Chit Chat

Why would you password protect your wedding website?

First I found this couples wedding website by searching their name on google and the link gave me a password protected wedding website and I was able to click cache on the page, then a month later a couple days ago I search and all I find for their website is no information is available for this page. Why is this. Then today I google it and it doesn't even come up at all. Do you think they had the settings as public or password protected but still searchable at first but then changed it? And why did it first say no information is available and now nothing comes up?

Re: Why would you password protect your wedding website?

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Not sure.  I know my wedding site had the church and reception locations, maybe the couple didn’t want that info out there for the world to see?
  • It definitely sounds odd how the pages are/are not displaying, but plenty of people keep their wedding sites private. I did. The only people who should have access to my wedding information are the people I invited. I even set my registries to not be searchable on Google. 

Assuming you are a guest, just ask the couple for the information you're looking for. If you're not a guest, then take the hint that they don't want non-guests looking up their info. 

• edited March 2018
    They probably didn't realize that the website could be found through google, at first. It's possible they need to add or change info on the website.The password will probably be included with the STDs, shower and wedding invites.

I don't blame them for protecting their info from nosey people. Who knows if someone might decide to crash their wedding, like one persistent poster who intended to crash a wedding in a park that she wasn't  invited to. We've heard of strangers posting nasty messages on guest books and others trying to mess with vendors. Those could be a few of the reasons.

• Now that I'm a teacher, if I were to get married now, I'd definitely password-protect my website.  

@levioosa ,