Wedding Woes

Starting period day of wedding debate

2»

Re: Starting period day of wedding debate

• My bff was pregnant at her wedding, so for her this theory is 100% incorrect ;)
  • Unm, what? 

I would say it's *possible* for two reasons. One - that's when your period would naturally fall. Two - stress and travel can affect your cycle. Around your wedding, you are likely to have both.

I would also say it may seem more common because that's what people talk about because you are expected to be having tons of sex. Any other time, just skip a few days, whatever. But your wedding day, you're "supposed to" have tons of sex that night. 

Fwiw, I got my period right on schedule a week after my wedding. 
  • Even if you have zero plans of ever using it other than if you TTC, you might consider taking a Natural Family Planning class because it'll help you understand your cycles a bit better.  Also, it's complete BS that "All brides start their periods their wedding day"...  Mine was the next evening after, but it was scheduled to come the day before "according to the charts".  Stress does crazy things to the body, if it happens, it happens, just like planning every month of your menstruating life.   But to say it happens to EVERY bride is pure and total BS...   
  • My bff was pregnant at her wedding, so for her this theory is 100% incorrect ;)
    I was going to say...

I've been married twice. Wedding #1 I was like 4 months pregnant so definitely no period for me 

Wedding #2 I finished my monthly like 3-4 days before the wedding.
  • did your MOH fail middle school health? that's not how periods work. 
  • Sounds like your friend watched Sixteen Candles too many times.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Sounds like your friend watched Sixteen Candles too many times.

• Get an IUD and then you might not even get periods!!