Chit Chat

Funniest/oddest/scariest wedding dreams

When I first started planning the wedding married friends asked "have the wedding dreams started yet?" I said no and I don't think they would since I rarely dream about reality. (I once saved a falling space ship though while my favorite hockey team played in in lol!) Now with only a few months to go I understand what she means!!!! 
What is the funniest/oddest wedding dream you have had? 

Mine was I was about to walk down the aisle but I had a pair of rolled up socks in my hand (with my bouquet) that I didn't know what to do with? I was whispering to everyone around me "but where do I put theses socks!" I didn't want to just put them on a back table at church because somehow that was disrespecting the church. I slipped them by our guestbook and hoped no one noticed! lol  

Re: Funniest/oddest/scariest wedding dreams

• I didn’t have any funny/scary/odd dreams, but I did have a conscious fear that one of H’s cousins (who I can’t stand) would try to make a speech or do something dumb.  Well maybe it wasn’t a fear as much as...an apprehensive feeling?  We voiced the concern to our MC who did wrestle with him over the microphone at one point...but I didn’t have any dreams.  
    That’s funny about the socks.  Maybe symbolizes that you’re juggling a lot/have a lot on your hands? ;)  
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2018
    My dreams were reality based:
    1.  My FMIL would refuse to attend.
    2.  My uncle would break out of jail and show up with a gun.
    3.  My drug dealer ex-step brother would show up with a large supply of drugs of all kinds and sell them at my reception.  (Got arrested! :D )
    4. My mother would run off with one of the male guests in her age group.
    5.  My brother-in-law would show up high.  (He did.)
    6.  My FI would change his mind about marrying into my crazy family. (No chance, there!)

Be grateful you are only having fantasy dreams!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I had a recurring dream that either one of us would end up in the hospital with appendicitis. It didn’t happen but it was a bit concerning! I think I had it because I treated a bride on her wedding night who made it all the way until after the cake was cut and then came in. Burst appendix because she didn’t want to miss anything. 
  • ernursej said:
    I had a recurring dream that either one of us would end up in the hospital with appendicitis. It didn’t happen but it was a bit concerning! I think I had it because I treated a bride on her wedding night who made it all the way until after the cake was cut and then came in. Burst appendix because she didn’t want to miss anything. 

Wow!!!  What crazy and horrible timing for a burst appendix.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Only dream I can think of was my ex showing up, setting up a super romantic moment {beside our venue} and professing he was still in love with me.

In my dream I was definitely awestruck but told him that he was too late. Like in a romantic movie "It's too late .... you're too late" then taking off.
    I knew it was just a dream because my dress was completely different.
    - actual dress: Fitted. Lacy. Open back. Short {knee-ish}
    - dream dress: strapless with sweetheart style. Empire style waist, tulle - pretty poofy - and very glittery.
  • A couple nights ago I dreamt that all the stones from my e-ring fell out and there was no way the jeweler could fix it in time (wedding is this weekend). In my dream I was surprisngly chill about it. 
  • MRDCle said:
    A couple nights ago I dreamt that all the stones from my e-ring fell out and there was no way the jeweler could fix it in time (wedding is this weekend). In my dream I was surprisngly chill about it. 

Yay!  Home stretch!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MRDCle said:
    A couple nights ago I dreamt that all the stones from my e-ring fell out and there was no way the jeweler could fix it in time (wedding is this weekend). In my dream I was surprisngly chill about it. 

Yay!  Home stretch!
    Yes!! I'm so excited. Almost everything seems to be in place.
  • I always had dreams about the wedding starting without me. I remember thinking, how can they start without the bride?? The sub-plot was usually whatever I had been dealing with that week, unaltered dress, no/ wrong cake, etc.