Chit Chat

Three days left - what am I forgetting??

Saturday is the big day - and I'm feeling really prepared - which in itself is making me wonder what on earth am I forgetting? Today table assignments were printed, I did bathroom baskets (which I did not even realize was a thing till yesterday), and got all my tips and checks for vendors in their respective envelopes tucked away with the license.  

So....what were the last minute things you ladies took care of in the last week? I just have a feeling there's SOMETHING.

Re: Three days left - what am I forgetting??

• MRDCle said:
    ernursej said:
    I took care of myself. Recommend to get a massage, sleep in and have a mimosa!
    I got waxed today, pedi tomorrow, and mani on Friday.  We have a three year old so sleeping in is rare but I booked myself a hotel Friday after the rehearsal so if I can sleep in that morning I plan on it! And mimosas are a given ;)
    Sounds like you are set! Enjoy! Anything that might be forgotten about isn’t essential and you can laugh it off. 
  • Do you have an agenda with marching orders and logistics for various people/vendors so they know what's expected of them and where to be when? 

Does your photographer have a list of photos you want? Poses and people? Keep in mind they don't know who is who or who should be in what photos. If you give them a list that says stuff like:

"Church pulpit photos:
    Photo 1: Bride, groom, Nancy (MOG), Fred (FOG), Jessica (SOG), Alex (BOG), Sally (MOB), Barry (FOB), Tom (BOB), Amanda (SILOB)
    Photo 2: Bride, groom, Nancy, Fred, Jessica, Alex
    Photo 3: Bride, groom, Sally, Barry, Tom, Amanda
    .........."

If you have a list like that, all you need to do is make sure all the applicable people are there (which they should be if they have their marching orders/logistics instructions) and then the photographer can just call out names - "I need Nancy, Fred, Jessica, Alex, Sally, Barry, Tom and Amanda in this photo.........ok now, I need just Nancy, Fred, Jessica and Alex.....etc." It's much less stressful, you know you're going to get the photos you want, it takes less time and it's easier on the photographer.
    *********************************************************************************

• Don’t forget to have a wonderful time!
  • edited March 2018
    Take a deep breath :) Almost there!!

Day before my H and I had to pick up paperwork, so we spent some time just walking around downtown. It was a Friday, so not very busy and lots of food trucks.
    Indulge in something while relaxing! It's amazing how much that helps ;)

edit
    When leaving the house, make sure you have everything you need. When we were leaving for rehersal, H wasn't going to be back. We got halfway to the car before realizing his suit and overnight bag was still inside. LMFAO!
  • Do you have an agenda with marching orders and logistics for various people/vendors so they know what's expected of them and where to be when? 

Does your photographer have a list of photos you want? Poses and people? Keep in mind they don't know who is who or who should be in what photos. If you give them a list that says stuff like:

"Church pulpit photos:
    Photo 1: Bride, groom, Nancy (MOG), Fred (FOG), Jessica (SOG), Alex (BOG), Sally (MOB), Barry (FOB), Tom (BOB), Amanda (SILOB)
    Photo 2: Bride, groom, Nancy, Fred, Jessica, Alex
    Photo 3: Bride, groom, Sally, Barry, Tom, Amanda
    .........."

If you have a list like that, all you need to do is make sure all the applicable people are there (which they should be if they have their marching orders/logistics instructions) and then the photographer can just call out names - "I need Nancy, Fred, Jessica, Alex, Sally, Barry, Tom and Amanda in this photo.........ok now, I need just Nancy, Fred, Jessica and Alex.....etc." It's much less stressful, you know you're going to get the photos you want, it takes less time and it's easier on the photographer.
    I just made this list - thank you! I talked to my photographer and she agreed it would be helpful, so I typed up a quick list of names for her! She already had our must have list but this should help things run smoothly!

@charlotte989875 yep - one of my something blues!

@debbeau ugh I'm sure once we get into things we'll have a blast!

@MissKittyDanger I made sure to take everything important minus the rings and FI's suit to my parents house today so IF we forget, it's only 10 minutes away! FI assures me he can handle rings and his suit ;) 

SIDE NOTE! My boudoir album came today (totally thought it was going to be late) so that piece thankfully fell into place today too!
  • edited March 2018
    As soon as my pre-wedding To Do List was done (the Wednesday before our Saturday wedding), I climbed into bed with the dog, some Doritos, and a bottle of champagne and watched Eat Pray Love. 

I recommed you relax and pamper yourself!!!!
  • I agree with @ernursej ... for the 'stuff', if it's not done by now, don't worry about it.  

Make sure you have an overnight bag ready to go unless you're staying at your place the night of the wedding.

Here's some of the best advice I received .... most of your wedding will be an overwhelming, exciting, joyful blur.  At some point during the reception, take a moment for yourself to stand back and just take it all in.  I did so during the "Cupid Shuffle".  I stood in the back, sipped my wine, and thought, "holy shit, I just got married."

Enjoy!! <3
  • @MRDCle Yeh my H was staying close to our place, so it wouldn't have been an issue if it was forgotten. It's just my fave part of the story when people ask if they're forgetting something ;)
    OH! Thought of something last night .... bring your cheque book if needed. I forgot to bring mine, but luckily our DJ allowed for etransfer payment as well! And if you have any payments to still make, try to talk to your vendors before they leave. Our DJ ended up giving us a discount at the end of the night, between him not needing some things he thought he would and things ended an hour earlier than anticipated {long day} so we paid cheaper than original contract :)
  • Hope you had a great weekend @MRDCle
  • Congrats, @MRDCle !  I hope the day was fantastic!