Moms and Maids

Hair & makeup for bridesmaids - who pays??

edited January 16 in Moms and Maids
I hired a hair and makeup artist for my wedding and am not sure what to do. I know different people do different things but what tends to be the norm? 

Do the bridesmaids pay for their own hair and makeup? Or do I? 

What have been your experiences??
Thanks! 

Re: Hair & makeup for bridesmaids - who pays??

• I hired a hair and makeup artist for my wedding and am not sure what to do. I know different people do different things but what tends to be the norm? 

Do the bridesmaids pay for their own hair and makeup? Or do I? 

What have been your experiences??
    Thabks! 
    If you’re requiring that they use your professional hair and MUA, you pay.  If you’re just offering them to use the services and it’s their choice, they’d pay.

My experience was I hired a hair stylist and MUA to come to my parents’ house, where I was getting ready.  I offered (but didn’t require) my mother, sisters (co-MOHs) and my BM the services as well.  Mom and sisters took me up on them, BM passed and styled herself.  Both professionals requested the final numbers a week in advance so they knew what time to come/could set up their day.  I found it helpful to request the money for each service in advance, so that I had the cash in the envelopes ready to roll; no awkward shuffling around in wallets at go-time.
    short+sassycharlotte989875ahoywedding
  • MairePoppyMairePoppy Connecticut
    Moderator Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its
    mod
    You hired them, you pay. 

• levioosalevioosa Southern California
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    I answered you on Etiquette.