Wedding Woes

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

:D  How was everyone's NYE?  Ours was low-key.  We went to dinner with FIL and DH's step-grandma (she paid, w00t!).  Afterward, we came home and watched Netflix.  DefConn went to my parent's for a cousin sleepover.  Yesterday, we went to my parent's for Mexican and then DefConn and I stayed.  DH and the kiddo went to FIL's to hang out with his step-grandma.  

It is now our busy season and we are busy AF.  Bring on the overtime.  I'll be working 50+ hours a week for at least the next month, maybe longer. 

It's cold AF...it was -16 when I woke up.  My poor friend's heat is out.   I told her to come here if she needs to. 

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• I'M BACKKKKKK

My lovely city is in a polar vortex, so not a lot happened.
    I got my haircut over the holidays and now I have bangs :) I also got highlights and it's glorious! {no ammonia in the colour, so it's preggo mama safe! :) }

There were a few days M and I did absolutely nothing, and they were well deserved and needed.

Met my OB on the 29th. She seems nice :)
    Already trying to keep on top of the plan of being organized is hard lmao!

I'll pop on and off today, trying to catch up on paperwork from last week
  • @mrsconn23, Mexican New Year's Day sounds fantastic.  Get that OT!!

@CharmedPam, (Groan), yes.  Holidays over.  No more long weekends.  No more extra days off.  It's been a dark cloud hanging over me this morning, lol.  Actually, I have one 4-day weekend in mid-February because Mardi Gras starts early this year.  It's on Feb. 13th, but the parades start rolling two weekends earlier.  The first main one will be just one month from today.

I was freezing this morning.  My house was built for hot weather, not cold.  It is not comfortable when the temps drop.  The heater in my car barely works.  There's nothing wrong with it, it's just always been like that.  It's a MINI.  It's engineered and manufactured in Germany!?!  You'd think those people would know how to keep a car warm, lol.

There's a 30% of snow flurries from midnight-6AM tonight/tomorrow morning!  Not that snow flurries are much.  They're not even fun.  It just means it's cold.  But it would be the first time it has snowed at all here in about a decade. 

Not much to report.  It was a very nice, relaxing weekend.  But we didn't do much.  Not even for NYE. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @varunatt, that show does sound awesome.  Glad you had a great time.
    @misskittydanger, cuuuuuuute. Look at you momma!
    @short+sassy, do people in NOLA automatically get mardi gras off? Like a state Holiday? :)  I googled the temp and it looks to be 25.  You know what?  that seems pretty cold! You didn't sign up for that shit.  I did.  I know what I'm getting into year after year!

• It's sofa king cold.   I'm sitting in my office at my desk and I can't warm up.   It was zero when I got the kids to daycare.   The daycare won't even have the school age stand at the bus stop.   I think all school buses are going to be late this week because parents just won't have their kids standing at bus stops in this.

It's weather like this that makes me think I need more turtlenecks and furry hats.
  • H just told me the outside fan on the heater is not firing up. I have no idea what that means or why/how he would know that. But it doesn't sound good. I think it is some secondary heat source for super cold ass days like today when the normal one can't keep up. 

Pretty sure my kid is about to eat his 3rd meal this morning. I gave him a hefty snack since my H was asleep and wouldn't wake up when B got up from his nap. it was supposed to be daddy day care today because I'm technically working. He just finished eating with me like 1.5 hours ago and i hear H ask if he's hungry and wants food. wtf dude you know he just ate! 
  • The Bills made the playoffs!!!! 

Seriously the entire city is excited. The first time in 17 years. You'd think we won the SuperBowl by how jazzed everyone is. NYE was just watching the game then home early. Yesterday, H and I stayed in, watched The Godfather and relaxed. It was glorious. 

Today is freezing cold and I had a 9am meeting. 

But whatever, because the Bills made the playoffs!
  • kvruns said:
    H just told me the outside fan on the heater is not firing up. I have no idea what that means or why/how he would know that. But it doesn't sound good. I think it is some secondary heat source for super cold ass days like today when the normal one can't keep up. 
    Our auxiliary heat kicks on in this type of weather because the heat cannot be pulled from the ground, but the pump can't keep the house warmer than about 63 or 64 during the day and upper 50's/low 60's at night.  We have infared heaters running downstairs and I have a space heater in my office.  We drag an infared heater upstairs at night.  I sleep with the blankets up to my chin and in a sweatshirt and sweatpants.  I'm so cold right now, but the space heater is keeping the chill off my hands.  

I had to take the trash down this morning and I felt my nose hairs freeze and my face was numb by the time I went back in the house.  I do wonder if they will have school tomorrow because it's going to get just as cold again tonight.  My old neighbor said our former neighborhood has had rolling power outages since yesterday.   This weather is bullshit. 
  • The Bills made the playoffs!!!! 

I was happy to see that and I pray they can be a spoiler for some of the top teams.  I'd like to see a less than predictable playoff season.  ;) 
  • @mrsconn23 yea apparently it is the auxillary heat fan that seems to be dead.  H doesn't think it is cold related but rather unfortunate timing. I'm afraid he's going to try to go fix it himself and end up breaking the whole thing. We have to have a separate heater in baby B's room because his room is always so cold.  

I don't really get heat pumps because our bill is outrageous. H says it should be more efficient than gas or electric but when the house was built the unit size was too small for the house (according to my H, the builder obviously had no issue) so it never keeps up.  IDK but I much prefered my $100 bill with my gas heat at my old house. Granted it was about 1/2 the size of this one but still. 
  • I actually had a really, really great weekend with the family.  NO FIGHTING.  It may very well be a first.  It only took us 40+ years.  Friday night big dinner and lots of presents and games.  Saturday a basketball game and nice lunch out followed by lots of games.  Sunday more games and home.

NYE I fell asleep on the couch at 7.  DH and I were in bed by 10.  NY Day we went to the science center and picked up our first fish for the aquarium.

It is 9 right now.  That's the high for Friday. Ugh, I bet there are school delays this week.  I haaaaaaate school delays!!  I also feel horrible for DH on days like today.  He starts so early and he has to walk all over campus.  His office building is ancient so even that's cold.  Sometimes he just goes and stands next to a boiler to try to warm up, but you can't start sweating or everything gets wet then you're really in trouble.

Side note: My cousin's daughter is an artist.  She's been posting time lapse videos of her paintings on Instagram and I get completely sucked in.

• Happy new year everyone! Ours was quite tame. I went to my lesson, came home, took a nice hot bath with wine. Then DH and I watched the Dubai light show on tv. The light show was disappointing but the night was perfect. Started the new year off right with some bcbc since he had the day off work. He helped me clean the house a little and it was nice to have him home. 
    Today, started cutting pieces for the new quilt I am working on. It is for my best girlfriend in the states who will be graduating this spring. I have been planning it for a long time and am thrilled to finally start. I also scored an shelf/ storage unit from a B/S/T group that I was refusing to pay full price for. I always see these things too late but today I won and my craft room is so much happier for it. 
    Tomorrow, ikea is delivering bookcases and shoe storage. Our books have lived on the floor for the past year so it is stupid how excited I am about this.
  • @varunatt, that show does sound awesome.  Glad you had a great time.
    @misskittydanger, cuuuuuuute. Look at you momma!
    @short+sassy, do people in NOLA automatically get mardi gras off? Like a state Holiday? :)  I googled the temp and it looks to be 25.  You know what?  that seems pretty cold! You didn't sign up for that shit.  I did.  I know what I'm getting into year after year!

Thank you, I did NOT sign up for that shit, lol!

Pretty much, yeah.  I don't know if it is officially a state holiday, but there are no schools or government offices of any kind open.  Unless a person works in something like retail or a hospital, almost  everyone has the day off and it is usually a holiday.  It's hard to get anywhere, anyway.  Some companies give the Monday before it off as a holiday also. 

Though it can come at a price.  For example, the company I work for has an office in Houston also.  The Houston office doesn't get MG day, but they do get Memorial Day.  We don't get Memorial Day off because that is what we give up for MG.  We don't get the bonus Monday off either, but I'll take a vacation day for that.

@charlotte989875, congrats on playoffs for the Bills!  I thought of you when I saw that this weekend.  In more great football news, my Saints won the NFC South.  Despite their embarrassing loss to the Bucs, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In my old job I dealt with a few of our schools in LA and they always had off for Mardi Gras instead of President's Day.
  • Popped on to remember something hilarious I thought of last night while I was unable to sleep.

If I have a girl, my granny, myself, my mum and kid will have initials in alphabetical like
    J, K, L, M

Lolololol {legit, this is the random things I think of when I can't sleep - pregnant or not}
  • Popped on to remember something hilarious I thought of last night while I was unable to sleep.

If I have a girl, my granny, myself, my mum and kid will have initials in alphabetical like
    J, K, L, M

Lolololol {legit, this is the random things I think of when I can't sleep - pregnant or not}
    That's really neat though! I think of those things to when Im laying in bed and should be concentrating on a tv show or something.

I originally wanted our wedding to be Oct 29th because my sister is Dec 27th, my brother's is June 28th and i thought it would be cool to be Oct 29th.  27,28,29.  But then I saw the discounts for off season..... (j/k)

• The weekend was just about perfect, until we got to Outback steakhouse last night! LOL!

H & I had our relaxing day in bed on Friday.  We both took DD to daycare and then went to the Amish mart for breakfast and other deliciousness.  Then home to bed for relaxing and other fun.  We picked DD up around 3 and went to dinner and Wegmans for our NYE food supplies. 

Saturday we attempted to install the water line for our new fridge.  When H drilled through the floor we ended up about 1/2 inch from a vent.  We stopped because our water line is just plastic and we want to get something to insulate it from the heat of the vent.  So we will get back to that this weekend.  We also got to Church.

Sunday we went to H's friends house at 1 PM.  We tried to watch the new Kingsman movie, but it kept loading every 45 seconds.  I swear we tried to watch it for 2 hours and it wasn't even half done.  So we left to give DD her big nap at home.  At 7 we went to my friend's house.  DD lasted until around 9, then we put her in the pack n play.  We started to play What's My Meme? (I think that's the name), its like CAH but you based your answer off the Meme picture.  People just picked the worst/most horrible answer instead of using one that actually went with the Meme.  Also, the game is geared to young millenials because there was so much slang I didn't understand!  I will advocate for CAH next time! 

Around 11, the neighbor's daughter who was in the same room as DD sleeping started crying, which woke DD up.  This worked to our advantage.  We left to go home, DD stayed awake.  We gave her a small bottle and put her back to bed.  She was out by 11:45.  H and I watched the Philly NYE fireworks from bed.  When they were done, we both shut off the TV and went to sleep.  It was perfection!

Then DD slept in until 8:30.  We did nothing all day.  We watched the Mummers Parade (a very Philly tradition!) and napped.  We woke up around 5 and decided to go to Outback for dinner.  It was the worst service ever.  I think there were problems in the kitchen too.  They actually had a hostess serving samples to people.  I've never seen that happen before!  The guy behind me had an overcooked and incorrect steak cut delivered to him.  The lady across from us had a hair in her food.  They were not busy, but yet we were there for an hour and a half.  Last time, for a long time, we will be going to Outback!

Busy with work today and have more to get back to.  Just popping in during my lunch.  Yoga at work today and then leftovers for dinner.  I'm also starting to gear up for DD's 1st birthday party for the end of February.  It will be a Hawaiian theme!

• mrsconn23 said:
    The Bills made the playoffs!!!! 

I was happy to see that and I pray they can be a spoiler for some of the top teams.  I'd like to see a less than predictable playoff season.  ;) 
    We're so hoping that happens. 

One of the best second day stories of this is all the Bills fans donating to Andy Dalton's charity. 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/1/2/16840420/buffalo-bills-fans-showing-gratitude-to-andy-daltons-foundation

J, K, L, M

That's really neat though! I think of those things to when Im laying in bed and should be concentrating on a tv show or something.

I originally wanted our wedding to be Oct 29th because my sister is Dec 27th, my brother's is June 28th and i thought it would be cool to be Oct 29th.  27,28,29.  But then I saw the discounts for off season..... (j/k)
    My dad's side of the family we have that with birthdates and my due date lines up with it as well ;) lolololol

We have serious deal about numbers. My nana can add up all the numbers and figure out your lucky number {birthdate + time + weight} It's been pretty accurate.
  • The weekend was just about perfect, until we got to Outback steakhouse last night! LOL!

H & I had our relaxing day in bed on Friday.  We both took DD to daycare and then went to the Amish mart for breakfast and other deliciousness.  Then home to bed for relaxing and other fun.  We picked DD up around 3 and went to dinner and Wegmans for our NYE food supplies. 

Saturday we attempted to install the water line for our new fridge.  When H drilled through the floor we ended up about 1/2 inch from a vent.  We stopped because our water line is just plastic and we want to get something to insulate it from the heat of the vent.  So we will get back to that this weekend.  We also got to Church.

