Wedding Woes

Saturday

Depressing times in Houston, at least weather-wise. No sunshine for days to come, just rain, rain, rain.

Still waiting to hear back from employers who told me that they would "get back to me" by the end of the week. They didn't, so I guess ghosting is their way of saying "No, we are not going to hire you" without having to say it. And I have barely any cash, so I'm in austerity mode.

Blech.

Re: Saturday

• That sucks @Jen4948 and is a really bad reflection on the employer. 

My saturday also sucks. I spent the morning at urgent care and apparently have acute muscle spasticity. So a lot of ice & muscle relaxers for me. 

• Thanks and I hope you feel better soon, @charlotte989875. Sore muscles really suck too.
  • I'm hoping you hear something Jen.  

Feel better Charlotte.  Spastic muscles are such a pain!

We're busy watching the Olympics.  Went for a workout this morning, which almost killed me (not normal for me) and then took the Beast to the dog park.  We're trying Skip the Dishes for the first time.  I really wanted to go out for dinner, which we don't do a lot anymore now that we have the dog, but now there's 3 Canadians in the snowboard finals, and I obviously can't miss that, so we're staying in

• @Jen4948, what a bummer. Hope something turns up soon! Hope you get some relief quickly @charlotte989875. Muscle pain is nothing to laugh at!

I went to a friend's Mom's memorial service this afternoon. It was so nice. I really wish I had known her. The wonderful things her stepchildren said about her had me in tears. Stepchildren saying such moving things is not the norm! H and I went out for sushi tonight since he just returned from an 8 hour drive home. I think I'm about ready to turn in!
  • Damn Jen. That sucks so hard. Hoping you hear something soon.

my MIL will be here today! She is only a few hours away now! 
  • @WinstonsGirl we use Skip all the time. It is great. 

Im in the minority, but I really don’t enjoy watching the Olympics. 
  • ernursej said:
    @WinstonsGirl we use Skip all the time. It is great. 

It worked pretty well.  And it's nice to have some choices other than Panago or Chinese

• ernursej said:
    @WinstonsGirl we use Skip all the time. It is great. 

I'm right there with you.  And am being petulant that some of my tv shows are being interrupted by it for two weeks, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker