Wedding Woes

Prudie Day!

Happy Thursday All! My headache has finally cleared, waking up early this morning was slightly less terrible than yesterday, and the sun is finally shining in Buffalo. I'm not even mad that Tim Horton's screwed up my coffee order for the second time this week. 

Also, it's almost Friday! I do have to work this weekend and H is out of town, but I'm planning for Indian food, a Harry Potter marathon, and snuggles with the baby. 

Re: Prudie Day!

• Hooray for relief from your headache!!

Today is my sort of Friday. Crazy busy and jam-packed with meetings, but tomorrow I'm WFH in the morning and then have the afternoon off for Babypants' 6-month appointment. I also have a call tomorrow morning with a recruiter. (Sssshhhh!!) lol

Today is my sort of Friday. Crazy busy and jam-packed with meetings, but tomorrow I'm WFH in the morning and then have the afternoon off for Babypants' 6-month appointment. I also have a call tomorrow morning with a recruiter. (Sssshhhh!!) lol
    That's exciting! Are you looking to leave or just checking out your options?
  • @charlotte989875 sounds like you woke up in a good mood ;)

M's sleep schedule is beyond fucked up and just getting worse. His problem is he stays up late, then is tired the next day so he takes a nap. Then bitches when I wake him up, but he's not able to fall asleep at night so he stays up.
    Rinse and repeat.

So last night we got in a snark-fest because he's tired and idgaf because it's his own damn fault.
    He wasn't in a better mood this morning, so hopefully he isn't crabby for groceries tonight ....

Had wonderful panic mode {not full on panic attack} on the bus. I'm not entirely claustrophobic, but I don't do the greatest in enclosed areas. It was apparently super crowded on the bus today, and I was on the edge seat.
    I wasn't full panic attack, but I could feel it coming so eventually I had to just get off the bus to feel like I could breath. Luckily another - less busy - bus was close behind.
    I'm glad I didn't have coffee this morning, because that would have been 100% worse.
    During this, I'm texting M to help distract myself but I kept making typos - so he asked if I was ok {I rarely make typos. I'm adamant on checking msgs before sending} so I explained what was up and it was probably just my muscles being stiff given situation. He's actually one to suggest I get off the bus.
    Now I just keep stretching my arms/back to help loosen up
  • @sparklepants41 *zips lip* hopefully it pans out, whatever you're hoping for ;)
  • I was up late again last night, talking on the phone with one of my closest friends.  She and I had some distance in the last year due to life circumstances on both our ends, but I'm glad we're talking again.  I missed her a lot. 

I just ate left over tacos for breakfast because I have zero fucks to give.  Also, tacos are delicious and I'm not a fan of cereal and eggs seemed too hard.  ;)

This coffee is not activating fast enough for me.  

I'm waiting for Prudie to post.  It used to be earlier, but it's been mid-morning to afternoon lately.  Furthermore, I hate the Slate site redesign. 

M's sleep schedule is beyond fucked up and just getting worse. His problem is he stays up late, then is tired the next day so he takes a nap. Then bitches when I wake him up, but he's not able to fall asleep at night so he stays up.
    Rinse and repeat.

So last night we got in a snark-fest because he's tired and idgaf because it's his own damn fault.

My H does this; not the napping, but staying up late then hitting the snooze and complaining he's tired. I'm all "okay so go to bed earlier" he says he can't because he's not tired then. Umm if you got up when you said you were you would be tired by the end of the day. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I was up late again last night, talking on the phone with one of my closest friends.  She and I had some distance in the last year due to life circumstances on both our ends, but I'm glad we're talking again.  I missed her a lot. 

I just ate left over tacos for breakfast because I have zero fucks to give.  Also, tacos are delicious and I'm not a fan of cereal and eggs seemed too hard.  ;)

This coffee is not activating fast enough for me.  

I'm waiting for Prudie to post.  It used to be earlier, but it's been mid-morning to afternoon lately.  Furthermore, I hate the Slate site redesign. 
    This sounds like a perfect morning. 

Rinse and repeat.

My H does this; not the napping, but staying up late then hitting the snooze and complaining he's tired. I'm all "okay so go to bed earlier" he says he can't because he's not tired then. Umm if you got up when you said you were you would be tired by the end of the day. 
    Typically M doesn't nap, but his late nights catch up with him sometimes.
    But omfg 100% M sounds like yours!

Like last night, I told him I was waking him up earlier because he needed to shower and we may have to brush off the car. So like 5mins before he gets up normally, I call up to ensure he's up.
    Proceeds to snark. I snark back, reminding I told him I was waking him up a bit early.
    Blah blah blah. Bad mood ensues. He's not normally in a bad mood, but I have zero patience when it's sleep related lmao
  • @mrsconn23 #leftovertacothursday

Rinse and repeat.

Like last night, I told him I was waking him up earlier because he needed to shower and we may have to brush off the car. So like 5mins before he gets up normally, I call up to ensure he's up.
    Proceeds to snark. I snark back, reminding I told him I was waking him up a bit early.
    Blah blah blah. Bad mood ensues. He's not normally in a bad mood, but I have zero patience when it's sleep related lmao
    I value sleep. I go to bed way earlier than he does (like hours earlier) because I have sleep problems and that's the only way I function. But he's an adult. If he doesn't get up, or if he's late, that's on him, not me. 

If it were me, I'd stop waking him up and let him do what he wants. If he's late/misses things/whatever that's on him. 
  • Side note: I have found prenatal classes that don't cost anything! We were previously find one that cost like $150 - which is doable, but would rather free since we have other shit to buy still

Rinse and repeat.

I value sleep. I go to bed way earlier than he does (like hours earlier) because I have sleep problems and that's the only way I function. But he's an adult. If he doesn't get up, or if he's late, that's on him, not me. 

If it were me, I'd stop waking him up and let him do what he wants. If he's late/misses things/whatever that's on him. 
    In theory, the 'stop waking him' works - HOWEVER he is my ride to the bus stop. It's possible to get there but it's a hassle in the morning.

Rinse and repeat.

In theory, the 'stop waking him' works - HOWEVER he is my ride to the bus stop. It's possible to get there but it's a hassle in the morning.
    Yeah that sucks. 
  • Mkd- I'd be more than snarky if my husband's dinking around made a hardship for me. 

Nothing ng much today. Pto, shitton of work, kid watching. I feel like I reinvented the excel wheel with some billing. I don't know why they were doing this ass backward way but I paired down a 4 hr job to 30 minutes. I pulled some serious vlookups and pivot tables out of my ass though. Now I have to do the write up but I don't wanna. My boss is starting to
    quiz me on products. I guess it's time to start studying up on them. Max going to kindergarten next year has us all thinking about the future. 
  • How exciting @ILoveBeachMusic!! I hope the babes cooperate.  :D 

Also, I'm seeing Beautiful on Saturday.  You're the second person who's raved about it.  I can't wait.  
  • @6fsn Urg I swear, some days it's like we're on different pages lmao
    Ack! Max is going to kindergarten so soon!

@ILoveBeachMusic Hopefully babies comply :)

• Today I'm doing house work and getting ready to go to DD's for the weekend. They closed on their house yesterday so we are going up to help paint the nursery and some other rooms. I can't wait to see her bump! She asked me to go to the US with them on Wednesday when they will find out genders. Afterwards, I will come home.

@ILoveBeachMusic - i am in my "migraine hangover state" - and it took me reading this at least 5 times and asking "why in the hell do they have to cross the border to find out gender?" before I realized that US = ultrasound and not 'Murica. 
  • *Barbie* said:

Today I'm doing house work and getting ready to go to DD's for the weekend. They closed on their house yesterday so we are going up to help paint the nursery and some other rooms. I can't wait to see her bump! She asked me to go to the US with them on Wednesday when they will find out genders. Afterwards, I will come home.

@ILoveBeachMusic - i am in my "migraine hangover state" - and it took me reading this at least 5 times and asking "why in the hell do they have to cross the border to find out gender?" before I realized that US = ultrasound and not 'Murica. 
    Not gonna lie, it took me a couple times of re-reading to realize it as well :')
    No migraine, but have been doing same all morning
  • @MissKittyDanger, don't be afraid to be blunt to your DH!

That said, there were times that the polar opposite schedule worked.   When DD was born, getting sleep was a nightmare.   DH would take the midnight to 3 AM shift while I slept and then I'd hang with her off and on.   By noon I'd poke him in tears telling him I needed a nap.   That was just at the newborn phase though.

If he pulled that now I'd be SO pissed.   I understand that I'm more of a morning person but we both have responsibilities that need to be done.   If his actions mean that he's not able to live up to his commitments then he needs to change his damn actions.
  • Work today. It took everything I had not to call off. I’m exhausted. SO was a giant stress ball last night so I came home and had to calm him down. And then I had a dream that my tonsils grew back and I had to get them removed again and that I went into kidney failure and I was trying to enter all the labs I needed in the computer since I didn’t trust the doctor I had. It was weird. 

Waiting for Prudie letters so I can take a break and read them. Basically I’m over today. 

• @charlotte989875 - remind me how old your peanut is? 

@sparklepants41 - what field are you in? Looking at new jobs is so exciting, but also nerve wrecking!

DH gets home from his overseas trip tomorrow, so yay! We have zero plans for the weekend. Like none. I'm kind of excited to just keep it that way and do whatever we feel like, when we feel like it. That kind of weekend is long overdue.
    *********************************************************************************

• @banana468 For the most part I am, but last night was 'last straw' style lmao
    Legit convo last night:
    Me: instant potatoes take not even 10mins and you can't do it?
    M: I don't know what you - 
    Me: Don't wanna hear it. You're up all hours of the night. Stfu and go to bed earlier.
    M: I'm not tired then
    Me: DON'T FUCKING FALL ASLEEP ON THE COUCH *storms away*
  • @banana468 Idk if it's the same, but apparently the GI flu going around here isn't covered in flu shot :(
    Here's hoping none of you get it!

@sparklepants41 - what field are you in? Looking at new jobs is so exciting, but also nerve wrecking!

DH gets home from his overseas trip tomorrow, so yay! We have zero plans for the weekend. Like none. I'm kind of excited to just keep it that way and do whatever we feel like, when we feel like it. That kind of weekend is long overdue.
    She's just over 10 months. My sister sent me a video of her this morning crawling after the dog. She's so mobile now! We only live about 10 minutes away, which is great because I can sneak over and snuggle the baby (and my sister can sit quietly somewhere) whenever I want. 

That's exciting! Are you looking to leave or just checking out your options?
    Yes. LOL

In the last year and a half the culture at my company has gotten worse - unrealistic expectations, grueling conditions, etc. So while I am not actively looking, I have been pretty heavily recruited in the last year. However, for most of the last year I was either pregnant or on maternity leave. I thought things would get better upon my return (ha!), but they haven't. So I am just responding to recruiters who reach out to me in case something really amazing falls in my lap. 
  • @banana468 Idk if it's the same, but apparently the GI flu going around here isn't covered in flu shot :(
    The GI flu isn't part of the flu shot here.   The daycare has both one confirmed case of flu and a GI bug.   Last year during this EXACT WEEK there was an awful bug going around.   Chiquito woke up at 2 AM on DH's birthday and we could hear it starting.  Then I got it a day later and then Chiquita two days later.   It sucked.    

This month DH had a cold for a week and as he got over his I started on that I've had for nearly 3 weeks.   

I'm tired of feeling like ass.

I am in the AEC industry. 
  • banana468 said:
    @banana468 Idk if it's the same, but apparently the GI flu going around here isn't covered in flu shot :(
    The GI flu isn't part of the flu shot here.   The daycare has both one confirmed case of flu and a GI bug.   Last year during this EXACT WEEK there was an awful bug going around.   Chiquito woke up at 2 AM on DH's birthday and we could hear it starting.  Then I got it a day later and then Chiquita two days later.   It sucked.    

This month DH had a cold for a week and as he got over his I started on that I've had for nearly 3 weeks.   

I'm tired of feeling like ass.
    Boo :( Rough time of year. M had 2 rounds of the cold going around. I had it also, but a lowered timeline {like a few days each time - idk why} but my coworker has gotten hit like you with the cold where it just grabs hold