Honeymoon Discussions

Spring break honeymoon?

Anyone been to Mexico or any of the spring break hot spots at the end of March? Is it horrible? Should we push the trip back? We've never left the states and don't want to waste a trip listening to children yelling all night lol
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Spring break honeymoon?

• mandi12 said:
    Anyone been to Mexico or any of the spring break hot spots at the end of March? Is it horrible? Should we push the trip back? We've never left the states and don't want to waste a trip listening to children yelling all night lol
    Are you talking about school spring breaks or colleges? It's probably going to depend on the resort that you choose. A family-oriented one during popular break times? There's probably going to be children. Although I don't know many parents who let their children yell all night long. 

College break and marketed towards college students? Yeah, it's probably going to be full of college students. There are likely to be late night parties, probably with music. But probably not children yelling. 

If you choose an adults only resort that is not marketed toward college students you'll probably avoid both children yelling and college student yelling. 
  • One thing to think about is cost.  If you postpone your honeymoon a few weeks, you could save big!  Costs go up during spring break season, and the resorts will be crowded.
    I am a cruise fan, and we avoid spring cruises because of this.  My daughter had a delayed honeymoon (Alaska), and she said it was nice to have a bit of time to recover from the wedding stress before going on their big trip.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I would also venture that if you went to a more romantic, higher-end resort that's marketed more towards couples you'll probably avoid the spring breakers. I don't know how much budget is a consideration for you but the college kids aren't booking Sandals, know what I mean?

• If you choose Mexico, I would not do Cancun or Riviera Maya - they're both common high school/college SB destinations. If you want to avoid spring breakers, I would choose an adults only resort, avoid any resorts offering "all inclusive" packages and read reviews.

But just to be sure you avoid the SB hype, if you want tropical and central America, I'd look at smaller resorts in Belize or Costa Rica.
    *********************************************************************************

• I happened to vacation in Mexico (Cancun) during college spring break. It was nuts and I would not want to experience that again. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2018
    The problem with Mexico is that they have a lower alcohol age, and the college students and high school kids roll in to get roaring drunk and party loud all night.  That is not my scene.  There are nice resorts on other Caribbean islands that might suit you better.  Talk to a good travel agent.  They cost you nothing.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg