Wedding Woes

Wednesday Snow Day

Another snow day here with no actual snow on the ground. Idk what is going on with these weather predictions but I’m enjoying pajama time!

Anyone want to weigh in on a wedding dilemma? A friend invited me to an out of town overnight stay required black tie wedding without a date, and I don’t know a single other guest. Someone tell me to say no and not feel guilty about it?

Re: Wednesday Snow Day

• Another snow day here with no actual snow on the ground. Idk what is going on with these weather predictions but I’m enjoying pajama time!

Anyone want to weigh in on a wedding dilemma? A friend invited me to an out of town overnight stay required black tie wedding without a date, and I don’t know a single other guest. Someone tell me to say no and not feel guilty about it?

Yeah you're very busy that day.

No way I'd go to that shit.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Snow days with no snow are the best. All the enjoyment of staying home without any of the hassle from the snow. 

Wedding dilemma - I wouldn't go and I wouldn't feel guilty about it. It's nice that she invited you but that's a lot to ask of someone when you won't know anyone else there and can't bring a date.

Another long day of work in store. I've got a million little projects and follow ups to do and none of the motivation to do it. On the plus side, a carrier rep brought in Starbucks coffee and pastries so that at least helps brighten my day.
  • It's my day off, so I'm catching up on TV.  I have a few errands to run and some stuff to do around the house.  DefConn's 1st grade musical is tonight. :D 

Ugh, the wedding thing is such a toss-up.  It would depend on how close I am to said friend.  If the expense wasn't an issue, at this point...I might say 'eff it' and go, just for a the alone time in a hotel.  I could put up with dressing up and talking to strangers for a few hours.  LOL  :)  But in all honesty, I'd only do it for a really close friend. 
  • @STARMOON44, yay for pajama time!  I would absolutely feel zero guilt in declining a wedding that required an overnight stay and a formal gown.  And that's before even getting into that it probably wouldn't be very enjoyable for you, since you don't know anyone.  Like we always say on here, an invitation is not a summons ;).

Another busy, but boring, day at work.  I'm already thinking about dinner because I know our cupboards are bare, lol.  I might need to stop somewhere on the way home.  And tonight, think in advance, and get some meat out of the freezer to actually cook something tomorrow night.  Try to control your jealousy at my exciting life, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Where the hell are you people that you get snow days? I've had one snow day in my entire working life and none as a student (damn Catholic Board). The city literally has to be shut down in order for them to declare a snow day. 

@STARMOON44, you are washing your hair that night. No date, black tie, hell no. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2018
    yeah, don't feel guilty at ALL @Starmoon44!  

I will never get a snow day.  Because I can WFH.  My friend in PA said they declared one last night for her today.  I hear the Catskills could get up to 18".  Maybe they just didn't get it yet.....

edit: stand corrected.  18-24" for the catskills.

• @STARMOON44 Out of the sheer fact that I wouldn't know anyone - in town or not - I would say no. I'm not one to enjoy being alone at events.

@TrixieJess Don't worry, I don't get work cancelled due to snow. Maybe a day cut short, but not completely cancelled :(

Still back problems, so I've ordered a band that is meant for back/hip pain. Paid extra for it to be delivered tomorrow .... I'm so uncomfortable lately :( Booking RMT soon.

Something you'll all get a good giggle about:
    Back story - idgaf what science says, Pluto is a planet. Was demoted in 2006

M has been trying to explain it wasn't an easy decision, etc etc. {I honestly didn't care ...}
    He showed me a video of someone explaining all the details. Cool. I told him idgaf, it's still a planet to me.
    THEN I STARTED CRYING!!!
    Why?
    Because I realized BabyKitten will never know Pluto ever was a planet and that made me sad :(
    M thought it was funny/cute/sweet .... and proceeded to post on fb. I AM NOT ALONE IN FEELING UPSET ABOUT THIS!!!

Friend of his posted this photo:

Image result for youre not carl sagan
  • Don't you have a SO @STARMOON44?

I think that's monumentally shitty to have your guests go through the expense of attending a formal wedding if you limit SOs.

I'm in the airport hoping my flight takes off before the weather gets worse.
  • banana468 said:
    Don't you have a SO @STARMOON44?

I think that's monumentally shitty to have your guests go through the expense of attending a formal wedding if you limit SOs.

I'm in the airport hoping my flight takes off before the weather gets worse.
    Mmhhhmmmm.  And I didn’t mention that because it is new, and I’m not super up in arms about having the guy I’ve been dating for two months invited, but it’s a 300 person wedding!

thanks all. RSVPing no unless I get a last minute plus one, sending a gift and moving on. 
  • @MissKittyDanger, there is a Rick and Morty episode where Jerry is helping Morty with his school science project and they are making a solar system.  Morty tells his dad that Pluto isn't a planet anymore and Jerry is adamant that it is.

Plutonians catch wind of Jerry's denial and send their spaceship to take him back with them, where he is hailed as a hero.

But it's really a devious plot by the Plutonians in charge.  Who have been extensively mining Pluto, making it smaller and smaller.  They were worried Pluto losing it's planet status might start to give the masses ideas of what they were up to.  So they use Jerry as the figurehead for "look how awesome we are and obviously we're a planet because this Earth scientist says we are."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You're nice to send a gift... 
    *********************************************************************************

• A 300 person wedding and you weren’t given a date? Um....

SSDD for me. I have to record a presentation and post it and that’s always the worst. I bought some exercise bands yesterday and I’m excited about that. It came with a cool booklet too with some sample exercises so I can be lazy and unimaginative for awhile before those get old. 

• @MissKittyDanger, there is a Rick and Morty episode where Jerry is helping Morty with his school science project and they are making a solar system.  Morty tells his dad that Pluto isn't a planet anymore and Jerry is adamant that it is.

Plutonians catch wind of Jerry's denial and send their spaceship to take him back with them, where he is hailed as a hero.

But it's really a devious plot by the Plutonians in charge.  Who have been extensively mining Pluto, making it smaller and smaller.  They were worried Pluto losing it's planet status might start to give the masses ideas of what they were up to.  So they use Jerry as the figurehead for "look how awesome we are and obviously we're a planet because this Earth scientist says we are."

So basically I am a Plutonian hero .... lol ;)
  • @cupcait927 just a little shoptalk but I started thinking about some of our clients who give wellness incentives via HSA dollars where you earn the dollars throughout the year and it gets put in your HSA at the end of the year. We need to identify clients with those situations to make sure they research HSA elections accordingly. Just thought I'd mention it in case you have clients who operate like that too 
  • It's currently snowing outside, but I'm at the office.  H is out at noon and daycare is closing at 3 (though H is picking DD up when he is done work).  Just waiting to hear about my office.  We never close, so we will see if I have to work until 5 or not.  Hoping for an early dismissal!

I didn't pack lunch and have no idea what I want to get!  I was supposed to see a guy at the bank today to get a 529 started for DD, but I'm skipping today due to the weather.  I was never given an official appointment, so I don't know whether I should even call to cancel!

As for the wedding, I would go if a close friend.  I would love to attend a truly black tie wedding, I think it would be fun.  But if I won't know anyone, that would be the tough decision for me.  I may go if it was an area that I wanted to see and explore a little.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I’d skip the wedding. 

I never got snow days as an adult because I was always considered and essential employee.  I got pulled over once and showed the deputy my hard hat and away I went. Dh has special papers he carries in case he gets pulled over now. 

Nothing much here.  Ministry this am.  I’m kicking off a new study tomorrow in small group. I thought cinnamon rolls were needed for the event so I’m making those.  
  • My office's cafeteria sells Rice Krispie treats. I finally broke down and got one today. It's a good thing I never did before....They. Are. Crack. I feel like Jasmine
    Image result for a whole new world gif
    *********************************************************************************

• kvruns said:
    @cupcait927 just a little shoptalk but I started thinking about some of our clients who give wellness incentives via HSA dollars where you earn the dollars throughout the year and it gets put in your HSA at the end of the year. We need to identify clients with those situations to make sure they research HSA elections accordingly. Just thought I'd mention it in case you have clients who operate like that too 
    We do and that's a good point that you bring up. We also have employer groups that give their employees HSA contributions at different intervals (some annual, some twice a year, one that's even per pay) and we need to be sure to educate those groups that they need to identify anyone who's maxing out between the employer and employee contribution.

I actually just got CC'ed on an email from one of our enrollment system partners to a client of mine that included a report of all the employees that are maxing out their family HSA, which was super helpful. We sent out an eblast to our clients but those are only helpful if the client reads them and then does the research.
  • No snow day for me here, but tomorrow possibly. The weather reports have been all over the place because the meteorologists can't figure out where the rain line will fall (isn't that part of their job?????). So we are either getting rain, 0 inches of snow, 2-3" of snow, 6-8" of snow, or 12+" of snow. Which is basically the weather in New England for all of February and most of March anyway. 
  • Domino's Pizza is on my s**t list right now.  I'm craving pasta with a white sauce, but only one place sells that super nearby and they want $14-$15.

