Wedding Woes

Monday

How was the weekend?

Saturday we did the Farmer's Market and bummed around the house.

Sunday we got to sleep in a little since indoor soccer was over. Then church, lacrosse tryouts, grocery, playground.  I got to do a bit of rollerblading with the littles.  Then I got in a decent run.

This morning was a cluster.  I decided I didn't need to wake up at 4 to say goodbye to DH.  He was making so much noise I woke up anyway.  At 6:50 M2 was sitting in her underwear crying for no reason she could express.  She got herself together then proceeded to drop a fork on the top of my foot, whine about lunch, not have time for breakfast, then cry because she forgot it was hat day.  Max dumped a box of cereal and didn't get dressed in time for the bus stop (he just likes to go).  He cried when I made him stay home.

Lord may this not be the state of the rest of the week.  DH's flight gets in at 1 on Friday.  I told him when he gets home I get to go for a run.

Re: Monday

• This weekend sucked. Friday (thankfully) was a snow day, and I worked in the morning and helped my sister move in the afternoon. My parents come to help and my Dad decides that in the middle of the move is a good time to tell us all he has cancer. So that sucked. 

Saturday and Sunday were looking at more houses. It's exhausting. I have a sore throat and went to bed at like 8:30 last night and I'm still tired. Hoping it's just a results of doing my long run inside the gym and terrible air circulation and not something worse. 
  • Weekend was just OK.  I worked, DH worked, the kiddo worked.  Dinner with my parents last night.  

I was up at 3am getting sick.  It was a one and done thing, so I think it was something I ate.  I'm sitting here trying to keep my eyes open while I work. 

This week is going to be nuts after today.  We have jiujitsu Tue/Thu and DefConn's 1st grade musical on Wednesday. 
  • 6 - Wishing easier days for you!  And yes, when DH gets home - go take a run or have a massage/mani-pedi!

Our weekend was nice.  Friday night I made some food to take to my aunt/uncles house.  My uncle has an incurable liver tumor, doctor's have given him months.  He waited too long to see a doctor, he had been living with stomach pains for years.  Please see a doctor if you have chronic symptoms!

Saturday - H had to work.  I took DD for her 1 year check up.  She did well with her shots this time.  Stopped crying before we left the office.  Then we went to Target.  DD took a nice nap when we got home.  My mom came over and we fed DD lunch and then headed over to my aunt/uncle's house.  I made my uncle his favorite cake.  He isn't eating much, so I'm hoping his favorite cake entices him!  We had a nice visit and they were thoroughly entertained by DD and her little brand of crazy!  My aunt texted me later to say he had a piece of cake for dinner!

Sunday was brunch for MILs birthday.  We went back to Rodizio, one of the all you can eat meat places.  Bacon-fest was done, but it was still delicious.  MIL ate a small piece of each meat.  She wasted so much and it irked me!  I know that's sort of the point with all you can eat, but just say no!  Then we went back to our house for cake after a while.  Once the ILs left, we just relaxed and did nothing the remainder of the day and it was glorious!

• Charlotte - I'm sorry to hear about your dad.  I wish him well during his treatments and regaining his full health!
  • Charlotte - I'm sorry to hear about your dad.  I wish him well during his treatments and regaining his full health!
    Thank you! It was a big surprise and I think we're all still in shock a little. But sounds like they found it early. 
  • I'm jealous every time you talk about BaconFest @OliveOilsMom
  • We are still at the beach. DD and SIL were here until Saturday evening. We enjoyed having them here but it has been nice to have the place to ourselves. They were spending a lot of time going over baby registry stuff - they discuss things ad nauseum. Saturday night we had dinner with some friends at their place. It was a lot of fun - their house is beautiful. We been walking the dogs a lot and walking ourselves a lot LOL!. Yesterday I took my first bike ride on the island (we just brought our bikes so DD and SIL didn't have ones to ride). It has also been kind of chilly. I think next year we will come down a little later so hopefully it will be slightly warmer. Seafood every day has been great though. DS2 and his GF arrive tomorrow night and stay through the weekend. DS1 and DIL arrive Friday and stay for the the weekend. 
  • Friday night was lovely.  We ended up just going out to dinner and coming home to watch Grey's Anatomy.  We intended to go to The Shape of Water, but we ended up crashing, hard.  Saturday, K had to hit the books for homework and I cleaned the apartment.  I love all the space we have, but 1650 square feet of open floor plan wood laminate can be a bitch to maintain.  Sunday I had my annual meeting and put in the new board for my organization (13 full seats and diverse AF, I'm so proud of my board), then back home to spend a few hours with K before they went to work.    Busy, but satisfying.
  • VarunaTT said:
    Friday night was lovely.  We ended up just going out to dinner and coming home to watch Grey's Anatomy.  We intended to go to The Shape of Water, but we ended up crashing, hard.  Saturday, K had to hit the books for homework and I cleaned the apartment.  I love all the space we have, but 1650 square feet of open floor plan wood laminate can be a bitch to maintain.  Sunday I had my annual meeting and put in the new board for my organization (13 full seats and diverse AF, I'm so proud of my board), then back home to spend a few hours with K before they went to work.    Busy, but satisfying.
    That is a huge apartment! We're looking at houses that size. 

