Wedding Woes

Monday

2»

Re: Monday

• @mrsconn23 and @missJeanLouise are either of you listening to Crimetown? H just got me hooked on it. 

• @VarunaTT, I remember when you all first moved in and you posted some pics of the apartment.  It was amazeballs and so low priced.  I realize rent prices are vastly different for different areas, but NOLA is pretty MCOL and you can't touch anything for only .60/sq ft.  Especially for really nice places.

@MissKittyDanger, our cat is insane and hilarious with new throw rugs.  She will spend two hours sniffing/rubbing/rolling over every inch.  Multiple times.  I think that is the "cat way" of calling "dibs" on it, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ShesSoCold I wanna get a roomba now ....
    I must have missed a previous mention, but what kinda dog do you have?

I have an American Bulldog, Edna (her latin name is Ednis Bulldogis). IDK why it's sideways but here's her big fat head. The vacuum is her arch nemesis and she would FLIP out on a robot vacuum.

Bulldogs are some of my favorite breeds!  They're all cute, though my absolute fave is the Frenchies.  No offense to Ednis Bulldogis, she is absolutely adorable and her fancy, long official name is great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  Penny claims everything as hers lol
    Angel doesn't entirely care about things, but he has now taken to circling the bear rug before hopping up on his post {right beside it} They're not entirely sure what to do with all the baby stuff coming in
  • @ShesSoCold I wanna get a roomba now ....
    I must have missed a previous mention, but what kinda dog do you have?

I have an American Bulldog, Edna (her latin name is Ednis Bulldogis). IDK why it's sideways but here's her big fat head. The vacuum is her arch nemesis and she would FLIP out on a robot vacuum.

Bulldogs are some of my favorite breeds!  They're all cute, though my absolute fave is the Frenchies.  No offense to Ednis Bulldogis, she is absolutely adorable and her fancy, long official name is great.

OMG I LOVE French bulldogs! I want like 17 of them. Edna here has been H's dream since he was like 10. IDK why but he's always wanted an American Bulldog. I keep saying I'll get to pick our next dog but I'm sure it'll be another huge beefy dog. H is big into home security and he wants a dog that will protect us and the house. Edna looks the part, but the other week when the water restoration guy was at the house, she hid in the closet the whole time. Even when H's boss let the guy in while we were at work, she wouldn't go anywhere near either of 'em.

(to your H):  See?  She's just a big, sweet girl.

I blame the tv show Modern Family for my love of the French Bulldog.  The Pritchetts have a Frenchie named Stella and it is ridiculous how cute she is.

I keep trying to talk my H into getting a second dog **cough Frenchie cough**, so Izzy would have someone to play with and it would be twice the doggy love.  But my H is absolutely adamant we only have one dog. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m so sorry about your dad @charlotte989875

And I’m so sorry about your uncle @OliveOilsMom

We have a roomba but it’s almost 15 years old now and only holds a charge for about five minutes before it dies. I brought it over to the new house just to see how Jack reacts before I give it away. I’m sure it’s time for a new one anyways. Aurora is terrified of the vacuum, but Jack couldn’t give two hoots. I feel like with the roomba the tables will be turned though. 

This weekend was good. We went to brunch, I unsuccessfully tried to write 3/4 papers that are all due by Wednesday, and I got to go to my old favorite pub. Plus it rained and the weather was so nice. I’m at work today and am sad. Is it too much to ask to win the lotto so I can just quit working and travel? 

• @mrsconn23 and @missJeanLouise are either of you listening to Crimetown? H just got me hooked on it. 

Yes, I listened to the whole season.  I loved it and hope they do another season. 

• This is 100% why we wouldn't bring roomba upstairs and left to it's own devices lmao
  • @holyguacamole79 I have been told if we get roomba I'm not allowed to put googly eyes on it. I have requested a shark fin at least. That way I can plan Jaws Theme
  • @charlotte989875 I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but glad it should be curable and treatable with chemo.

@oliveoilsmom I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.  

I want a Roomba but Rosie barks at the vacuum.  Hell, Rosie barks at everything.  I'm WFH today and realized her life would be much lazier if she didn't think she had to get up every time I move off of the sofa.

@ShesSoCold Rosie is a big dumb (Old English Bulldog) wuss.  She barks a mean game but as soon as you come in, she just wants love, she doesn't care why you're here.  I'm hoping her bark is scary enough to get the job done in a worst case scenario.

Weekend was great!  Hubs and I went out to dinner Friday, Saturday I met up with my BFF for drinks and then crashed at her place and vintage shopped Sunday.  I scored a vintage bar cart, Vernors wood crate an old china box that I'm repurposing for jewelry.  I'm obsessed with this shop.

Today I threw the towel in and bought my own laptop.  The new job provided a dinosaur and I can't take it anymore.  I asked on Friday if they'd upload all the network stuff onto my personal laptop and they agreed so I got a good deal on an HP at Office Max today:).

• @charlotte989875, I'm sorry to hear about your dad and hope his treatments help.

Quiet weekend for me.