Then it hits me.  Domino's has a Carbonara chicken pasta that is surprisingly delish for $6 PLUS Parmesan bread bites for another $3.  I'm giddy with excitement to place a delivery order.  How had I never thought of this before?  My entire work life changed in that breath-taking moment.  The order goes through just fine.

Only to get a phone call from them a few minutes later that they don't have a delivery driver at this time of day and I can only pick it up.  Maybe on another day that would be fine, but not today. 

So now I'm writing this post while slurping up Chunky soup Creamy Chicken Noodle.  What a sad, sad substitute, smh. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Domino's Pizza is on my s**t list right now.  I'm craving pasta with a white sauce, but only one place sells that super nearby and they want $14-$15.

Then it hits me.  Domino's has a Carbonara chicken pasta that is surprisingly delish for $6 PLUS Parmesan bread bites for another $3.  I'm giddy with excitement to place a delivery order.  How had I never thought of this before?  My entire work life changed in that breath-taking moment.  The order goes through just fine.

Only to get a phone call from them a few minutes later that they don't have a delivery driver at this time of day and I can only pick it up.  Maybe on another day that would be fine, but not today. 

So now I'm writing this post while slurping up Chunky soup Creamy Chicken Noodle.  What a sad, sad substitute, smh. 

WTF DOMINOS

So not the same.  You'll have to try again tomorrow!  If you're still craving it...

• Ugh, S&S, I'd be PISSED. Once I make up my mind and decide what to eat, everyone better get out the damn way.

I'm gaining weight and I'm pissed. Can't figure it out. 2 lbs. in 2 weeks. I seriously doubt it's muscle and some of my pants are tighter. I'm not eating any differently and I'm working out regularly.

Today H calls me at work and spends like 20 minutes bitching about his boss. How disorganized he is, how H depends on him for things and he forgets, shit like that. So I let him vent. Then I tell him that I know exactly how he feels because he does the same kind of shit to me with our household stuff (bills, cleaning, the basement is still all torn up from the water, etc). H's response? "Okay. Well I'll see you when I get home". No acknowledgement of what I said whatsoever. Jerk.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited March 2018

Tell her you have to paint a nursery. 

EDIT- damnit I responded before seeing other posts that beat me to this punchline. ;-) 

• kvruns said:
    @cupcait927 just a little shoptalk but I started thinking about some of our clients who give wellness incentives via HSA dollars where you earn the dollars throughout the year and it gets put in your HSA at the end of the year. We need to identify clients with those situations to make sure they research HSA elections accordingly. Just thought I'd mention it in case you have clients who operate like that too 
    We do and that's a good point that you bring up. We also have employer groups that give their employees HSA contributions at different intervals (some annual, some twice a year, one that's even per pay) and we need to be sure to educate those groups that they need to identify anyone who's maxing out between the employer and employee contribution.

I actually just got CC'ed on an email from one of our enrollment system partners to a client of mine that included a report of all the employees that are maxing out their family HSA, which was super helpful. We sent out an eblast to our clients but those are only helpful if the client reads them and then does the research.
    The bolded is the story of my life! We sent ours out yesterday but then are following up with some special groups with more instructions on what to do, what to look for, reports to run, etc. That got me thinking about groups with wellness HSA incentives which then sent me down another rabbit hole trying to think of all of the scenarios that could be affected. 

One caveat they need to think of is for someone over 55 they are ok as long as they elected less than $7850.  Meaning if someone elected $6900 but is over 55 they actually aren't affecting by the decrease since they are allowed to elect up to 7900
  • mrsconn23 said:

So little!  So white and fluffy!

My dream job would be "Chief Bottle Feeder" at a zoo.  My responsibilities would include holding and snuggling the baby animals, while I feed them with a bottle.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Anyone want to weigh in on a wedding dilemma? A friend invited me to an out of town overnight stay required black tie wedding without a date, and I don’t know a single other guest. Someone tell me to say no and not feel guilty about it?
    Tell her you have to paint a nursery. 

EDIT- damnit I responded before seeing other posts that beat me to this punchline. ;-) 
    Great minds ;)