The best thing we ever did for our marriage was get a good robot vacuum. 
  • @6fsn, sounds like a busy household!
    @charlotte989875, omg that's awful! Did he tell you what stage? So sorry that is happening right now.

I went to visit my mom after she had surgery this weekend.  All three of her children did, actually.  I got to see my nephew, and he's getting so big! I was supposed to leave Saturday at 6:40 but it was more like 8:40 due to all the cancellations from the Northeast storms (just glad I could make it!).

Sunday was my first day of eating solids. whoo hoo. It's supposed to be today, but I couldn't take another day and moved it a day earlier.  H and I went out for brunch, and then went shopping and spent a butt load on stuff for the condo and groceries to fill it. OMG buying a new place and filling it is expensive (when you don't have anything to bring over).

• Our weekend was nice.  Friday night I made some food to take to my aunt/uncles house.  My uncle has an incurable liver tumor, doctor's have given him months.  He waited too long to see a doctor, he had been living with stomach pains for years.  Please see a doctor if you have chronic symptoms!

agreed @OliveOilsMom.  One of our good family friends had pains and aches for months (maybe years) but hated the doc.  I can't remember if they caught it in stage 3 or 4, but it was to far gone at the point (which would be stage 4 right?).  So sad to watch.  Anyway, sorry and T&P's for your uncle.

• @6fsn Go for a run. Do something to treat yourself when he's back and here's hoping the rest of the week is smoother!

@charlotte989875 Sorry to hear about your dad :(

@mrsconn23 Boo weekend and boo being sick :(

@OliveOilsMom I do the same thing at buffets. I always feel I should be getting more, but it's just so impossible lmao! I mean, I prob eat more at buffets than restaurant - because I continue to get small amounts - but still lol

Original plan for Saturday cleaning just didn't happen. Getting kinda irked because we gotta get that basement done asap! We're running out of time lol

We did stop by Chapters. I got a calendar and 2 candles. They're small and more expensive than B&BW ones but the colours were so cute I couldn't resist lmao

I was chatting with M's buddy's gf - since she was gonna be home when we swung by to pick up some small dressers - and she said something just so unexpectedly nice that I started crying.
    Then M was showing me a text convo with his other friend, and he said something just so sweet I started crying again.
    Damn pregnancy hormones lmao!
    {fyi - what M said was super simple. "3.5 months until BabyKitten is here :) " - which I clarified that as of Thursday, it's actually 3 months .... but it's just so sweet to see him seem excited :') I'm gonna cry again writing this lmao}

Sunday we did go to their place. Ended up hanging out and chatting for a bit as well.

We broke our thing for lent. We did so well for like 2.5 weeks!
    We were trying not to order in at all, but had to break it because M wanted to make something different for dinner and it was OBVIOUSLY 20mins before I was about to start dinner. So we ordered food and he's making it tonight. Luckily there will be leftovers so tomorrow's lunch also :)
    At least it's better than normal .... usually we're not on the ball and then get lazy, then order out lol
  • @charlotte989875, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad!  I hope he has a good prognosis.  I also hope you start feeling better.  Feeling sick is a lousy way to start the work week, especially with everything else going on.

@OliveOilsMom, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I'm glad you're cake temptation worked.

It was a mellow weekend, so that was nice.  We had a showing on Sat. afternoon that seemed to go well.  She asked about "next steps", but her roommate had not been able to make it, so "hopefully" we'll hear something from him/them for when he can come by.

It's actually been alarming how few responses we've had from our ad.  But, we posted it almost at the end of the last month, which is the worst possible time.  We're still repainting it and making other touch-ups, so I haven't refreshed the ad.  I'm going to put up a new ad with new pics, once we're all done.  Which should be in the next few days.  Usually 1/2 way into a month is when we see the biggest response, so I'm hoping to see a big up-tick.  I also might lower the rental price by $50/month.  We are currently asking $1200/month, which is right at market.  So perhaps bringing it a bit below will get a better response.

I WISH we had the kind of rental demand that a lot of places do.  It's not bad here, but it's not great either.  I'm super jealous of the landlords on my REI forum who get 100+ applications in the first day, every time they have a vacancy, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn said:

@charlotte989875- I'm so sorry about your dad.

@VarunaTT- I got a Roomba for Christmas and I love that guy. (He's a man in my house because I want a man to help with chores).

Thanks @6fsn

I got H the Roomba for our first anniversary; I think it's his favorite present I ever purchased for him. 
  • 6fsn said:

@MissKittyDanger- I remember crying at Celebrity Apprentice when I was pregnant with 6let. Then I had to do an asbestos training.  I was sitting in a room with all men watching a 9/11 documentary.  The tears and snot were everywhere and nobody knew what to do with me.

M originally thought something was wrong because I just started crying and staring at my phone lol
  • @ShesSoCold I wanna get a roomba now ....
    I must have missed a previous mention, but what kinda dog do you have?
  • VarunaTT said:
    Friday night was lovely.  We ended up just going out to dinner and coming home to watch Grey's Anatomy.  We intended to go to The Shape of Water, but we ended up crashing, hard.  Saturday, K had to hit the books for homework and I cleaned the apartment.  I love all the space we have, but 1650 square feet of open floor plan wood laminate can be a bitch to maintain.  Sunday I had my annual meeting and put in the new board for my organization (13 full seats and diverse AF, I'm so proud of my board), then back home to spend a few hours with K before they went to work.    Busy, but satisfying.
    yeah I can only imagine the floor up keep on that!  We have carpets which can go a few more days without notice....

Is it just me, or am I not alone in this boat?  What is the draw with "shape of water"?  I didn't really care for it.  And I like weird ass movies.  It's kinda my thing....6fsn said:

6fsn said:

@MissKittyDanger- I remember crying at Celebrity Apprentice when I was pregnant with 6let. Then I had to do an asbestos training.  I was sitting in a room with all men watching a 9/11 documentary.  The tears and snot were everywhere and nobody knew what to do with me.

I think 9/11 documentaries and movies do this to me sans pregnancy too! cry away!

• M originally thought something was wrong because I just started crying and staring at my phone lol

On another board I used to frequent, there was a poster on there that told hilarious stories of the random stuff that made her cry while she was pregnant.  The two I remember:

• Her and her H went to a wedding.  A couple weeks later she got the standard ty note from her friend for the wedding present.  And she cried because it was so nice her friend had thought to send a ty note.
    • She started bawling in the middle of Target because the baby clothes were so cute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @6fsn, sounds like a busy household!
    @charlotte989875, omg that's awful! Did he tell you what stage? So sorry that is happening right now.

Thanks; he didn't say what stage, but from what he said he doesn't need chemo; either surgery to remove it or radiation. He has to go for more tests this week to find out for sure what the best option is. 

Thanks @MissKittyDanger and @short+sassy; it definitely wasn't how we planned for the weekend to go. 
  • Thanks @ShesSoCold

Our dog is terrified of the Roomba. First day we tried it out he "chased" it under a table and barked at it for getting too close to his toys.
  • My main problem with the floors is that we both walk around barefoot all the time and I am grossed out by the footprints.  We're going to buy a Swiffer wood laminate kit and see if that helps.  Since it's just the two of us and no pets, a Roomba would probably be overkill a bit, though it's appealing.

The apartment is bigger than my house was.  :smile:  That always makes me *head tilt* a bit, but we're only paying $.60/sq foot, and that's with 2 parking spaces in a covered attached garage on the basement floor (it's actually a remodeled parking garage), internet included (which is a bonus for us.  Our internet usage is massive between streaming everything and K's online classes), and a security door code to get into the building and the parking garage itself.  I really love the space and it's only about 20 units, so we usually know almost everyone in the building.  We keep talking about moving b/c we could definitely find someplace cheaper, but this place just hits all the right notes for us and we're happy here, so it's fine for now.

I've had friends on both sides of the fence re: Shape of Water.  Guillermo del Toro, for me, always seems to be OMGILOVETHISFILM or What?, but I'll always go see his movies.
  • My cats hate the vacuum but I have a weird feeling that if we got one, it would either be "DEATH TO ROBOT VACUUM" or "ONWARD NOBLE STEED!" and no inbetween ....
  • My cats hate the vacuum but I have a weird feeling that if we got one, it would either be "DEATH TO ROBOT VACUUM" or "ONWARD NOBLE STEED!" and no inbetween ....
    My cat just looks at it like "what the hell did you bring into the house this time?!" Kind of like how she looked at the dog for the first few months. 
    My cat just looks at it like "what the hell did you bring into the house this time?!" Kind of like how she looked at the dog for the first few months. 
    We got a little rug that looks like a bear, and M anticipated our cats to be scared of it ..... quite the opposite. I put it on the floor {we have no idea where it'll go right now} then Penny sat on the head. Queen of the Bears .... 
  • My H got me the Samsung version of a Roomba for Christmas a couple years ago. It was crazy more expensive than others and seems to get stuck on everything to the point we never use it. My H would just get so mad at it getting stuck that he'd get pissed and it wasn't worth the drama. Go figure. I'd like to try using it again but then I think of all of the baby stuff it would just run into