Wedding Woes

Baby Kitten Gender!!

2»

Re: Baby Kitten Gender!!

• @southernbelle0915 I knew we were going to disagree with names so we started a list early lol that's really only reason

@*Barbie* I'm all for names that aren't popular {also on girl list was Harper, Avery, Audrey, Aubrey} but I didn't want one of those names that it's like "wtf :| "

@6fsn yehhh 100% on the ball about the name ;) if there's another kid, that might change
  • Congrats!!! We had a shortlist of names for Babypants. We knew she was a girl and that she'd have the same middle name as me, but first name didn't get picked until the next morning - and the birth certificate lady at the hospital had to hound us twice lol
  • Congrats!!! We had a shortlist of names for Babypants. We knew she was a girl and that she'd have the same middle name as me, but first name didn't get picked until the next morning - and the birth certificate lady at the hospital had to hound us twice lol

I yelled at the birth certificate lady when M2 was born.  SHE KEPT CALLING and I just wanted to SLEEP. 
  • 6fsn said:
    Congrats!!! We had a shortlist of names for Babypants. We knew she was a girl and that she'd have the same middle name as me, but first name didn't get picked until the next morning - and the birth certificate lady at the hospital had to hound us twice lol

I yelled at the birth certificate lady when M2 was born.  SHE KEPT CALLING and I just wanted to SLEEP. 
    The callers/visitors to the hospital room are THE. WORST. I would just have fallen asleep and I'd feel this *tap tap tap* "hi, I'm with the parenting program.." or "I'm the chaplin" or "would you like newborn photos taken?" or "do you need a breast pump?" or "do you have a carseat?" I mean literally all of those questions could be asked BEFORE I deliver. This time, I'll have a huge sign on my door that says "nurses and clinical staff ONLY."
    *********************************************************************************

LOL, in Ontario, you go home, sign on and fill out the birth certificate online. @MissKittyDanger, opt for the long form birth certificate, you cannot do anything with the short form. You also can get your kid's SIN card and Health Card at the same time. It's great. 
    LOL, in Ontario, you go home, sign on and fill out the birth certificate online. @MissKittyDanger, opt for the long form birth certificate, you cannot do anything with the short form. You also can get your kid's SIN card and Health Card at the same time. It's great. 
    Did that change recently? Friend of mine's son {I believe he'll be 7 this year} didn't get that option, she had to fill it out in hospital
    Did that change recently? Friend of mine's son {I believe he'll be 7 this year} didn't get that option, she had to fill it out in hospital
    My son is almost 5, I didn't fill out any paperwork in the hospital except on my way out to get his temporary health card. We were told that you do everything else online. I just checked, they still have the 4 in one bundle. 

Maybe it depends on the hospital. Mine didn't disturb mom unless absolutely necessary, and only as we were ready to leave. 
  • Did that change recently? Friend of mine's son {I believe he'll be 7 this year} didn't get that option, she had to fill it out in hospital
    My son is almost 5, I didn't fill out any paperwork in the hospital except on my way out to get his temporary health card. We were told that you do everything else online. I just checked, they still have the 4 in one bundle. 

Maybe it depends on the hospital. Mine didn't disturb mom unless absolutely necessary, and only as we were ready to leave. 
    Hmm I'll have to look into that with my hospital! I've heard mixed reviews about the one I'm going to - more good than bad in the maternity section
  • Did that change recently? Friend of mine's son {I believe he'll be 7 this year} didn't get that option, she had to fill it out in hospital

Hmm I'll have to look into that with my hospital! I've heard mixed reviews about the one I'm going to - more good than bad in the maternity section
    PM me, if we are in the same city that I think. I gave birth at the High Risk hospital, and I had a great experience. 
  • @southernbelle0915 I knew we were going to disagree with names so we started a list early lol that's really only reason

@*Barbie* I'm all for names that aren't popular {also on girl list was Harper, Avery, Audrey, Aubrey} but I didn't want one of those names that it's like "wtf :|"

@6fsn yehhh 100% on the ball about the name ;) if there's another kid, that might change
    As a Jennifer myself, I'm all for "less used" names.  But, JFC (to the general public), give your child a name people have heard of...and stick to the most common spelling.  Don't make up words and throw it on a birth certificate.  That is sentencing a child to spending their life always spelling their name, correcting pronunciations, and people not remembering their name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

@*Barbie* I'm all for names that aren't popular {also on girl list was Harper, Avery, Audrey, Aubrey} but I didn't want one of those names that it's like "wtf :|"

As a Jennifer myself, I'm all for "less used" names.  But, JFC (to the general public), give your child a name people have heard of...and stick to the most common spelling.  Don't make up words and throw it on a birth certificate.  That is sentencing a child to spending their life always spelling their name, correcting pronunciations, and people not remembering their name.
    As a legally named Katie, I completely get it! I always had to get "Kate" because it was at least close to my name.
    I didn't want a kid with 8 others with same name {hence Jack/Jaclyn as middle name instead of first} and Michelle isn't a hugely popular name right now.

Preach.  The crazy spellings irk me.  Jackson and Addison are fine, but Jaxson and Addysyn are annoy me.

I’m all for unique names (I meet so many people, especially students at my school, born abroad) but trendy names get old very quickly in my book.

@southernbelle0915 ugh your comment about employees in the hospital room can I “love it” more than once?? At one point I counted SIX different people (SS cards, birth certificate, a nurse, an LC, I don’t even remember who else..) in my room at once!  It’s exhausting!  I felt like adjusting my mesh diaper, standing up and demanding everyone clear out  :s
  • edited January 2018
    We started a name list early and STILL couldn't decide. We even looked up a list of every single date or girlfriend on How I Met Your Mother (Quinn was on our list for a time, for example). We literally just couldn't agree, and I was kind of annoyed to be honest!
    But since we didn't have a name, it was also annoying when people kept asking the name. "No, we don't have one. And honestly we don't; it's not that we do and are keeping it secret. We don't." Near the end, we started telling people it would be Puffling Von Matterhorn. 

Being in the hospital gets old and annoying fast. I was always happy to see the nurses, but so many infant tests, so many forms, you're just constantly being disturbed for one thing or another. 

Edit to add- unique names. I'm so glad classic names are more in fashion these days. In our daycare, we have a Penelope, Marjorie, Josephine, Eleanor, and a Lucy. Two of my coworkers named their respective babies Evelyn last year. Those are names up my alley.

• We started a name list early and STILL couldn't decide. We even looked up a list of every single date or girlfriend on How I Met Your Mother (Quinn was on our list for a time, for example). We literally just couldn't agree, and I was kind of annoyed to be honest!
    But since we didn't have a name, it was also annoying when people kept asking the name. "No, we don't have one. And honestly we don't; it's not that we do and are keeping it secret. We don't." Near the end, we started telling people it would be Puffling Von Matterhorn

Being in the hospital gets old and annoying fast. I was always happy to see the nurses, but so many infant tests, so many forms, you're just constantly being disturbed for one thing or another. 

Edit to add- unique names. I'm so glad classic names are more in fashion these days. In our daycare, we have a Penelope, Marjorie, Josephine, Eleanor, and a Lucy. Two of my coworkers named their respective babies Evelyn last year. Those are names up my alley.
    Puff for short obv

@*Barbie* I'm all for names that aren't popular {also on girl list was Harper, Avery, Audrey, Aubrey} but I didn't want one of those names that it's like "wtf :| "

I'm not a fan of the trendy names - Harper would fall into that for me (Addison, Madison, McKayla or any of the Mc-whatever names, naming a kid after a city or a fruit or vegetable, etc.). I have a niece named Aubrey. I have one of the most popular names of the early 80s, so there were always 2-3 kids in my class with the same name. It was actually odd at work, because I was the only person with my first name in my 300 person global team, until this past year, when we got 2 more.)

Wolverine would have been Logan Michael or Logan James if she was a boy - girl front runners were Samantha and Alexandra, because both names were "normal" but not "trendy" and we liked the opportunity for a gender neutral nickname (Sam / Alex). We decided on Samantha Eve (she needed a short middle name to offset the longer first name) - basically right when she was born. (We never found out gender in advance.) She has been known as "Wolverine" because I didn't want some cutesy fetus nickname. 
  • @*Barbie* Harper is actually my granny's maiden name, which was why I had it on the list. Jacqueline was my uncle's twin sister that passed away - she was named after my grampa - John - and thought it'd be nice if we knew we were having Jaclyn as a middle name {M and I both have John/Jack in our family}

Irony, is that Michelle is going to be named after my dad {that name would have been on list regardless} but her first and middle name are legit female forms of my dad's name. My nana pointed that out a little while ago, which we didn't do on purpose lmao!

Kitten is because 1 - i like cats, 2 - kids under the age of 5 call me Kitty lol
  • @*Barbie* Harper is actually my granny's maiden name, which was why I had it on the list. Jacqueline was my uncle's twin sister that passed away - she was named after my grampa - John - and thought it'd be nice if we knew we were having Jaclyn as a middle name {M and I both have John/Jack in our family}

That's my name ;) I rarely see it spelled that way, usually it's Jaclyn. 

Is it pronounced the same as Jaclyn? Hers was going to be pronounced like "Jacleen"
    I see it spelt like Jacqueline more, probably because there's a lot of French in my city :)

Interesting, I have only seen Jaclyn spelled that way a couple times. Jacqueline is the spelling I'm most familiar with
  • kvruns said:
    @*Barbie* Harper is actually my granny's maiden name, which was why I had it on the list. Jacqueline was my uncle's twin sister that passed away - she was named after my grampa - John - and thought it'd be nice if we knew we were having Jaclyn as a middle name {M and I both have John/Jack in our family}

Interesting, I have only seen Jaclyn spelled that way a couple times. Jacqueline is the spelling I'm most familiar with

Me too!  I think of the Jacqueline spelling first.  Then the Jacklyn spelling next.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!!! I voted correctly. LOL.  That is so awesome!