Wedding Woes

Entertain me Friday

Snow day!

Which means wfh for me, since we always have the ability to.  I actually left my car in the works parking garage since we were expected about a foot of snow, but I don't think it's going to get there. H will drop me off for it later tonight, I'm hoping.

I just finished up an ep of four weddings.  8 more to go! lol

Re: Entertain me Friday

• I just heard on the news all the snow that Chicago and the surrounding areas are bracing for; hope you have good drinks @CharmedPam

Working from my university office all day, which is a really nice change of pace. It's so much quieter here and far fewer interruptions. I also have better snacks in my drawer and my computer is way better here. Happy Charlotte. 

Bad news: I hurt my back (I think) I don't know whats going on, yesterday I felt really still and by the end of the day turning and moving hurt SO. FREAKING. BAD. I foamed rolled, slathered on some icy hot (so I smell great), stretched, and managed to go for 6 of my 8 miles I was supposed to run before I gave up. I've had issues with my back so this is new, and very uncomfortable, territory for me. 
  • @CharmedPam Damn that's a lot of snow!

Not a whole lot last night. We're nearly finished "Big Mouth" lol That show is just so weird!

Tonight we may stop at Winners {TJ Maxx chain} We have a filing cabinet, but it absolutely sucks. I've been trying to find hanging files for it to organize what we have, but nothing fits!
    I'm just going to find a simple drawer set for organization, then I can toss in some cards we have as well.

This weekend idk entire what's happening. I may try to convince M to go for breakfast one day, because I've been really wanting crepes lol!
    I think Sunday - depending on weather - we're seeing his grandparents. We were suppose to go last weekend, but the snow was just so much. They live just out of the city, and they were to get worse weather than us.

I know some cleaning up in the house needs to be done - mostly basement - so hopefully we can get that done.
    Next weekend we're painting baby's room :)
  • @charlotte989875 Would a bath help? Relax the muscles around the area at least :\ that sounds painful!
  • @charlotte989875 Would a bath help? Relax the muscles around the area at least :\ that sounds painful!
    We have a crappy tiny tub that the dog barely fits in. I think I'd be more unhappy after. I did take a long shower this morning and it helped a bit. 

I miss my clawfoot tub.
  • @CharmedPam when I heard the snow prediction I was so glad I drove back Wednesday and not today! I hate driving in that kind of mess. 

I'm volunteering at our Y's Father/daughter event tonight! It is Disney Princess themed and I will be dressed as a Fairy Godmother LOL! I'm looking forward to seeing all the little girls dressed up. We had the mother/son event the weekend I was in Florida so I wasn't able to volunteer for that one. These are always a big hit with the kids. 

I'm attending a friend's mother's memorial service tomorrow. It is about 2 hours away. I hope the bad weather stays away - it should. The rest of the weekend is catching up on the house chores that have been ignored for the past two weeks with all the travel I've been doing. At least I've caught up on laundry as of this morning.
  • Also, we are finally meeting with a real estate agent tomorrow! I'm going to need to be reminded that this time around we can take our time, we can wait for the right house and we don't have to take something just because it is good enough. This is going to be so hard for me to do. 
  • We're supposed to get another 25 cm of snow (10") after the 15 cm (6") that was dumped earlier this week. No snow days for us. 
  • We're supposed to get another 25 cm of snow (10") after the 15 cm (6") that was dumped earlier this week. No snow days for us. 
    Sounds like Buffalo. We're under a Winter Storm Warning, and everyone is at work and school. 
    We have a crappy tiny tub that the dog barely fits in. I think I'd be more unhappy after. I did take a long shower this morning and it helped a bit. 

I miss my clawfoot tub.
    I miss your clawfoot tub as well :(
    Booo crappy tubs *side eye*
  • @short+sassy  My mum's bucket list has MG on it :)
    Dumb question, but to get beads do you still have to flash the ta-tas? Or is that legit just a myth {or a 'use to be' thing} ?
  • yeah we shut down everything today.  Garbage trucks, schools, my favorite fro yo place (not that I can go)....I am SO glad I left my car in a covered garage because holy hell, H came home and spun out and got stuck on the lawn, not driveway.  I can't help him because I'm still in recovery but a nice neighbor came by so we're going to give her a $10 startbucks gc for her efforts.

@short+sassy, love love love those pictures!  I love the idea of MG, but I think with my lack of crowd love, I don't think I'd fair well there.  We went a few weeks after MG and saw all the beads on the trees still.  crazy.  Such a fun and colorful city! 

• How long is your recovery expected to take @CharmedPam and how are you feeling?
  • I'm sleepy today.  I had kind of a weird night.  Other than that, SSDD at work.  Kind of a light weekend, just one Pride meeting, K has a roller derby social thing, and I think that's it.  I'm ready to just relax.  
  • @short+sassy  My mum's bucket list has MG on it :)
    Dumb question, but to get beads do you still have to flash the ta-tas? Or is that legit just a myth {or a 'use to be' thing} ?

She should totally come!  It's really something to see.  She can get tons of beads without showing her ta-tas. 

The flashing for beads is really only done in the FQ and it's actually done all year long, lol.  However, flashing for beads is usually not done on the parade routes.  You might see it occasionally during the night-time parades, but that's about it.

And even in the FQ (with an exception I had on Halloween night years ago), if someone wants you to flash for beads and you don't want to, you can just hold up your hand to signal "no" and it's NBD.  They'll give you the beads anyway or move on to someone else.  It's also mostly done from people calling down from the balconies, so they aren't even near you.

I will dispel some misunderstandings about MG.  Like media does to make the best "stories", they like to portray and show footage that MG is this crazy, drunken, and wild party.  And, if you hang out just in the French Quarter and on Bourbon St., it is.

But the parade routes with floats haven't been in the FQ for decades.  The floats and crowds are way too big for that.

Along the parade routes, it is very family friendly.  You'll see moms, dads, grandparents, tons of kids.  Everyone hanging out, often BBQing, and having a good time.  Especially around the beginning of the parade route.  The end of the route is the closest to the FQ and it gets crazier and more crowded.  But you'll still see a lot of kids.  Little kids LOVE it!  They usually get the best beads and float riders will also give them stuffed animals and other toys.

@CharmedPam, depending on how anti-crowd you are, the FQ during the day (not MG day) would probably be fine for you.  There are also a lot of areas around the parade route where there is plenty of room to stand back and watch, without being crowded at all.  You know my H and I would be personal tour guides for you all and keep you out of the crowds, if you're ever tempted!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy have fun this weekend!  I prefer King Baby #2 over #1 in your pics though.

@charlotte989875 Hey, have fun with the realtor.  You should really take your time this time around, check things out, make sure you love the house, ya know.

The last 24 hours here have been poopy.  I'm snowed in and working at my BFF's house.  We found out yesterday her ex BF is in the ICU and on life support due to cirrhosis and sarcoma:(.  We last saw him in October and knew about the liver problems, but not that it was end stage.  Seems like he didn't want her to know it was so bad.  We were going to go visit him today so she could say goodbye, but the roads are bad.  We work a wedding tomorrow, so I think I'm going to take her Sunday unless she changes her mind or we hear sooner is better.  Ugh, it just sucks so bad.

• Nothing much here. Lots of work to catch up on. COSI on wheels event at school yesterday wen PERFECTLY and we had a great time. 

The He clearance section of our supermarket had some massive soccer clearance. I got goalie gloves for $4. They are the fancy ones that normally retail for over $50!  I also got $3 shin guards and $2 socks. Socks are usually close to $10. 
  • @short+sassy have fun this weekend!  I prefer King Baby #2 over #1 in your pics though.

@charlotte989875 Hey, have fun with the realtor.  You should really take your time this time around, check things out, make sure you love the house, ya know.

The last 24 hours here have been poopy.  I'm snowed in and working at my BFF's house.  We found out yesterday her ex BF is in the ICU and on life support due to cirrhosis and sarcoma:(.  We last saw him in October and knew about the liver problems, but not that it was end stage.  Seems like he didn't want her to know it was so bad.  We were going to go visit him today so she could say goodbye, but the roads are bad.  We work a wedding tomorrow, so I think I'm going to take her Sunday unless she changes her mind or we hear sooner is better.  Ugh, it just sucks so bad.

So sorry for your friend. That really sucks. I hope you can take her out there and she can say goodbye. She's lucky to have you. 

[There's no good transition here]

How was the gala? Did you find something to wear? 

Between H and I, I know I'm going to be the one to like a lot of houses and just be cool with one that is good enough. But I know we should really take our time and find what we really want. I loved our house in Toledo so I worry we're not going to find anything I loved that much. I also hate apartment living and want to get the hell out. 
  • @charlotte989875 Thanks!  She'd do the same for me.

Gala went well, I wore a cute black dress that was sheer and had velvet polka dots with cute floral Sam Elderman shoes.  I also wore a one piece shapewear for the first time.  Let's just say, thankfully I didn't have to pee when I was there or I don't know how I'd get it back on.

I hate apartment living too and worry that we bought too soon because we worried we would lose a great house.  Husband still loves our house, I'm meh on it.
  • I hope your back feels better @charlotte989875! And good luck with the realtor.

Sending warm safe vibes to all of the knotties getting snow!

Physical therapy today, gym, and cleaning the house. I locked the keys in the house this morning and when I called SO about the spare, he told me it was under the house, partially buried. I never found it. I was pissed. He’s so overly paranoid about someone finding the key. I shouldn’t have to do a fucking excavation to find it. I was late to my appointment, dirty, and I never ended up finding it. I don’t know why he won’t open up to alternatives for the spare key. What if I was in my suit? Or a dress? It’s such an unrealistic spot for a key.  So we’re having words about that tonight.

Tomorrow night I’m going out with some friends. It should be a lot of fun. The rest of the weekend will be spent organizing stuff. I still can’t do a lot because the bar in one of our closets broke and we haven’t had time to fix it yet. Right after I organized it too. The bar needs to improve personal quality. It can’t even handle my clothes. 

• Guess who's finally having crepes after wanting it for over a week!!
    *points to self* This girl! This girl who is 4 months until due date!!

snoop dogg dancing GIF by Romy

• levioosa said:
    I hope your back feels better @charlotte989875! And good luck with the realtor.

Sending warm safe vibes to all of the knotties getting snow!

Physical therapy today, gym, and cleaning the house. I locked the keys in the house this morning and when I called SO about the spare, he told me it was under the house, partially buried. I never found it. I was pissed. He’s so overly paranoid about someone finding the key. I shouldn’t have to do a fucking excavation to find it. I was late to my appointment, dirty, and I never ended up finding it. I don’t know why he won’t open up to alternatives for the spare key. What if I was in my suit? Or a dress? It’s such an unrealistic spot for a key.  So we’re having words about that tonight.

Tomorrow night I’m going out with some friends. It should be a lot of fun. The rest of the weekend will be spent organizing stuff. I still can’t do a lot because the bar in one of our closets broke and we haven’t had time to fix it yet. Right after I organized it too. The bar needs to improve personal quality. It can’t even handle my clothes. 
    What about in one of those magnetic boxes you can put on the underside of your car, or anything else metal? People won't really know what they're looking at, and it would at least be with you? That would annoy the crap out of me if I knew there was a key somewhere and I couldn't find it. 
  • @charlotte989875 Thanks!  She'd do the same for me.

Gala went well, I wore a cute black dress that was sheer and had velvet polka dots with cute floral Sam Elderman shoes.  I also wore a one piece shapewear for the first time.  Let's just say, thankfully I didn't have to pee when I was there or I don't know how I'd get it back on.

I hate apartment living too and worry that we bought too soon because we worried we would lose a great house.  Husband still loves our house, I'm meh on it.
    Yeah that's what we're trying to avoid. I think H feels this way about our house in Toledo (and he's probably partially right). And I'm totally the one to want to move too fast. 
  • This week has been kinda rough, so I'm taking a mental health day. 
    I need a change at work - I like the concept of my job, but not the type of projects that I'm managing. I'm also not thrilled with the inconsistent leadership support and feedback. I told my boss that i'm really burned out on 2 components of my job and that i'm open to change - either a new role in our department or a complete project swap.  One of the programs that I'm managing set me 65 emails yesterday, on a multitude of issues - all of which I'll be expected to fix, but will get absolutely no credit for fixing. 
  • @charlotte989875 SO thinks those types of keys are “too common” and “easily recognizable.” *eye roll*

We don’t live in the best area, but honestly, if someone wants to break in to steal stuff they’re going to do a smash and grab. They’re not going to hunt around for a key. Especially because we have an alarm system. It will be a two minute in and out with whatever they can grab. I mean, sure, let’s not just throw a key under the welcome mat, but fucking burying it under the house? I cannot. This is one of those things that I let go because it makes SO’s anxiety a little better. But it was way too much of an inconvenience this morning. 

• @kimmiinthemitten
    That dress sounds amazing. Any chance you have a link?
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2018
    Also, we are finally meeting with a real estate agent tomorrow! I'm going to need to be reminded that this time around we can take our time, we can wait for the right house and we don't have to take something just because it is good enough. This is going to be so hard for me to do. 
    We have purchased three houses over our marriage.  The first and the last were the best ones.  I let DH have his way with the middle one, and the builder changed the plans and the county changed the zoning for more high density housing.  After this, I was determined to only buy a house in a neighborhood that was already built out.  Love the house I'm in!  I truly believe that God has a special home for everybody, if they can just find it.

Deal breakers for me:  neighborhood crime, traffic, schools, noise, lots of steps.

Goodies for me:  no steps, big kitchen with lots of storage space, high ceilings, open space, front porch, back patio with hot tub.  A walk in shower would have been nice, but I can do without it.

Goodies for him:  big garages (3), enormous driveway, and a view to die for.

Take your time and find that special house!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @kimmiinthemitten
    I got it at the Ann Taylor Factory Store so I can't find a link but here's a pic (for a little bit):

So cute! You look great. I'd love to see a close up of those shoes. Yes I inherited my mother's shoe obsession.
  • @kimmiinthemitten
    I got it at the Ann Taylor Factory Store so I can't find a link but here's a pic (for a little bit):

You look stunning!