Ohio-Columbus

Help! M.I.A Florist!

I booked my florist, The Robins Nest, months ago. At the time, she had pretty good reviews. Since then, she has provided the worse customer service out of any vendor we've encountered throughout the wedding planning process. We've had several appointments which she hasn't shown up for. I'm afraid that I've given her too much credit in the past, and now we're already past the 60 days deadline to receive a refund ($200 deposit). I just looked online and recently she has had scores of horrible reviews. We're not able to spend a ton of money on flowers, but we have a fairly decent budget going towards flowers, $500 - $700. We live in the Columbus, Ohio area... if anyone has any ideas or is able to provide any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

ps - Our wedding is in 40 days.

Re: Help! M.I.A Florist!

• edited December 2011
    here are the florists that i have interviewed/will meet with that i have liked a lot
    kelly karsten
    flowers on high
    flowers on springtree lane

i've also heard good things about petals & leaves but have not met them.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! I will be looking into them!
  • csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Kelly Karsten. I got a lot for what I paid and everything turned out gorgeous!
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even though you are past the 60 days I would request the deposit back and reference the terrible service. If they resist, you can reference the poor reviews you've read and tell them you would be happy to add yours to it!

Sorry you're receiving such bad service. As PPs mention, I have seen many positive posts about Kelly Karsten and Flowers on Springtree Lane on this board. 

Good luck with the rest of your planning!
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry about your florist.  We are using Lora with Elegant Touch Events.  So far she has been great and her quote came in others that we had gotten.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Flowers by Jerry.  He lives in Sunbury and works out of his home so he is really affordable.  Let me know if you want his contact information!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 3buckeye3buckeye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers on Springtree Lane are great to work with and very reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, everyone!

We're also considering DIY flowers at this point... but I would be better off with a florist.

@ JNkreager - would you mind giving me the contact information for Flowes by Jerry? I work in Delaware so I would probably be able to meet with him easily.

Thanks again!
  • spainstaceyspainstacey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tired calling this place in my endless hunt for a florist.... never called me back :(

Although this is better than the one that just stood me up for an appointment I made iwth him and never even called the next day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I lucked out because my MIL was our florist but she works at Blooms Direct in Columbus. She is really good at designing and very very practical. She is always coming up with more price-efficient ways to design and is seriously talented with the aesthetic designing. I spent all night getting compliments on all of our flowers. Her name is Kelly if you are interested.

image 445 Invited so far!
    image 50 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 366 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JacquelineVPJacquelineVP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Flowers on High, and I highly recommend them! Jill has been as excited about my flowers as I have, and it's reassuring because it says to me that she's going to put as much care and consideration into my wedding flowers as she would if it were her own. She also tracked down gloriosa lilies for me (my must-have flower), and because they're quite pricey (even though we're only using 5-10 stems) she discounted my bouquet by 25%. 

If you are considering DIY flowers, I'd recommend The Flowerman. They have several options for the level of involvement you'd like to have in the process, from having them do everything, like a traditional florist, to essentially using them as a supplier and putting everything together yourself, and everything in-between! I discovered them at their booth at a Bridal Expo, and they were very friendly. I've also seen positive reviews of them here on the Knot.
    Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you again everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards