Wedding Party

Where to Get Bridesmaid Gifts in Bulk

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to find some sites to order bridesmaid gifts... Looking for little things like little makeup bags or small pieces of jewelry or cosmetic things... Just little filler things to go with their thank you baskets. I do have 7 bridesmaids though, so I'd like to find a site that is cost-effective for smaller gift items like this... I looked at Oriental Trading but didn't really see much. Most Etsy shops are a bit higher in price than I was wanting to spend. Any suggestions for sites and/or gift ideas for their baskets would be helpful!

Thanks!

Re: Where to Get Bridesmaid Gifts in Bulk

• Bridesmaids gifts in bulk?  What?  Did you choose your bridesmaids by the bushel?   When you give a gift to someone, you select the gift for that individual person.  This sounds like a kiddie costume party.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • This works, only if they're all into the same thing.

Otherwise, you won't get a lot of positive responses from here on suggestions
  • What else are you putting in their thank you baskets? It's best to pick out thank you gifts as though you are shopping for their birthday or a holiday, and consider their individual tastes and interests. My 3 BMs got very different gifts, but they all were excited about theirs. 

I know Pinterest and Instagram make it seem like the matching gifts/robes/whatever are a good idea, and they do make cute pictures. But flip the script and think about what you would appreciate if you were the recipient. There are some people who would totally love a travel mug with their name and "bridesmaid" on it, a matching jewelry bag and matching nail polish or whatever, but most people probably wouldn't. Your friends would probably appreciate it more if you chose items specifically for them.

I did have one friend who did the whole matching everything in her wedding BUT I feel like it was an exception because she was in a sorority, her wedding colors were her sorority colors (and her husband's frat colors), and all of her BMs were in the same sorority. Everything she and her friends already had was those colors and matched, so that type of BM gift was right up their alley. 
  • Add up how much you want to spend on these "filler" items per person... Then go to the store with that budget and purchase something unique to each of the 7 BM's that they actually WANT as-if you're shopping for their Birthday.  If that's $5, $10, or $20, you intuitively know for each BM what to get, go with that.  

If you still want a same item - Ebay or Amazon...  Though until recently we had the same as @flantastic happening in our family, all of us got the same thing to the point that my nephew was the one who finally broke the news to MIL "PLEASE!  I have enough __(exact same every year music box)___ that I'm never going to be able to use!"...  and the "everyone gets the same" stopped because the whole family was literally mortified with "YES!  What he said!" looks on their faces...  
  • Honestly, I would rather get nothing than a basket with junk from Oriental Trading or bulk stuff ordered from Etsy. I mean, at least do functional stuff (like safety pins and chapstick) if you aren't going to get your best friends a thank you gift for standing up for you on the most important day of your life. Sheesh.
    *********************************************************************************

• Honestly, I would rather get nothing than a basket with junk from Oriental Trading or bulk stuff ordered from Etsy. I mean, at least do functional stuff (like safety pins and chapstick) if you aren't going to get your best friends a thank you gift for standing up for you on the most important day of your life. Sheesh.
    I have to agree with this.   My 7 yo is into the basket of crap and I can't wait until she forgets about those things and then I can throw them out when she's not looking.