California-Los Angeles

Wedding Vendor Reviews - Married August 7th

Hi LA ladies!

I was married on August 7 and it was the BEST day of my life!  I had some really amazing vendors and I wanted to share them with you because I want everyone to have an amazing day like I did. 

Mon Amie Bridal Salon: A

I had Nataly as my dress consultant and she was amazing.  I brought in several pictures of the dresses I liked and with that she pulled 7 out of the 7000 dresses into my dressing room.  I had a 3,000 budget but she ended up bringing in a dress that was only $1,700 and to my surprise it was the one!  I had wonderful experiences there and highly recommend it.  It can be a bit pricey is the only thing but I felt like the most beautiful woman in the world in that dress and it was worth every penny!

Nichole Shockely, hair and makeup: A+++++++

I think she was my favorite vendor.  Not only is she very nice and responsive, but she is amazing and talented.  I brought in a TON of pictures of hair and makeup I liked and she just went right to work during the trial and nailed exactly what I was looking for!  I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup and I felt so gorgeous thanks to her.  Picture below. HIGHLY recommend.  Oh and she is affordable!

Butterfly Floral and Event Design: A++++++++

A little pricey but worth every single penny.  In fact, I would have paid more. I told her what I wanted and she EXCEEDED my expectations. My bouquet was so gorgeous it brought me to tears.  Everyone talked about my centerpieces and how it looked like a movie star wedding.  She really made the wedding.  I cannot recommend her enough, honestly.  Pic below.  The pictures don't do it justice and aren't professional.

Socal DJ, Eric: A+

Eric was an amazing DJ.  He is so mellow and all the meetings we had prior to the wedding he was not salesy at all and just listened to what we wanted.  He did everything we wanted and kept people on the dancefloor all night.  He was truly amazing and the best part is that he is affordable.  He also offers uplighting which was a plus for us.

Malibu Mariachi: A

They were a great mariachi band.  They played everything we requested, were on time and professional.  Priceier than most but well worth it. 

Subito Strings: A+

We hired them for a string trio to play when I walked down the aisle and they were amazing.  But what makes them even MORE amazing is they play modern music like Michael Jackson, Coldplay, Radiohead, etc.  Seriously, this is a must have at any weddding!  Amazing!

Photobooth Pro: A+

The photobooth was a hit at our wedding and people couldn't stay out of that thing.  It was the best time and the props and scrapbook were awesome. 

Rossmor Pastries: A

We got their cupcakes and they were phenomenal.  The only thing that sucked was that we had to pay a $250 deposit to rent a cupcake stand but we go the money back right away and the stand was gorgeous.

Twin Ravens Press: A

This is something I have to share.  Twin Ravens Press does letterpress inivites and was the cheapest I could find and the invites were GORGEOUS.  They looked like they cost thousands but they didn't.  Highly recommended.

Tina Molina Events: A

Tina was our Day of Coordinator and did a great job.  Some things went a little haywire but she took care of everything.  I had the most perfect day of my life and hardly felt any stress and she was a big part of that.  Definitely recommend.

Nataly Lemus Photography: A

I don't have my wedding pictures back yet but I got the teaser above and love it.  She also did our engagement pictures which we loved.  She and her husband are great and also affordable.

On Bended Knee Productions:

I don't have my video back yet since I just got married but I think it will be great and he was very easy to work with.

Hope this helps someone.  xoxo

Re: Wedding Vendor Reviews - Married August 7th

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You looked beautiful!  Congratulations and thank you for posting up your vendor reviews.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    wow I havent been on in a while but you look amazing. sooo glad your day was everything you wanted it to be. your reviews were great as well - im sure plenty of girls will get some use from them.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you both.  I also forgot 2 major things!  The venues. 

Cabrillo Marina Plaza: A+

We had our ceremony here and it is so super affordable with an ocean view.  The website does it no justice you have to go see it for yourself.  If your wedding is small, they even have a cute room you can rent for the reception.

Doubletree Hotel San Pedro, Madeo Room: A++++

The ballroom is seriously gorgeous.  While it is light outside they leave the curtains open and you have an ocean view.  At night they close the curtains and the room has gorgeous lights and it is great.  Laura the Catering Manager is super helpful.  It was affordable too.

• michsancmichsanc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello, loved your dress....was it trumpet or mermaid? Would you mind sharing the designer? COngrats on your nuptials!

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    It is a Justin Alexander dress style 8506.  It was stunning.  It is an A frame but I had it tailored to fit my body.  I am considering selling it if you are interested!  sicilianmarie@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

I'm also wearing Justin Alexander 8506 and am considering have it altered in. Do you have any photos of the back or sides after altered, and any recommendations on how to navigate that process with a seamstress? Would love to hear about your experience.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards