Wedding Woes
Options

And, today's 4 men.

Dear Prudence,
I recently decided to try a little light bondage with my boyfriend of just over a year. I stripped down, put on a blindfold, and let him tie me to the bed. Then I waited. And waited. Finally, I pushed off the blindfold (it was very light bondage!) and saw that I was all alone. I found him in the living room and asked what was wrong. He said nothing was wrong—he just wanted to see how long I would lie there. I called him a jerk, and we got into an argument. He said it was just a joke and that I should lighten up, but I’m still angry. Am I making too big a deal out of this?
—Unbound in New York

Re: And, today's 4 men.

• Options
    Propose to him. The best way to fix something like this is to keep on with the relationship and actually make it more serious. He sounds like the PERFECT husband.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I'd be pissed too. Like, hello I'm assuming they had a discussion about this. That would personally affect my trust if tried again.

Plus it's just plain rude.

It's possible LW is making a bigger deal out of it that it deserves, but the bf didn't help.
  • Options
    What a jerk!  Is this really a what do I do question that she can't solve on her own?!

But in all seriousness, this just brings me back full circle to the whole point and thought behind #metoo.  How sad that so many women question their response to situations that make them feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
  • Options
    I don't think she's overreacting at all. 

At the absolute best, this guy is totally immature and thought this would be a great 'joke' to play on her and is confused why she doesn't think it's funny. 

At the worst, he's a sadistic asshole who thought nothing of leaving her in that state and then gas-lighted her about her reaction. 

Either way, it was a huge breach of trust and LW needs to DTMFA.   

I love all of @southernbelle0915's options.  ;) 

• Options
    Or be like "baby I really want to try again... this time let me tie you down." 

Tie him down naked, unblindfolded, so he can watch you move all your shit out. Then say bye and leave him with a cell phone in one hand and tell him the door is unlocked so he can call someone to help him. Boy bye.
    I vote this!

My first thought was, "Is he 12? 12-year-olds shouldn't be having sex!" What a jerk. 
  • Options
    Leave now.