Sunday we went to H's friends house at 1 PM.  We tried to watch the new Kingsman movie, but it kept loading every 45 seconds.  I swear we tried to watch it for 2 hours and it wasn't even half done.  So we left to give DD her big nap at home.  At 7 we went to my friend's house.  DD lasted until around 9, then we put her in the pack n play.  We started to play What's My Meme? (I think that's the name), its like CAH but you based your answer off the Meme picture.  People just picked the worst/most horrible answer instead of using one that actually went with the Meme.  Also, the game is geared to young millenials because there was so much slang I didn't understand!  I will advocate for CAH next time! 

Around 11, the neighbor's daughter who was in the same room as DD sleeping started crying, which woke DD up.  This worked to our advantage.  We left to go home, DD stayed awake.  We gave her a small bottle and put her back to bed.  She was out by 11:45.  H and I watched the Philly NYE fireworks from bed.  When they were done, we both shut off the TV and went to sleep.  It was perfection!

Then DD slept in until 8:30.  We did nothing all day.  We watched the Mummers Parade (a very Philly tradition!) and napped.  We woke up around 5 and decided to go to Outback for dinner.  It was the worst service ever.  I think there were problems in the kitchen too.  They actually had a hostess serving samples to people.  I've never seen that happen before!  The guy behind me had an overcooked and incorrect steak cut delivered to him.  The lady across from us had a hair in her food.  They were not busy, but yet we were there for an hour and a half.  Last time, for a long time, we will be going to Outback!

Busy with work today and have more to get back to.  Just popping in during my lunch.  Yoga at work today and then leftovers for dinner.  I'm also starting to gear up for DD's 1st birthday party for the end of February.  It will be a Hawaiian theme!

Yes! I own that game.  I find that there's not enough meme's in it.  We finished it in less than 1 hour.  CAH is better IMO.  I have to wait for the meme expansion pack. 

I normally like outback.  Sorry you had a bad experience! 

So we found out the tenants renting from us are expecting in August.  They have two kids already, each from a previous relationship and both 3 years old. Her mom posted at how happy she was to plan a shower now.  What's the protocol on that? Is it gift grabby since they're only 3...but it's a first for them together....?

• @OliveOilsMom Wonderful holiday {minus Outback} !
  • kvruns said:
    In my old job I dealt with a few of our schools in LA and they always had off for Mardi Gras instead of President's Day.

This is what the last company I worked for did.

President's Day isn't a holiday where I currently work, at either the Houston or NOLA offices.  Meh.

Though, Good Friday is.  That's another odd LA thing.  Good Friday isn't a Federal holiday but, in this state, most businesses are closed and it is one of their holidays.  Including banks, state and city government agencies.  I know it is a special day for all Christians, but we have a deeply entrenched Catholic culture and I think that is where it comes from.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just realized the little after school break from chaos is over. One night a week is a moving basketball practice. 
    Monday-religion
    Tuesday- keeper training
    wednesday- gymnastics
    Friday- speed and agility
    Saturday- Saturday basketball game
    sunday- indoor soccer. 

This is my new normal until spring when things really go crazy. 
  • 6fsn said:
    I just realized the little after school break from chaos is over. One night a week is a moving basketball practice. 
    Monday-religion
    Tuesday- keeper training
    wednesday- gymnastics
    Friday- speed and agility
    Saturday- Saturday basketball game
    sunday- indoor soccer. 

This is my new normal until spring when things really go crazy. 
    My coworker had a crazy schedule like that with her kids, and idk how she did it and now idk how you do it!
  • @OliveOilsMom I'm jealous you can take DD out to restaurants. Once mine was able to crawl he had no interest in sitting in a car seat or highchair and restaurants were no fun. 
  • @MissKittyDanger I'm ok once I get the schedule. It's the unknown that I fear.  Spring right now is religion, 2 soccer, 2 baseball, lacrosse and gymnastics. I won't lie that it stresses me, but the kids seem to do best when they've got stuff going on. 
  • @6fsn At least the kids benefit. Do you have down time for yourself? {destress, decompress, etc etc}
  • @6fsn At least the kids benefit. Do you have down time for yourself? {destress, decompress, etc etc}
    Absolutely. Tuesday mornings and 2 Wednesdays a month are kid free. Thursday morning small group and once a month cards are always on the calendar. The one outdoor soccer practice is also nice because there's a great place to go for a run.

The kids always have the option to say no too. 6let said nope to indoor soccer and a different soccer clinic. M2 said no to baseball. I said no to hockey and football:).