Chit Chat

Outlander - Potential Spoilers

So I might have been living under a rock but I really hadn’t heard of Outlander until last week. A friend told me she started watching it and I would love the character development and story lines. I started watching and WOW! She was right about the characters and story but she should have warned me about the sex. I’m no prude but WOW. I was blushing through the majority. 

Anyone else watching?

I'm caught up until start of season 3 (sick with stomach flu ... binged watched) and while I liked both seasons, I preferred season 1. I liked how it didn’t jump like season 2 did between the time lines. I also liked the character development and the start of the relationship between Jamie and Claire.

I also now now want to return to Scotland. H and I went for a weekend in September and it was one of my favourite trips we have ever gone on. The scenery is amazing and I long to see more castles and history. More scotch wouldn’t hurt either.  

Re: Outlander - Potential Spoilers

• We're watching.  I loved season 2, especially in France.  But that's also cos I felt it was very true to the books.  I felt season 1 was all wrong in terms of Jamie/Claire and how their relationship developed.  Even more sex in the books, if you haven't read them, but they're much better than the series

• We're watching.  I loved season 2, especially in France.  But that's also cos I felt it was very true to the books.  I felt season 1 was all wrong in terms of Jamie/Claire and how their relationship developed.  Even more sex in the books, if you haven't read them, but they're much better than the series
    I think I’m going to ask for the books as a Christmas gift. I will then have to compare
  • Indeed try the books...they will immerse you in their history'ish web for weeks at a time only to leave you wanting more...more...more.  
    Glad this is on "film" now as it will be great fun and introduce many millions of others to the talents of Ms. Gabaldon. 

cheers,
    just a writer at yourhomeworkhelp.org who's soon to be married
  • Indeed try the books...they will immerse you in their history'ish web for weeks at a time only to leave you wanting more...more...more.  
    Glad this is on "film" now as it will be great fun and introduce many millions of others to the talents of Ms. Gabaldon. 

I’m halfway through the second now. They are great!