New York

Guest List Manager

Mine is not working.  And I'm annoyed.  pffffffffffff

Also- random Saturday vent... don't you just LOVE when people assume they can bring a "+1" to your retardedly expensive event that you have tried desperately to cut your guest list to afford.  grr...
Hello, friend, meet etiquette.... 
Yell

Ok back to cleaning and avoiding my homework. 

Have a great weekend ladies!
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Guest List Manager

• edited December 2011
    ack! Did they send the invite back with a plus one even though you didn't put "and guest" ? Or did they call you up and ask? Or did they casually mention they are bringing so-and-so?
    My friend told me at her wedding that her in-law's close friend's (whom she barely knew anyways) couldn't make it. But they sent the RSVP back marked that they were sending their two grown children IN THEIR PLACE. and because they wouldn't know anyone else there, they were BRINGING THEIR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS. So that added two more people to the guest list. No, you don't get to send people in your place dummies! If you can't make it, you can't make it!
    She said she can't wait to hear my stories as it gets closer... UGH.
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh man... that would really piss me off and result in a seriously uncomfortable phone call.  It's not like they bought tickets to the SU game and were sending people to "fill the empty seats"
    Sheesh... some people.

My envelope was addressed to this girl... ONLY
    and the rsvp was returned with "Ms _____ and guest"
    Not even the name of the guest... which leaves me wondering do you not even have a "guest" yet.  Are you hoping to find a date by that point?  This is not a free meal and party for you and random screw of the week (as Bridgett had so eloquently put it before)

So.... before I stewed on it for a while, I texted the girl and asked her who the "guest" was that she was planning to bring.  I explained that we are very tight with numbers right now and not able to accomodate guests.  I said if this was someone very special to her (recently divorced, to my knowledge not dating anyone), perhaps we could make an exception. 

She was pretty embarrassed and said she didn't remember if the envelope said "and guest" or not.  She apologized and said make it just her.  I apologized too and said I would let her know if space becomes available or whatever.

It was really awkward... don't know if I should have just kept my mouth shut or what.  I figured I had to say something, because I am sure I would flip if Kevin's friends wanted to bring their random screws, ya know?

Ugh... awkward...
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man.  Sounds like you handled it well!

**Confession of the week re: guests**
    I'm so embarassed about this now, but in my early twenties, I kind of bullied a friend into adding a guest for me at her wedding.  It was in my hometown and I booked flights for me and my boyfriend to go before I actually got the invite with just my name on it.  After talking with her, she agreed that he could come even though it was supposed to be married, engaged, or living together only couples.  Not sure that I really agree with that cutoff even now, but if I could do it over I would NEVER ask to add a guest. I just didn't realize how expensive weddings were at the time and how rude I was being!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards