Wedding Woes

Friday!

Well, no one had started a post yet, so I will.

Have another hair cut appointment tonight.  The new hair dresser didn't do a bad job at all...I  just happened to forget to tell him I wanted bangs.  Oops.  So, getting those tonight.

Tomorrow night, we threw together a "let's get together and celebrate the February babies!" for a bunch of my friends and myself.  Karoake bar with good friends and drinks.  It'll be fun and it's about all I have energy for.  Monday is tattoo, Tuesday is some meeting stuffs, but I have a 4 day weekend for my bday (on Monday), so whoot!

Anyone?

Image result for bueller gif

Re: Friday!

• I'm getting a haircut today too!  Haircut nights are DH gets the kids from daycare nights and they're Banana looks out at the river and enjoys the local scenery in a grown up place without kids for an hour time.   I love this every 6 weeks.

Work is frustrating me lately.   The job satisfaction is fine but I'm continually dealing with a client who plans poorly and a production facility whose idea of a rush is a 1 week lead time (It should be in half of that).  It makes for troubling conversations when I defend my position to the client and have to continue to go back to the team to say, "I swear you're sandbagging me.   Why the fuckery?"

I've earned my red wine tonight. 
  • Happy early b-day, @VarunaTT!

I'm going to be putting my rental ad up around mid-day for the unit in my personal home double.  We still have a bit of work to do, including some detailed cleaning, but it's finally presentable enough for showings.

On Sunday, my H and I are planning to go to a Chinese New Year festival.  Great Chinese food is fairly non-existent where we live, so we're hoping to come across the "rare unicorn" that we have been searching for all these years, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a particularly busy weekend as we prepare for the munchkin's birthday party next week. We have family drama going on so yay, fun. 

@banana468, I hear you on the "me time". 
  • I am WFH today and my boss is on vacation. I have SO much to do between my regular work and transitioning stuff to my team so things flow while I'm on maternity leave, but I don't feel like doing any of it. Blah. 

My girlfriend went into labor last night so I'm basically wringing my hands today waiting to hear that everyone is healthy and whether she had a boy or a girl. 

Let's see what else....SSDD!
    *********************************************************************************

• lol @varunaaTT, oops! do you have to pay twice for that? or is that a "resolve" issue?
    @short+sassy, here's hoping for a quick turn around for a new renter.  March 1st is coming up. People like to move on 1st's. 
    @Jen4948, woohoo! good luck on those.  Crossing all crossables.

I am getting my hair colored tonight too, after work.  And then picking up some shoes that I hope fit. Tomorrow I have to wait for a furniture delivery and hang some wall art in the new place.  Sunday is mani pedi before my business trip.  I bought some nice tops for it, but since I'm not a very busty person - it sags so much in the front it's so obvious that boobs should fill the space but don't.  So now I want to take them back....

• Way to go @Jen4948, GL!

I'm about to head to the DMV so wish me all the luck in the world. I'm also super behind at everything in my life and don't know where to get started to I spend hours thinking about how to do the things, instead of just starting somewhere and doing them. 
  •  Good luck today, Jen!

Ugh Starmoon that time before you're comfortable with stubby legs IS exhausting! Hope it's going well!

I've never dyed my hair and I'm seeing more greys every day. I'm scared.

Nothing going on today, water resto guy stopping by to check on the progress of the basement dry-out. Tomorrow I have a dentist appt. (my first in like 4 years :# ) and a wax. H has a tattoo appt. and I might stop by to see if he'd be able to cover mine up somehow with my dog's paw print. I looked into getting it removed but I'm scared at how painful it would be.

We're DEFINITELY doing taxes this weekend. In high school, my best friend's parents used "doing taxes" as their sex code phrase, and I still can't think about taxes without that. Hopefully we'll be doing both kinds of taxes!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @shessocold I've never dyed mine either and when I get it cut they are always surprised I have "virgin" hair. I too am seeing more and more gray but so far can just pluck them out
  • There are so many schools around here on lock down and shut down completely because of threats.  My heart is breaking and my mind is going in a million directions.  Our elementary resource officer is struggling right now too- the school shootings and the local officers.  PTO put together a little care package for him.  He's so awesome and we all hate that he's struggling. 

This weekend is pretty much the same bs- soccer tonight, basketball tomorrow, soccer and baseball Sunday.  Our kids got a bunch of cash for Christmas so we're taking them out one at a time to spend it.  DH took the boys so I'm excited my daughter picked me.  We're going out to lunch, ice skating, bookstore, and Toys r Us (ok toys r us isn't exciting, but oh well).

• I keep staring in the mirror, like...are you a grey hair or a blond hair?  I cannot tell.

Image result for lucille booth gif
  • My greys are coming in a different texture so I can't pretend they're blonde.
  • 6fsn said:
    My greys are coming in a different texture so I can't pretend they're blonde.
    Mine too, wiry and white against my really dark hair. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2018
    kvruns said:
    @shessocold I've never dyed mine either and when I get it cut they are always surprised I have "virgin" hair. I too am seeing more and more gray but so far can just pluck them out

The first time I got my hair dyed, I think I was 22.  Back then (and now) I have really long, waist length straight hair.

All the other hair dressers in the salon, at various times, came over to marvel at my hair, pick up a section and ask my stylist, "Oh wow!  Is she a virgin?"   LMAO.  I understood from the context they were talking about my hair, but it was hilarious for me to listen to.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    @shessocold I've never dyed mine either and when I get it cut they are always surprised I have "virgin" hair. I too am seeing more and more gray but so far can just pluck them out

The first time I got my hair dyed, I think I was 22.  Back then (and now) I have really long, waist length straight hair.

All the other hair dressers in the salon, at various times, came over to marvel at my hair, pick up a section and ask my stylist, "Oh wow!  Is she a virgin?"   LMAO.  I understood from the context they were talking about my hair, but it was hilarious for me to listen to.

yeah this sounds nearly exactly like me. My hair is about down to my waist and straight. Other stylists will talk about all of the wonderful things they'd like to do to my hair. All I can hear is "womp womp womp, lots of maintenance, womp, expensive products, womp womp, lots of time, womp womp".

I've been going to my stylist since I was like 8 and every year or so she'll tell me I'm starting to look like an old hippy lady and she needs to take 2-3 inches off. I get so upset but I trust her and agree.

My greys are all wiry too. My mom and grandma had white hair so I'm really hoping these are grey and I can be one of those super classy rich looking women with really awesome natural grey hair.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • yeah this sounds nearly exactly like me. My hair is about down to my waist and straight. Other stylists will talk about all of the wonderful things they'd like to do to my hair. All I can hear is "womp womp womp, lots of maintenance, womp, expensive products, womp womp, lots of time, womp womp".

I've been going to my stylist since I was like 8 and every year or so she'll tell me I'm starting to look like an old hippy lady and she needs to take 2-3 inches off. I get so upset but I trust her and agree.

My greys are all wiry too. My mom and grandma had white hair so I'm really hoping these are grey and I can be one of those super classy rich looking women with really awesome natural grey hair.

exactly me too. I don't have time for my hair. I just started to put effort into my skin care and make up.

Speaking of hair - I found out (after surgery) that hair loss is common with bariatric patients.  Someone said it wasn't permanent and it grows back, but a lot of people experience it.  I'm buying bariatric biotin right now, JIC.

I just came back from a meeting where my co-worker fell asleep at the conference table at.  Thank god. I thought I was the only one who did that.

• The DMV truly is the worst place in the world. 
  • banana468 said:

Work is frustrating me lately.   The job satisfaction is fine but I'm continually dealing with a client who plans poorly and a production facility whose idea of a rush is a 1 week lead time (It should be in half of that).  It makes for troubling conversations when I defend my position to the client and have to continue to go back to the team to say, "I swear you're sandbagging me.   Why the fuckery?"

I've earned my red wine tonight. 
    Ugh. I know your pain. This fits one of my internal clients to a T - and it's pissing me off. They're creating their own problems, not escalating to me in a timely manner (or at all) and then bitching to their bosses and my bosses that my team and I aren't doing enough to fix the problem. Also don't feel like i'm getting the support from my management. 

have a second glass. 
  • @*Barbie* I swear I'm a broken record to the production team.    I get it.   To make the finished piece it's not a simple process.

But it isn't a four day process either - especially when we work the weekend.   I feel like a broken record saying, "They're offering break-in fees and will pay for the air freight but they're getting fined from Wal-Mart if we can't improve this lead time."   We HAVE to have a way to work things like this in without sounding like we've reinvented the wheel.

And I also want to keep saying to the client - remember that time I sent you a spreadsheet and advised that you should print these quantities and you said you didn't want to because you thought the volume was covered in the forecast?   I didn't advise this just to increase your sales with my company.   I honestly think that you're being penny wise and pound foolish.   It's cheaper to throw away product than it is to air freight it.  

• Work today for me. If they offer crisis pay tomorrow I might have to take it. Other than that SSDD. We’re supposed to go to Robbin’s Bros tomorrow to look at the ring I liked, but if I have to work that will be off. I work Sunday too. 

• *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2018
    banana468 said:
    @*Barbie* I swear I'm a broken record to the production team.    I get it.   To make the finished piece it's not a simple process.

But it isn't a four day process either - especially when we work the weekend.   I feel like a broken record saying, "They're offering break-in fees and will pay for the air freight but they're getting fined from Wal-Mart if we can't improve this lead time."   We HAVE to have a way to work things like this in without sounding like we've reinvented the wheel.

And I also want to keep saying to the client - remember that time I sent you a spreadsheet and advised that you should print these quantities and you said you didn't want to because you thought the volume was covered in the forecast?   I didn't advise this just to increase your sales with my company.   I honestly think that you're being penny wise and pound foolish.   It's cheaper to throw away product than it is to air freight it.  

@banana468 in my case it's our internal engineering group that is providing poor quality specs, delaying approval drawings for months, and then freaking out because the suppliers can't meet the project deadline. (Well of course not! they don't know what we want, and can't order materials until we sign off on the drawings.) They are calling the suppliers and harassing them about working weekends and air freight and cutting off lead time, but not bringing in the purchasing group to help. I'm at the point where i'm trying to defend the suppliers, because honestly, you can only fabricate complex equipment so quickly - and they are doing everything they can to help. 
    ,,, and then on top of it all, the engineers are throwing the blame on purchasing for not making the suppliers meet their unrealistic expectations.
  • 6fsn said:
    My greys are coming in a different texture so I can't pretend they're blonde.
    Mine too, wiry and white against my really dark hair. 
    Never complain about your hair color.  God might take it away from you!

Never let your CAT near your wig bag!  Blond wig - YUM!  YUM!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Thanks everyone!