Wedding Woes

Thursday?

What's up?

My nose is still running and my head is swimming in snot.  My ILs are taking the kids to the movies this afternoon.  

We're going to my folks to celebrate Christmas this weekend. I'm going to focus on the fun and ignore that my brother's will show up and be zero help while me sister and I do the bulk of the work.  I've got a bunch of food prep to do today. 

Re: Thursday?

• Oh and my 1st grader has homework.  Then I noticed the state of her room.  She's now purging her drawers and closet. 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2017
    I played with the Cricut last night.  There's going to be a helluva learning curve, but I think that it'll be great for what we want it for.  I'm very excited about it.

Work is sooooooooooooo slow.  Which is fine, except that I'm here and it makes me seriously non-motivated.  I have a daily to-do list, so I'm at least forcing myself through that.  Once that is finished though...*crickets* and YouTube videos on the Cricut.  smile 

Starting to get excited about NYE.  We're headed out of town, first to a friend's apartment for Saturday and seeing really great friends that I haven't seen since they moved, and then Sunday into a hotel and a swanky burlesque soiree for NYE.  We're really excited.  Last year's NYE was okay, but we wanted to do something special.
  • Had to go to the BMV this morning because yesterday i realized my license expired in Sept - thank goodness it was after our CA trip or I would have been in for a big surprise at the airport!  There was no line at all which was great, picked a good day to go. I had to go in person since they are switching to the new secure Real ID so I had to bring a bazillion documents but fortunately I had the right ones. My old license picture made me look like a serial killer and this one looks like a fat mug shot. I don't like the path my pictures are taking haha
  • I'm here. I've been working from home all week and it's actually been pretty busy. I'll have to go into the office today or tomorrow to get all of my stuff though. Our company was sold and we transition over to the new company as of 1/1 so it's been a scramble to get everything finalized. We had to tell clients last week (right before the holidays so horrible timing) so I'm doing everything I can to keep everyone happy and keep clients.

Other than that, just trying to wind down from Christmas and get back to normal. It's sure has bee nice though not having to get out of my pajamas and cuddling with my dog every day.

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017
    hope it's not as bad as you think it will be @6fsn
    @varunaTT.  Sounds fun. I love a good burlesque show.  New Years is my jam!

Speaking of New Years, it all depends on when and if my H works.  We can go to a comedy club if he's off a train, but if he's working during it, I think I'll stay inside.  My friend offered me to go visit her but it's a bit far and then I'd have to spend the night and miss H coming home.

Tomorrow and Monday we have off. yay!  I have some labs to do in the morning (fasting blood sugar) and then the rest of the day is for me.

• I'm here. I've been working from home all week and it's actually been pretty busy. I'll have to go into the office today or tomorrow to get all of my stuff though. Our company was sold and we transition over to the new company as of 1/1 so it's been a scramble to get everything finalized. We had to tell clients last week (right before the holidays so horrible timing) so I'm doing everything I can to keep everyone happy and keep clients.

Other than that, just trying to wind down from Christmas and get back to normal. It's sure has bee nice though not having to get out of my pajamas and cuddling with my dog every day.

cuuuuuute doggy!  So do you switch offices too? 

cuuuuuute doggy!  So do you switch offices too? 
    Thanks! And yes, new office as well. Luckily it's in the next office park over so my commute won't change at all. The only drawback is that I'm losing my actual office and will just have a desk in a corner (for now). With the new additions, their current office space is too small so in the summer they'll move downstairs in the same building and hopefully I'll have an office with a door again.
  • kvruns said:
    Had to go to the BMV this morning because yesterday i realized my license expired in Sept - thank goodness it was after our CA trip or I would have been in for a big surprise at the airport!  There was no line at all which was great, picked a good day to go. I had to go in person since they are switching to the new secure Real ID so I had to bring a bazillion documents but fortunately I had the right ones. My old license picture made me look like a serial killer and this one looks like a fat mug shot. I don't like the path my pictures are taking haha
    Dang boxes!

Great timing for no lines! I renewed my license on Tuesday and elected to get the "enhanced" DL even though MN has not yet switched to the Real ID.  There were about 6 different required categories of documents to bring in.  I also had an address change in October so had to update that as well.  Fortunately, I brought all the correct documents (passport, current DL, pay stub, current utility bill with new address).  I won't get my card for 6-8 weeks so we'll see what my pic looks like.  I've had a couple good ones in a row, so I'm due for a bad one!

Speaking of DL pictures... a guy I know showed me his new license picture.  He is making a surprised face and kept it for his official picture.  He said that would be the face the cops saw if they pulled him over - ha!

• I'm here! My sister and her family have been here since Saturday. So we have 2 two year olds and a 1 year old. It's been crazy, but tons of fun. And my sister is interviewing for a job about 2 hours (driving) away from here, which is getting me SO excited (she's currently a plane ride away). Her husband is basically Eeyore in human form, so he's being all grumpy about a potential move. Fingers crossed this trip goes well for him and he sees how nice it would be to at least be kind of close to family. 
    *********************************************************************************

• @charmedpam It will be.  I'm making cinnamon rolls, 3 sides, and researched tickets to the basketball game. My sister is making all of the desserts and her kids are making the rest of the breakfast stuff.  My one brother made the reservations for lunch.  He's the pickiest food snob so nobody wanted this task.  My other brother booked a flight. 

There will be a fight over how to cook the beef tenderloin Friday night.  My sister likes burnt.  My one brother likes raw.  My mom buys 2 tenderloins and walks away. 

It's just how it is.  My dad will stand at the bar and pour lots and lots of alcohol.  We now have 3 teenagers to act as DD so it'll all be good.

• @6fsn, hope you start feeling better for your trip this weekend.

@VarunaTT, Your NYE trip sounds fun!

@kvruns, a few years ago, I won a $2400 jackpot on video poker at Harrahs in NOLA.  They have to hand pay anything over $1200, which requires a valid ID.  I pull out my driver's license and it had expired 3 days earlier, lol.  Not to worry, I didn't lose the jp.  BUT, I couldn't get the money from it until I brought them a valid ID.  I have never been so motivated to go to the DMV in my life, lol.  The next day, I left work a few hours early to take care of it and went straight to Harrahs afterward to pick up my check.

@cupcait927, good luck with the transitioning.  I hope the new company is an even better one.  Though in general, that never seems to be the case!

@CharmedPam, I hope your H has NYE off!

I took a vacation day tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to getting off work tonight and starting my 4-day weekend.  Unlike some of you, I've actually had a lot of work to do this week.  Though I'm sure some of that is related to I'm trying to jam a week's worth of work into two days, lol.

For NYE, we're either being our usual fuddy-duddies (blame my H on that) or some friends from MS were talking about coming over and being fuddy-duddies with us, lol.  If they come, we'll probably all go out somewhere fun for dinner.  If they don't, we won't.  They also talked about wanting to see the Hannibal Buress show, but they thought the $50/person ticket price was too high.  I would love to do that!  Though it is more in the late afternoon as opposed to evening.  I checked and there are some seats that are $30.  So, maybe. 

Unfortunately, the weather is going to be a bit below freezing on NYE night.  Of course, the lowest it has been all season, lol.  It's dangerous enough to drive on that night, I hope the roads don't ice up on top of that.  I personally refuse to be out on the roads after 10PM on NYE anyway. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm here, and working. Finally tackling a project with a colleague that we've been putting off, so it was a good day to do it. Although it's freezing (literally -1 F this morning) and our office coffee sucks so we're in desperate need of caffeine. 

Don't know about NYE plans yet. H isn't a big fan and I could take it or leave, TBH. We might head out to a friend's and watch the Bills game (which could have playoff implications) so that might be fun. Other than that who knows?
  • I'm around, though I've got some appointments to get to today.  We leave Sat for vacation, and the dog is going with my parents tomorrow, so I need to get him packed up tonight.  I'm a little nervous, since they're taking him on vacation to a friends house for the annual NYE party there.  Not sure how he'll do on a 3 hour car ride, but they've had dogs before.  

I'm frantically trying to get the last Shutterfly book done before the sale ends tonight, but I don't think it's going to happen.  And I'm still waiting on 1 photo from another person on the tour with us and I don't know if it'll ever come.  I'm worried if I can make the rest of the vacation fit in the end of this book.  And Shutterfly has been glitchy for the last 3-4 months, so it's been a PITA to work with.  

@cupcait927 Such a cute photo!!

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2017
    Heeeeyyy!  I'm here for a short minute.  I'm taking DefConn to see Ferdinand today.  We asked the kiddo to go, but he'd rather stay in bed and play video games. Teenagers, smh. 

There's no new Prudie, womp, womp.  

We're taking DefConn to try out Jiu Jitsu tonight at a local studio.  DH is so excited.  DefConn doesn't know what to think, LOL
  • Here today as well.  Today is my Friday.  H and I have already decided we are taking DD to daycare tomorrow so that the two of us can have a lazy day in bed.  We will pick her up around 3, so she can get her usual after daycare crash nap in and still get to dinner at a decent time.  After dinner, we will hit up Wegmans to get the last of our goodies for our NYE. 

We haven't fully figured it out yet.  But the pack n play will be coming with us, so that hopefully DD will cooperate some and we can actually hang out with our friends.  H was saying last night that we might not be able to go out NYE to our friend's houses, since its going to snow.  This was the first I heard of snow.  It's HELLA freezing (though not -1, eek Charlotte!) here, but there is no snow in the forecast at all!  I think H might have been drinking yesterday...

Since MrsConn says no Prudie, I will go find another interesting letter to post!

• Another day, another doctors appointment, another Joint Commission complaint because they failed to schedule an interpreter for my dad.

Thankfully, we're dead at work so I have the time.

I hope everyone is having wonderful holidays!  And that I have time to post more regularly next week.
  • Anyone else having posting problems? I'm trying to remember my posts:

@cupcait927 did they sell to another local broker or a larger corp? 

@MNNEBride I wish I could have just gotten a regular ID so i didn't have to go in but in the long run it was probably good to dig out all the docs and get this one done before the rush before the 2020 deadline
  • At the top of pages, there is a new Privacy Policy and TOU with TK.  If you continue to post on the site or app, you agree to the policies.  I clicked on both of them and they redirected to Page Not Found.

Never change TK.

• It's a balmy 5 F here and supposed to reach 11 today.  It was -14 yesterday when I got on the bus but didn't feel that cold.  HIGH for Saturday is forecasted as -5 with a low of -13.   BRRRRR.  That's really cold even for us hardy Minnesotans.
  • @kvruns sold to another local broker. I'm so happy to be done with my current employer - they've treated us horribly for the last 8 months and I saw a lot of peoples' true colors. There was a national broker in the mix during the sale process but the local broker had more cash, which was the only concern. Thankfully I kept my job.
  • @MNNEBride and @charlotte989875, I'll shut up about the forecast calling for a bit below freezing temps (30 F) on NYE, lol.  We're fragile people down here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MNNEBride and @charlotte989875, I'll shut up about the forecast calling for a bit below freezing temps (30 F) on NYE, lol.  We're fragile people down here.
    Jumping on the ridiculously cold bandwagon. High right now is 9 and feels like -7. New Year's Eve will be a balmy 5 degrees. Don't even want to know what the windchill will make it feel like. Luckily my little dog is being a trooper and is still pooping outside (it's the little things).
    Jumping on the ridiculously cold bandwagon. High right now is 9 and feels like -7. New Year's Eve will be a balmy 5 degrees. Don't even want to know what the windchill will make it feel like. Luckily my little dog is being a trooper and is still pooping outside (it's the little things).

We're in a heat wave right now, it's 12 and feels like 4!  Yesterday, hit -4.  We even tied a record from 1925.
  • Man, one of my BFFs and his partner are going through a rough time.  They had planned on getting engaged/married in 2021, but there are some medical issues that might force things forward.  They are wanting to do the "keep it quiet thing."  I just flat out told him, DON'T DO THAT, do this, it'll be fine, no one will care, but if you do THAT, everyone will be butthurt.

I do not think he is going to listen.