Wedding Woes

Prudie Day!

2»

Re: Prudie Day!

• Hi stranger friends!

The last two days I have logged in, read up and not posted, so sorry for being that guy.  I'm WFH today, and supposed to be on a Knot webinar, but I can't get in, so I'll Knot here instead:)

Tonight is the hubs Campaign Kick Off so it looks like Uncle Sam threw up all over my car.  Am I the only person looking for red, white and blue balloons in February?  Yes.  Yes I am.

Also under odd news; Rosie and Kennedy are tolerating each other, and I'm not sure how to handle it.  I'm pretty sure it's a coup.

@banana468 fingers crossed you're safe from the bug; and ummm I want to come over for dinner, that sounds delicious!

@mrsconn23 I just ate three pieces of cold pizza and didn't even blink.  It was exactly what I needed.

@MissKittyDanger I'm your H so I have to take his side on this LOL.  Bad sleeping habits mixed with insomnia is brutal.

@charlotte989875 I'm glad your migraine is improving!

• @kimmiinthemitten He's more night owl crossed with ADHD {which I looked into, it can cause sleep issues if you're not on a schedule} but my issue is that he'll complain, then continue the issue lol!
    What do you do when you have issues sleeping?
  • @kimmiinthemitten He's more night owl crossed with ADHD {which I looked into, it can cause sleep issues if you're not on a schedule} but my issue is that he'll complain, then continue the issue lol!
    What do you do when you have issues sleeping?

I read boring news articles on my phone until I sleep.  I am also fortunate to have a varying hour job, so as long as I don't have set appointments and am finishing my work, I can come and go as I please.  However, I do seek out jobs with flexibility because of my sleep issues, so it's a bit of a round robin.
  • @kimmiinthemitten, this is what I'm planning:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/rack-of-lamb-recipe-1914142  

There may be potatoes or couscous and something green.   Carvel is making the cake.  
  • Sending good vibes for the kick-off @kimmiinthemitten

I called HR and they told me now I can’t switch to per diem until 3/11. I am pissed. Oh well, if I don’t call off tomorrow I’m calling off Monday and Tuesday. Maybe I’ll even call off all three days.  I just don’t have enough fight left in me to deal with work bullshit and school bullshit. I’m so burnt out. And where is Prudie!? 

• Hi stranger friends!

The last two days I have logged in, read up and not posted, so sorry for being that guy.  I'm WFH today, and supposed to be on a Knot webinar, but I can't get in, so I'll Knot here instead:)

Tonight is the hubs Campaign Kick Off so it looks like Uncle Sam threw up all over my car.  Am I the only person looking for red, white and blue balloons in February?  Yes.  Yes I am.

Also under odd news; Rosie and Kennedy are tolerating each other, and I'm not sure how to handle it.  I'm pretty sure it's a coup.

@banana468 fingers crossed you're safe from the bug; and ummm I want to come over for dinner, that sounds delicious!

@mrsconn23 I just ate three pieces of cold pizza and didn't even blink.  It was exactly what I needed.

@MissKittyDanger I'm your H so I have to take his side on this LOL.  Bad sleeping habits mixed with insomnia is brutal.

Yay for #MrMittenforMichigan finally kicking off! Has he gotten more staff on board yet? 

Don't trust the pet bonding. It's a trick. 
  • Hi stranger friends!

Hahahahaha, sometimes when I can't log in at all on TK or I'm logging in for the 100th time that day, I've thought, "I bet if I was a vendor/advertiser I'd have no problems."  Apparently not necessarily, lol.

Interesting to see other Knotties with H's that have messed up sleep schedules.  My guy's sleep schedule is a real doozy and we are going to have words about it this weekend.  He hasn't had a job in forever nor does he do much around the house (this will be a bigger part of said conversation), so he doesn't necessarily have a specific time he needs to get up or any of that.

He gets up bizarrely early in the morning.  Like around 3AM.  Then, he either naps from noon-5PM.  Or he goes to bed at 6 or 7PM.

I think he needs to be on a SCHEDULE, so he gets more s**t done.  Instead of this lackadaisical lying around and napping whenever he wants.  I am really resentful and have been way past tired of it for the longest time.  <<end rant>>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi stranger friends!

Hahahahaha, sometimes when I can't log in at all on TK or I'm logging in for the 100th time that day, I've thought, "I bet if I was a vendor/advertiser I'd have no problems."  Apparently not necessarily, lol.

Interesting to see other Knotties with H's that have messed up sleep schedules.  My guy's sleep schedule is a real doozy and we are going to have words about it this weekend.  He hasn't had a job in forever nor does he do much around the house (this will be a bigger part of said conversation), so he doesn't necessarily have a specific time he needs to get up or any of that.

He gets up bizarrely early in the morning.  Like around 3AM.  Then, he either naps from noon-5PM.  Or he goes to bed at 6 or 7PM.

I think he needs to be on a SCHEDULE, so he gets more s**t done.  Instead of this lackadaisical lying around and napping whenever he wants.  I am really resentful and have been way past tired of it for the longest time.  <<end rant>>

Yeah I’m impressed you’ve held it together this long. You aren’t working? Great. I look forward to coming home to a clean house and a hot meal every day, and thanks so much for doing the laundry and dry cleaning. 
    I'm impressed also! When M was off briefly, I knew he had a lot of calls during the day with recruiters, etc so many times he couldn't do much but I still had him ensure dinner was at least started by the time I got home, the living room was tidied up and if any pressing needs were done.

I don't like the way he hangs laundry, so we compromise often and he throws laundry in and brings it up when it's done. {when our dryer works, he'll likely only fold his own clothes - I'm not a fan of his folding of my clothes, I'm picky lmao}
  • Yeah I’m impressed you’ve held it together this long. You aren’t working? Great. I look forward to coming home to a clean house and a hot meal every day, and thanks so much for doing the laundry and dry cleaning. 
    I'm impressed also! When M was off briefly, I knew he had a lot of calls during the day with recruiters, etc so many times he couldn't do much but I still had him ensure dinner was at least started by the time I got home, the living room was tidied up and if any pressing needs were done.

I don't like the way he hangs laundry, so we compromise often and he throws laundry in and brings it up when it's done. {when our dryer works, he'll likely only fold his own clothes - I'm not a fan of his folding of my clothes, I'm picky lmao}

I don't mean to make it sound like he does nothing.  He's mostly taken over a p/t job I have (it's okay to outsource it).  That's a couple hours 4 days/week.  I know he currently does some job searching, though I suspect it is not nearly as much as he should be.  Though he's also had long periods of time where he was doing none of that.

He handles the maintenance and tenant management for our rentals.  But we only have 6 "doors", so it isn't that much time.  Some months it is zero hours for that, lol.

He does the majority of the laundry.  He does more cooking than I do, but there are a lot of nights where it's nothing or something quick, ie heating cans of chili.  However, he rarely does any cleaning.

We have a couple half finished house projects that have been hanging out for a few years.  We have other house projects that have been talked about, but not started.

I've nagged him and nagged him to get his driver's license, which would open him up to more job opportunities.  I've nagged him and nagged him to get his tour guide license, because those are nice flexible p/t jobs that pay decently and I think he'd really enjoy it.  But he's procrastinated on that also.  (Yes, you need a license to be a tour guide in NOLA, smh).

The bottom line, does he spend 40 hours/week on productive tasks like I spend 40 hours/week at my job to support us?  No, no he doesn't.  It isn't even close, most of the time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  Have you considered maybe writing out everything that needs to be done {not in a "you do"/"I do" kind of way} Categorize it daily/weekly/monthly and that way you can both see what needs to be done and figure out 'who does what'
    I did that recently and it's helped keep us both on track and create a habit :)
  • @short+sassy  Have you considered maybe writing out everything that needs to be done {not in a "you do"/"I do" kind of way} Categorize it daily/weekly/monthly and that way you can both see what needs to be done and figure out 'who does what'

We did that many years ago, though from a different standpoint.  In a way, it was the opposite.  He kept accusing me of not doing enough around the house.  I kept telling him that he was "conveniently" forgetting that I did all the grocery shopping because I was the only one with the car.

So we made a weekly task list and divvied up who would be responsible for what.  And then, when we did our assigned tasks, we'd put our name on it.

I actually had been thinking about doing something like that.  But more along the lines of how HE will be structuring his time on a daily basis.  With input from both of us, of course.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

We did that many years ago, though from a different standpoint.  In a way, it was the opposite.  He kept accusing me of not doing enough around the house.  I kept telling him that he was "conveniently" forgetting that I did all the grocery shopping because I was the only one with the car.

So we made a weekly task list and divvied up who would be responsible for what.  And then, when we did our assigned tasks, we'd put our name on it.

I actually had been thinking about doing something like that.  But more along the lines of how HE will be structuring his time on a daily basis.  With input from both of us, of course.

I did it recently, because I felt like I was doing a lot more than M - which when written down, it was pretty split - but also figured out schedules on stuff for us.

It's funny when they conveniently forget what you do ... 
  • Hi stranger friends!

Yeah I’m impressed you’ve held it together this long. You aren’t working? Great. I look forward to coming home to a clean house and a hot meal every day, and thanks so much for doing the laundry and dry cleaning. 
    This is the only way I have been able to transition into a housewife, because I would expect the exact same shit if roles were reversed. 

I wish I had those pep pills the 50s housewives had though, this shit is never ending.
  • Hi stranger friends!

This is the only way I have been able to transition into a housewife, because I would expect the exact same shit if roles were reversed. 

I wish I had those pep pills the 50s housewives had though, this shit is never ending.
    I'm pretty sure it was the same deal Kitty was taking in "that 70's show" ;)
    {starts with V and I can't think of it}
  • This is the only way I have been able to transition into a housewife, because I would expect the exact same shit if roles were reversed. 

I'm pretty sure it was the same deal Kitty was taking in "that 70's show" ;)
    {starts with V and I can't think of it}

I always think of amphetamines.  Heavily prescribed in the '50s and '60s.  Largely to factory workers and housewives.  I'm not sure when they were taken off the market.

Are you thinking of Valium maybe?  Though I think that does the opposite.  Mellows you out as opposed to amping you up.

For awhile, I was taking a drug prescribed by my doctor.  It was an appetite suppressant and also supposed to help with energy levels.  It was in the same drug class as amphetamines.

Whoa, Nellie!!!  My energy levels were insane.  Have you ever wished you had the energy level of a toddler?  Like, you can't even stand still.  That was how I felt, lol.  I can't even imagine what the "real" thing was like.  Unfortunately, I hit a tolerance level within a few months.  I even stayed off it for a month and went back on, but to no avail. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker