Wedding Woes

Tuesday?

I mean I hate Tuesdays, b/c they're the worst, but I thought y'all would have a post going already.

I started laughing at myself last night, b/c I'm have a midlife crisis in a totally "responsible woman" type way.

Divorce -- check.
Loft Living Downtown -- Check (but with good security and a parking garage)
New Car -- Check (but a sensible Subaru)
New Partner Half My Age -- Check (studying to be RN and not using me for money)
Getting a Tattoo -- check (for my bday)
Getting a New "Edgy" Haircut -- Check (Saturday and still professional looking)

Oh well.  I had a lot of year that I didn't live very well, so I'll make up for them now.

Re: Tuesday?

• Those sound like awesome things to be thankful for @VarunaTT! What are you getting tat wise (sorry if you posted it before)? I actually like Tuesday too!

Tonight H and I are going to go and try to find some paint colors for Saturday. I am super excited to get rid of the 80's palm trees in this bathroom of ours (mine)!  This afternoon I'm dropping off his tax forms so they can start on taxes.  That's about it....

• I'm actually leaving the house today! I have to go in to the office for a grad student's practice job talk so I actually have to leave for a little while. I'm still on the fence about cancelling class; I canceled everything yesterday and probably could teach today, but the drugs still make me sleepy and I don't want to have to be there until 8pm. 

• @VarunaTT I'm also curious on tatt :) And damn girl ;) you got a good list there!

@CharmedPam We're painting this weekend also :) what are you looking at doing? We're doing light grey {baby's room and ours}

So I got some dvds down this morning because we'll be moving shelving soon to paint.
    We ended up marathoning "Hoarders" last night and it just made me want to clean, where as M thinks "enh. Our place is fine" {2 type of people lol}
    But we both agree that basement needs to be tackled asap.

I think I have to accept that I cannot wear normal pants anymore. I have 5 months pregnant and I may die from wearing my normal pants now. I put in an Old Navy order for pants and a couple tops that were on sale {great for layering!}

Tonight I'm getting M to bring up the vacuum so I can clear out some dust bunnies lol Also we're starting the registry for my shower in April, but I wanna swing by Toys R Us because they have an attachment that I may need. We have a carseat and stroller, but not same brand so I think this attachment works for that. I wanna know before putting it on registry.
  • @charlotte989875 yay for leaving the house!
  • Love the tat plans @VarunaTT! I'm reading for a new one. 
  • Love the tat plans @VarunaTT! I'm reading for a new one. 
    This will be my first.  K has....a lot.  They actually just got their NC tattoo for Christmas.  I think I'm up to 3 personal friends with the NC tattoos, so we'll make 4 strong non-complaint peeps!
  • Varuna - That tat sounds awesome!  Can't wait to see the final product!

Pam & MKD - Yay for painting!  I've purchased paint over a year ago for a few rooms and we still have some of it sitting in cans!  Womp womp.

I'm doing good today.  Day is going by pretty quick.  Yesterday I went to the party store at lunch and ordered balloons.  Probably too many!  Hope H doesn't see how much! LOL!

Have no clue what is going on today.  I've got a bunch of work, so I should probably jump off TK and get to it!

• @CharmedPam We're painting this weekend also :) what are you looking at doing? We're doing light grey {baby's room and ours}

I love your idea, @VarunaTT.  It's going to look awesome. 

@Misskittydanger, a light grey/blue hinge too! for our accent walls.  But the bathroom/laundry room needs updating like whoa.  It's not really a yellow but a gold. The sink is actually  nice but I hate the toilet and tub.  Right now he's stripping down the wallpaper and I'm hoping to paint it a nice cream to go with the gold? I can't afford to change out the tub for awhile so I have to learn to live with it. May as well keep the gold toilet too since it matches the sink/tub.  Cream would be the best bet, right?

• Love the Tat! Of course it sort of confirms my mid-life crisis as a Stepford wife (good thing I'm fat!)

Not much here.  Work, kids, volunteer, workout.  This is one blessed evening we have nothing going on. 

This is the first year of pads for lacrosse.  I about had a heart attack at the price.  Maybe we'll ear mark grandma's money for that year's sports.

• @CharmedPam We must have had similar people living in our homes previously, our entire house is a yellow colour lol! At least no metallic palm trees ;) We have dark wood flooring, so I think it'll look nice {plus GORGEOUS stark white trim!}

@OliveOilsMom Lol what colour? :)
  • @CharmedPam - If nothing else happens to that bathroom, I would get rid of those bathtub doors. Who wants to watch themselves on the toilet?! Then you could get a shower curtain to hide the tub/walls.

Our house had a "harvest gold" tub in one of the guest bathrooms when we moved in. It was cast iron, so we were able to reglaze it instead of replacing it. Is that an option?
    *********************************************************************************

• I think I'm finally shaking off this cold.  I'm dying to work out, but don't want to make myself feel worse.  I feel like I've been in a fog for the last month between the flu, this cold, and some personal stuff.

DH doesn't have to go OOT at the end of the month.  Woohoo! I was dreading it.  

Other than that, SSDD. 

@VarunaTT, I love your list and that tat is awesome.  <3

I'm getting a new one soon.  I need to make an appt with the artist I want.  
  • MKD - I have a green and blue for some bedrooms - I've had them so long, I don't really know more than that!  I also have an lighter than navy color to do in the family room, just for the TV wall.

Pam - We had similar set ups in our bathrooms.  It was a baby blue sink, toilet, floor and stall tiled shower in the mast bath.  And yellow tub/walls, toilet, double sink, and flooring in the main bath.  We were hoping to keep both bathrooms as is for a few years first.  When both showers started leaking, that was a no go!  We did replace both toilets right away since the colored toilets are much less efficient than today's toilets.  We saw a big drop in our water bill from the first month to the second and the only difference was the toilets.  Thankfully the main bathtub didn't start leaking until the master shower was replaced!  It was like clockwork!

• @CharmedPam - If nothing else happens to that bathroom, I would get rid of those bathtub doors. Who wants to watch themselves on the toilet?! Then you could get a shower curtain to hide the tub/walls.

Our house had a "harvest gold" tub in one of the guest bathrooms when we moved in. It was cast iron, so we were able to reglaze it instead of replacing it. Is that an option?
    fantastic idea. I'll look into it!

• I'm a wonderful wife. Lol

M's bday is July 14th and one of his fave bands - Foo Fighters - are coming to our city for the outdoor music fest on July 10th.
    I have just asked MIL to get him tix for his bday :)

{I would have got them but I've got something else great for him planned out :) }
  • I'm a wonderful wife. Lol

M's bday is July 14th and one of his fave bands - Foo Fighters - are coming to our city for the outdoor music fest on July 10th.
    I have just asked MIL to get him tix for his bday :)

{I would have got them but I've got something else great for him planned out :) }
    Nice!!  I've got Foo Fighters tickets for DH's birthday too.  

fantastic idea. I'll look into it!

<<Hiss>> to that palm tree wallpaper, lol.

I looked into reglazing a tub a long time ago, but never did.  My takeaway was it is not something that should be DIY'ed.  And it is extra important to use a company with experience.  I think reglazing a tub can only be done once and a bad job won't last very long.

The tub in my own house was reglazed, at some point in time, by the previous owner.  There are a few minor chips where the glaze has come off but, considering that glaze was put on at least 7 years ago, it's seems to be holding up well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker