Wedding Woes

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2»

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• We had a laid back NYE - friends came over for a casual dinner. Yesterday I did some stuff around the house intending to watch The Crown but started watching the Season 1 marathon of Victoria on PBS. Now I'm hooked on that too. Last night I watched more of The Crown. Today has been undecorating day. We still have the tree to go but we don't have a storage bag for it - we got a new tree this year. Guess I better hit up Amazon!

DD and SIL left on Sunday. We had a great visit. She and I went shopping for maternity clothes for her. She has a little bit of a bump - looks like she ate a big meal. So cute! She and the babies are doing well. SIL has finally relaxed a little bit and seems happy. They will be closing on a house later this month! Lots of happiness going on.

• Today, H filed his paperwork and is an official candidate!  We're hoping to do the formal announcement next week, but he filed with the State, has a PO box, bank account and website.  Although, the website needs some tweaks.  Like pictures that show his face.  Details.  Sorry it's so large; I apparently can no longer resize after this last Windows Update.  Argh.

WHOOO! Congrats to Mr. Mitten - whom his name is obv Matt Mitten :)

Great name for a husband might I add ;) lol
  • Go Matt Mitten! 

As for the Meme game.  We are late 30s/early 40s in our group.  There were a couple of times where our corner of the room was like, what does that mean?  The Meme pictures were lots of fun.  And to go towards Pam's comment.  We started with 8 people and added a 9th in later.  With 7 comment cards each round, we did finish the game in about an hour and half.  We had one break and with so many people, it took a bit to get each answer in, collect a new comment card, read all the submitted comments and pick the winner of that round.  So, the game can go relatively quickly.  I did much prefer CAH.

• #MattMittenForMichigan is an amazing slogan. 

This is is my afternoon. 

• Happy New Year!
    DH and I went on a short getaway to Vancouver, BC. They have great happy hours.... Spent NYE itself sleeping. Honestly, I haven't seen the clock strike midnight on NYE in like, 5 years. I just don't care.
    Funny thing was our flight was then at 6:45am, so we took the first train out of downtown at 4:52. It was the drunk train! How people are still standing at that time is beyond me. But it reminded us of How I Met Your Mother's drunk train episode- "ya think ya're bettah than me!?"

Other than that, settling into a new job this week. We're going through a re-org and I was offered a new position that's even more aligned with my educational background, so I'm really excited. 

• Happy New Year!
    DH and I went on a short getaway to Vancouver, BC. They have great happy hours.... Spent NYE itself sleeping. Honestly, I haven't seen the clock strike midnight on NYE in like, 5 years. I just don't care.
    Funny thing was our flight was then at 6:45am, so we took the first train out of downtown at 4:52. It was the drunk train! How people are still standing at that time is beyond me. But it reminded us of How I Met Your Mother's drunk train episode- "ya think ya're bettah than me!?"

Other than that, settling into a new job this week. We're going through a re-org and I was offered a new position that's even more aligned with my educational background, so I'm really excited. 

Glad you all had a fun getaway!  I'm picturing a variety of clothing, but all of it obviously from the night before.  An occasional, but now bedraggled looking, cocktail dress.

Congrats on the new position!  That is exciting news.  Sounds like something you'll enjoy more.

@kimmiinthemitten, and congrats to you and Mr. Mitten!  I wish him lots of luck in his campaigning. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker