Wedding Woes

What happened to TUESDAY?

Re: What happened to TUESDAY?

• I've been watching the office drama unfold with the new girl who is concerned because one of the other people in the office doesn't seem to "like" her. We all told her that that's just how she is (takes a while to warm up to new people) and not sweat it, but she seems to think an office should be one big happy freaking family! It's been entertaining to me...
  • I’m currently proctoring an exam and I’m bored out of my mind. And catching up on TK. 
  • I have a coworker who is quite possibly one of the dumbest people I've ever met. I'm not even trying to be rude here, she's very sweet but just a complete airhead.

I sit on a ball at work (because our chairs were designed by Satan) and she decided she should get one too.

She's on her third one. She keeps returning them because they're "too mushy". I've tried to tell her that they need more air but she disagrees.

Shockingly, this new one is also too mushy.

Okay but serious question, how do you do this all day and not fall off? I tried for a little bit but I eat & snack at my desk and could not do that without falling off the ball or spilling allllll over myself (more than usual).
  • I went for a workout yesterday, came home for dinner and then had nothing to do now that the Olympics are over.  On the plus side, This is Us starts up again tonight, right??  And Survivor is tomorrow

• One of DK's colleagues has a balance ball instead of an office chair. He's a larger guy and apparently broke a few of the chairs/a lot don't fit him well. Unfortunately (for him) he's in the habit of falling asleep at his desk, and has fallen off the ball a couple of times. The first time he punched his cube neighbor when he fell. DK said it was hilarious. 
  • So....it’s snowing here. I know that’s normal for pretty much everyone else, but it barely rains here, and snow is unheard of. I’m shocked. And there was a thunder storm at the same time! Two weeks ago it was 90. 

I really need to move somewhere with more seasons. I’m way too excited about this. 

• levioosa said:
    So....it’s snowing here. I know that’s normal for pretty much everyone else, but it barely rains here, and snow is unheard of. I’m shocked. And there was a thunder storm at the same time! Two weeks ago it was 90. 

I really need to move somewhere with more seasons. I’m way too excited about this. 
    Winter gets very old, very fast.  I've spent the last 2 days running around in a hoodie and no jacket because we hit 1-2 degrees over freezing.  

• levioosa said:
    So....it’s snowing here. I know that’s normal for pretty much everyone else, but it barely rains here, and snow is unheard of. I’m shocked. And there was a thunder storm at the same time! Two weeks ago it was 90. 

My in laws are in Orange County and had a picture of the grandkids at Disney with fleece coats, sweatshirts, and hats and I laughed because here in Indiana I think it was actually warmer yesterday
  • levioosa said:

Winter gets very old, very fast.  I've spent the last 2 days running around in a hoodie and no jacket because we hit 1-2 degrees over freezing.  
    My son asked a couple of weeks ago, "when's summer? I don't like winter anymore!". Having "winter" is highly overrated. 
  • levioosa said:

My son asked a couple of weeks ago, "when's summer? I don't like winter anymore!". Having "winter" is highly overrated. 
    Yup. It's been beautiful (like in the high 40s and low 50s) here yesterday and today. Overnight and all day tomorrow we have a Winter Storm Warning and we're supposed to get 5 to 10 inches of heavy snowfall. Awesome. 
  • I have a coworker who is quite possibly one of the dumbest people I've ever met. I'm not even trying to be rude here, she's very sweet but just a complete airhead.

I sit on a ball at work (because our chairs were designed by Satan) and she decided she should get one too.

She's on her third one. She keeps returning them because they're "too mushy". I've tried to tell her that they need more air but she disagrees.

Okay but serious question, how do you do this all day and not fall off? I tried for a little bit but I eat & snack at my desk and could not do that without falling off the ball or spilling allllll over myself (more than usual).

STUCK

I've had several people ask me that and I wonder if you're using the wrong sized ball or don't have your desk at the right height. I find sitting on the ball to be marginally different than a chair. I've never felt like I was going to fall off it (except if I lean way over or something) and it's easy. I even find myself slouching on it.

I did find charts and stuff to find the right ball for my height and I do have a little foot stool so my knees are at about a 90 degree angle. I did have to get monitor risers too.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

STUCK

I've had several people ask me that and I wonder if you're using the wrong sized ball or don't have your desk at the right height. I find sitting on the ball to be marginally different than a chair. I've never felt like I was going to fall off it (except if I lean way over or something) and it's easy. I even find myself slouching on it.

I did find charts and stuff to find the right ball for my height and I do have a little foot stool so my knees are at about a 90 degree angle. I did have to get monitor risers too.

I've looked into getting one of the balls for my desk and they have ones with backs and sides. I think this would be my best bet, because I'm klutzy and would fall off. 
  • Posting this here because it happened yesterday.... Normally I WFH on Tuesdays, which I really value a lot. I came in specifically yesterday because I needed committee approval on something. I had informed the committee back in January that I'd be asking at yesterday's meeting. I sent them all the materials last week. I reminded them on Monday that I needed approval and that it was happening at yesterday's meeting........

We get to my agenda item and I put it up for a vote. One person admits they haven't reviewed the documents. Another admits. Then another. Then another. We postpone the vote. I was/am pissed. Do your jobs. And if you can't do your job, send an email saying you're not ready so you don't waste my time.
    *********************************************************************************

• That's obnoxious @southernbelle0915; not only did they not do what they were supposed to (which let's be honest happens way too often, at least in my world), but then wasted your time by not mentioning the day before when they could have. I'd be super annoyed, too. 

STUCK

Yep, that's probably my problem. I just found an old exercise ball in the closet and didn't even bother measuring it or anything. Now you're making me think I should try again and put some effort into doing it the right way lol. 

STUCK

Yep, that's probably my problem. I just found an old exercise ball in the closet and didn't even bother measuring it or anything. Now you're making me think I should try again and put some effort into doing it the right way lol. 

People say it helps with your core. I haven't noticed my abs doing anything wonderful but I really like sitting on the ball for my posture. And it was a much cheaper option than buying a new chair because the office chairs here are horrible.

If it helps, I'm about 5'6" and I use a 65 cm ball. My foot stool keeps my feet a couple inches off the ground so if my desk was a little shorter, I'd probably be better off with a 55 cm ball.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Is it weird that I hope it makes an accordion sound every time the user gets up or sits down???
  • Is it weird that I hope it makes an accordion sound every time the user gets up or sits down???
    It would be like an all-day whoopie cushion