Wedding Woes

Thursday!!! (It's Thursday, right?)

2»

Re: Thursday!!! (It's Thursday, right?)

• Ugh @CharmedPam that sucks. 

Did he feel bad about it?

He did.  He apologized.  told me he wanted to be there just as much as I did. 

He did.  He apologized.  told me he wanted to be there just as much as I did. 
    My snarky comment would have been "not enough to actually leave when we said we would". But that probably wouldn't have helped. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2018

@MissKittyDanger we’re a family of 5.  I stock piled a ton of stuff today and we were out of a lot of paper goods- toilet paper, trash bags napkins, paper plates. I won’t  need to buy paper plates for probably 3 years now.  We were completely out of oatmeal, fruit (not even fruit cups or pouches I keep for back ups), Black beans (we normally eat at least a can a week), peanut butter, and had half a bag of Chex cereal left. 

We we don’t eat out much so our grocery bill isn’t always high. 

ETA: I looked more at what I bought- 18 lbs of peanut butter that won't last 6 months.

• @CharmedPam - I'm so sorry. I'd be so royally pissed at H......like wtf was so important that were you doing for 10 extra minutes that I had to miss my BFF's life event? Next time, if he wasn't in the car when I said we needed to leave, I would leave his ass. 
    *********************************************************************************

• @CharmedPam - I'm so sorry. I'd be so royally pissed at H......like wtf was so important that were you doing for 10 extra minutes that I had to miss my BFF's life event? Next time, if he wasn't in the car when I said we needed to leave, I would leave his ass. 
    Thought about that. I have a long narrow driveway, and his car was parked behind mine.  So that was another few minutes too.  Switching cars out! again, with no urgency as he does that.

• 18 lbs of PB ????
  • @6fsn Ah see that's a good price for family of 5 :) I budget just the two of us at $150 every 2 weeks, but it depends on sales and what we need.
  • VarunaTT said:
    SSDD.  My entire work week is so thrown off that I'm almost completely ineffective.  I feel like i'm just lurching from project to project.

I did sign up for a meal plan that has automatic sending of the grocery lists to Walmart for pick up and I am so freaking excited about that, I can barely contain it.  Like, K is asleep right now and I want them to wake up so I can share my joy and excitement over this!  We're trying to get the new year started off right and start building "our life" together more effectively.
    This is exactly how I'm feeling. 

Also, so happy for you and K. Sounds like things are in a great place. And also happy for your grocery efficiency. That's key. 
  • DH is always stressed about time deadlines.  His father was always late, and he grew up walking in late to special events.  His Dad never changed.
    When we are going someplace, he will walk in ten minutes before we agreed to leave and say, "Why aren't you ready yet?  It's time to go!"  It drives me crazy.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • VarunaTT said:
    SSDD.  My entire work week is so thrown off that I'm almost completely ineffective.  I feel like i'm just lurching from project to project.

I did sign up for a meal plan that has automatic sending of the grocery lists to Walmart for pick up and I am so freaking excited about that, I can barely contain it.  Like, K is asleep right now and I want them to wake up so I can share my joy and excitement over this!  We're trying to get the new year started off right and start building "our life" together more effectively.
    haha.  that's so funny! What service is this though?  is it through walmart.com?

• “Early is on time, on time is late.” = me
    ”I made it there didn't I” = the rest of my family. 
    It makes me want to strangle them Homer Simpson style. Over the years I have learned just to go by myself because overwise I will get too stressed out waiting on them to be ready. 
  • “Early is on time, on time is late.” = me
    ”I made it there didn't I” = the rest of my family. 
    It makes me want to strangle them Homer Simpson style. Over the years I have learned just to go by myself because overwise I will get too stressed out waiting on them to be ready. 
    Same. My mum is an avid person to being early, she always was but it got worse/better with me as 'the pokey little puppy' child.

I'm so beyond happy that M is same thinking as me in the early = on time lol
  • Ugh. There is a cat who for the past two nights has jumped into our garden to pick on our little cat. Last night there was a scuffle the dog broke up (bless him) and tonight our cat ran straight through the screen window, even though the door was open. (Our sliders are 3 panes floor to ceiling. One opens to be the door, the middle is solid, and the other side slides to be a screened window)
  • Being the daughter of a career Navy man, if you are on time you are late is my mindset. Luckily, my own family is the same. However, SIL isn't and drives DD a bit crazy. I'm glad I don't have to put up with it - he is always on time for things when he is at our house.
  • My dad is  of the "on time is late", "5 min early is on time" mindset. I adopted that until I kept showing up places extra early and had friends who were always super late and I had to adjust my expectations if other people are involved. 
  • kvruns said:
    My dad is  of the "on time is late", "5 min early is on time" mindset. I adopted that until I kept showing up places extra early and had friends who were always super late and I had to adjust my expectations if other people are involved. 
    That is literally a pet peeve of M and mine when we go places. Some friends are notoriously late. One friend will quite often call last minute to get a drive, and typically it's M {since we live relatively close to him} and I've told M to stop saying yes because it's always when we're already there {early} and last minute.

Last time M picked him up, I suggested M tell him that if he wants a ride that's fine but he needs to give us heads up earlier in the day. Even if it's 2hrs before the event is happening ... that way we can adjust our schedules.
  • kvruns said:
    My dad is  of the "on time is late", "5 min early is on time" mindset. I adopted that until I kept showing up places extra early and had friends who were always super late and I had to adjust my expectations if other people are involved. 
    This pisses me off too.. Especially now that I have a kid. Like, if I can get myself and my toddler somewhere on time, you better have an AWESOME excuse for making me wait for 15 minutes. IMO, it's a simple issue of respect. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I used to show up 10  min early to lunch and one friend would always be 15-20 min late. She didn't have kids or any reason to be late other than she is just always late.  My "favorite" was when 3 of us took a day off to go outlet shopping and they were meeting at my house at 9am. 1 friend shows up on time, friend mentioned above texts me at like 9:10 saying she overslept, still had to take a shower and then would come over. And then at maybe 9:30 or after she asks if we wanted anything because she was stopping at Starbucks.  Like what???  She nearly got left. 
  • kvruns said:
    This pisses me off too.. Especially now that I have a kid. Like, if I can get myself and my toddler somewhere on time, you better have an AWESOME excuse for making me wait for 15 minutes. IMO, it's a simple issue of respect. 
    When I show up on time (or usually early) somewhere, and the person I'm meeting is super late...it sends me into anger and anxiety overdrive in my head.  And if it's somewhere crowded and I'm standing there like an asshole waiting on that person, it's even worse.   Being late to meet someone is also very stressful to me (and I'm usually only late due to unexpected traffic or getting lost...which smartphones have vastly improved avoiding both things). 
  • Hunker down and hang in there, NE Knotties!

@CharmedPam, I'm sorry to hear you missed your friend's wedding!  But don't beat yourself up over it, I'm sure she understands.  Traffic was extra bad on my wedding day and some of the guests had texted my mom they were running 5-10 minutes late.  We waited an extra 15 minutes, to make sure everyone had a chance to get there.

I had just emerged from where I had gotten ready to start walking over to the "altar" (it was an outside wedding, not in a church).  None of the other guests could have seen me yet, but I saw my friend...who had just arrived...give me a mortified look.  I saw she was planning to stand over to the side, instead of going to the seating, so as not to be disruptive.  But I smiled, waved hi, and then gestured my hand for her to continue to the seating (she was too far away to talk to).

She is a former coworker and I know her to be a super punctual person.  I wasn't mad at all and knew s**t must have really hit the fan for her to be late. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VarunaTT said:

haha.  that's so funny! What service is this though?  is it through walmart.com?
    It's emeals.com.  When you download the app, you can input your zip code and it pulls up all the grocery stores that have reserve pickup/delivery and just sends the grocery list to them.

I know it's somewhat silly, but TBH, meal planning/grocery shopping is one of the things *I* always had to do b/c exDH wouldn't get off his ass to do anything for it, even when asked (when asked he threw a temper tantrum and said he would only do it under X circumstances, etc.).  K doesn't have any experience meal planning or cooking (seriously, they used to eat like...instant mashed potatoes for dinner) and this is a good compromise for us.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2018

Hunker down and hang in there, NE Knotties!

@CharmedPam, I'm sorry to hear you missed your friend's wedding!  But don't beat yourself up over it, I'm sure she understands.  Traffic was extra bad on my wedding day and some of the guests had texted my mom they were running 5-10 minutes late.  We waited an extra 15 minutes, to make sure everyone had a chance to get there.

I had just emerged from where I had gotten ready to start walking over to the "altar" (it was an outside wedding, not in a church).  None of the other guests could have seen me yet, but I saw my friend...who had just arrived...give me a mortified look.  I saw she was planning to stand over to the side, instead of going to the seating, so as not to be disruptive.  But I smiled, waved hi, and then gestured my hand for her to continue to the seating (she was too far away to talk to).

She is a former coworker and I know her to be a super punctual person.  I wasn't mad at all and knew s**t must have really hit the fan for her to be late. 

right? I don't know a wedding that DID start on time!  Similar to your story, My H's cousin loved me from the get go.  She commented on how non bridezilla I was later.  the whole wedding party was standing in line waiting for it to start, and I saw her come in from behind. I turned around, smiled (at this person I never met before) and indicated to her it was OK to go take a seat if she wanted. But she was waiting for the rest of her family anyway. 

I probably am taking it harder than they were.  Maybe I should have texted her at 11 that we were there and couldn't find the damn place!

And not to make excuses but I also wanted to add that I had a 1 hr and 15 minute commute and everyone lived in the general area and maybe had a half hour at the most? Again, not an excuse but I think I was the guest who had the furthest to go (so yeah yeah yeah I still had to leave earlier) 

• VarunaTT said:
    VarunaTT said:

It's emeals.com.  When you download the app, you can input your zip code and it pulls up all the grocery stores that have reserve pickup/delivery and just sends the grocery list to them.

I know it's somewhat silly, but TBH, meal planning/grocery shopping is one of the things *I* always had to do b/c exDH wouldn't get off his ass to do anything for it, even when asked (when asked he threw a temper tantrum and said he would only do it under X circumstances, etc.).  K doesn't have any experience meal planning or cooking (seriously, they used to eat like...instant mashed potatoes for dinner) and this is a good compromise for us.
    I am seriously going to try this.  I love homechef right now, and wont be able to go back to it for awhile, but I do need food!