Wedding Woes
Options

Fri-yay!

I'm so glad it's the end of this week.  I ended up quarreling with my manager yesterday in a staff meeting.  This place is so inefficient, it's just grating on my nerves.  I still really like my bosses and I like my job, this is just a very frustrating aspect.

I have lots of work this weekend too, but K and I are hitting up a new brunch spot and then going to see Wrinkle in Time on Sunday.  I'm so excited for that.

Re: Fri-yay!

• Options
    Working from home this morning; it's snowing and I'm still sick. I'm also frustrated with work @VarunaTT, inefficiency makes me crazy. We have a lot of that at the nonprofit, too. And an unwillingness to be introspective, even in the slightest. 

Seeing a few houses this weekend, hopefully one is the winner. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Right now I'm at a trampoline park with Max and a neighbor kid. Dh was supposed to be home at 1. Now it looks like he won't be home before 5. Which means I need to drag all 3 kids to soccer skills tonight. Ive got two conference calls this afternoon. I wonder if anyone would judge if I brought a flask. 

Tomorrow morning I'm  going to a craft fair. Our schools do 3rd grade Pioneer Days field trips. I need a fucking costume for me and 6let. Then crew game and out for m2's bday fun. 

Sunday church then m2 and I are going to a gymnastics meet at Osu 

i need a run run at some point. 

Yesterday I went to ikea. Max loves the play area so I wandered for an hour. I ended up with a chair, 3 throw pillows, and a bed pillow. Dh doesn't know:). If he'd come home yesterday I probably wouldn't have done it. Now I need a new storage ottoman. 
  • Options
    Wrinkle in time looks really good, @VarunaTT, hope it's worth it
    Good luck on the house search, @Charlotte989875, something will come up! Is it fun for you at least? House shopping was fun for me until I kept on losing bids.

I did something so stupid yesterday.  My surgeon ordered blood work/labs for me and it said "you can take them here or at a place like quest, etc". So without even checking, out of convenience (they open at 5 am!), I went to quest.  I used them before. on my OLD insurance card.  So she told me my co-pay and I thought it was high and called United Healthcare to see why it was so high?

Yeah, quest isn't in network with United.  So now I have to wait and see how much this bill will be and I can't stop thinking about how stupid I am for not making a call first.

• Options
    Damn @6fsn your scheduled makes me exhausted just reading it. 
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Right now I'm at a trampoline park with Max and a neighbor kid. Dh was supposed to be home at 1. Now it looks like he won't be home before 5. Which means I need to drag all 3 kids to soccer skills tonight. Ive got two conference calls this afternoon. I wonder if anyone would judge if I brought a flask. 

Tomorrow morning I'm  going to a craft fair. Our schools do 3rd grade Pioneer Days field trips. I need a fucking costume for me and 6let. Then crew game and out for m2's bday fun. 

Sunday church then m2 and I are going to a gymnastics meet at Osu 

i need a run run at some point. 

Yesterday I went to ikea. Max loves the play area so I wandered for an hour. I ended up with a chair, 3 throw pillows, and a bed pillow. Dh doesn't know:). If he'd come home yesterday I probably wouldn't have done it. Now I need a new storage ottoman. 
    You're a mom, I wouldn't. 

@VarunaTT, my gf and I are going to see Wrinkle on Sunday too. I don't get to see her much so we do movie days every once in a while. 

Tonight I'm going out with another gf who's taking me out for dinner and drinks because I babysat for her while she and her H went out for dinner and a movie last week. 

Next week is March Break and I'm trying to plan events for everyone to do.
  • Options
    YAY Friday!!

I want to take DefConn to see A Wrinkle in Time.  Maybe we'll do that Sunday. 

Yesterday was a cluster and a half.  DH's truck died as he went to leave work...it's probably the alternator or starter.   We're waiting for a call and an estimate.  Depending on the estimate, DH may DIY the job.  I ended up running all over creation because of this, but we went out to dinner and I had 2 beers.  

The kiddo's going to FIL's tomorrow.  My friend is going to come over and we're going to head to a bar to catch-up and have dinner.  The rest of the weekend is a toss-up.  I need to do at least one workout.  

Waiting for the calls/e-mails this afternoon about the timing the kids will be home due to the funeral procession for the fallen officer.  I'm still salty they're not releasing the kids at half day or just called off school for this.  Our town planners sucked, so closing off streets is a big ordeal.  Plus one of the main streets through town is already closed going one direction due to construction.  I told the kiddo to be prepared to be at work late.  I hope they understand, as this procession has been big news for the whole week. 
  • Options
    Wrinkle in time looks really good, @VarunaTT, hope it's worth it
    Good luck on the house search, @Charlotte989875, something will come up! Is it fun for you at least? House shopping was fun for me until I kept on losing bids.

I did something so stupid yesterday.  My surgeon ordered blood work/labs for me and it said "you can take them here or at a place like quest, etc". So without even checking, out of convenience (they open at 5 am!), I went to quest.  I used them before. on my OLD insurance card.  So she told me my co-pay and I thought it was high and called United Healthcare to see why it was so high?

Yeah, quest isn't in network with United.  So now I have to wait and see how much this bill will be and I can't stop thinking about how stupid I am for not making a call first.
    Ha, not really. It was at first, but now it just feels exhausting. 
  • Options

I hope I don't jinx myself, but we currently have two "potentials" for our vacancy.  One couple is local and they saw the place earlier in the week.  No application yet, but they texted my H that they would like to come back on Sat. to take measurements and even threw in a "they missed Izzy (our dog)"!  Boy, do they know how to "win friends and influence people" ;).  Saying something so sweet about my child dog, lol.  I wasn't home for the first showing, but H had really liked them.  Fortunately, I'll be able to meet them on Sat.

I had a phone conversation last night with a gentleman moving here (for a great job) from Kentucky.  We had a really good rapport, we even both commented on that!, and he sounded great.  He said he has narrowed it down to 4 places, but ours was one of his favorites.  He also said he's had some trouble with the other three places getting back to him, but was going to continue trying over the weekend.  He said he would get back to me on Mon. or Tues. with his decision (either way).

So that's my (hopefully) soon-to-be exciting news.

Other than that, I woke up at 5AM with a horrible, super low blood sugar.  Thankfully it doesn't happen often, but it's awful when it does.  It just makes my day start out so sh***y and now I'm also exhausted from losing an extra hour of sleep.  Fortunately, Fridays are my half day.  But I have SO much to do before I leave.  Ugh.  I just can't face it, but I must.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @6fsn, bring the flask.

My friend is over the moon that her kid's indoor baseball practice space sells beer.  ;) 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    @6fsn, bring the flask.

My friend is over the moon that her kid's indoor baseball practice space sells beer.  ;) 
    Yup, definitely take the flask. 
  • Options

I hope I don't jinx myself, but we currently have two "potentials" for our vacancy.  One couple is local and they saw the place earlier in the week.  No application yet, but they texted my H that they would like to come back on Sat. to take measurements and even threw in a "they missed Izzy (our dog)"!  Boy, do they know how to "win friends and influence people" ;).  Saying something so sweet about my child dog, lol.  I wasn't home for the first showing, but H had really liked them.  Fortunately, I'll be able to meet them on Sat.

I had a phone conversation last night with a gentleman moving here (for a great job) from Kentucky.  We had a really good rapport, we even both commented on that!, and he sounded great.  He said he has narrowed it down to 4 places, but ours was one of his favorites.  He also said he's had some trouble with the other three places getting back to him, but was going to continue trying over the weekend.  He said he would get back to me on Mon. or Tues. with his decision (either way).

So that's my (hopefully) soon-to-be exciting news.

Other than that, I woke up at 5AM with a horrible, super low blood sugar.  Thankfully it doesn't happen often, but it's awful when it does.  It just makes my day start out so sh***y and now I'm also exhausted from losing an extra hour of sleep.  Fortunately, Fridays are my half day.  But I have SO much to do before I leave.  Ugh.  I just can't face it, but I must.

yay for two potentials!
    when your BS is low, do you just eat a slice of bread or take O.J. or something with sugar or carbs?  

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    @6fsn, bring the flask.

My first Christmas in New Orleans, I went to a nearby mall to shop for presents.  There was a daiquiri place in the food court.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  I even went up and asked in wonder, "Is there...alcohol in those daiquiris?"  Yes, of course.

Oh Virgina, there is a Santa Claus!!!!  They even had a special frozen eggnog for the season.  I bought a large one of those.  Christmas shopping is so much more fun with a daiquiri, in hand :).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    @6fsn, bring the flask.

My first Christmas in New Orleans, I went to a nearby mall to shop for presents.  There was a daiquiri place in the food court.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  I even went up and asked in wonder, "Is there...alcohol in those daiquiris?"  Yes, of course.

Oh Virgina, there is a Santa Claus!!!!  They even had a special frozen eggnog for the season.  I bought a large one of those.  Christmas shopping is so much more fun with a daiquiri, in hand :).

I loved New Orleans for the abundance of places to buy alcohol in random places. Also, the option to take drinks "to go" in the Quarter. 
  • Options
    Oh no, @short+sassy!  That sucks. :(  I know that a low blood sugar episode wears my dad out real quick (we've always called them 'reactions' in my family).
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    mrsconn23 said:
    @6fsn, bring the flask.

Our other indoor place should sells beer. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    @6fsn, bring the flask.

I loved New Orleans for the abundance of places to buy alcohol in random places. Also, the option to take drinks "to go" in the Quarter. 

Alcohol is also allowed to be sold 24/7 in bars, restaurants, stores, wherever alcohol is sold.  This isn't true for all of Louisiana, but it is in Orleans and Jefferson  parishes

Fun facts about open containers and daiquiris in Louisiana...the home of drive-thru daiquiri shops.

If you have a daiquiri in your car, but there is either no straw in it or the straw in it still has a covering on top of it (like part of the paper wrapping the straw had), that is NOT an open container.

BUT, if you have a daiquiri in your car, with a straw in it and no covering for the drinkie end.  That's an open container and a DUI, even if you are totally sober.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Yay for drinking. All the places.

I loved looking at houses. Got exhausting by the end but I enjoyed most of it.

Dinner with the ILs last night was really nice. No drama and a lot of fun with them and their friends. Their friends might join my team for the pancreatic cancer walk we're doing this summer, so that'll be cool.

Getting my hair trimmed tonight. Hopefully she won't have to take much. Then nothing else all weekend. Gotta get a desk organized and hoping to do taxes. H will be working a lot so it'll be just me for the cleaning and cooking and no-fun weekend stuff.

I'm going to try Walmart's grocery thing where you order online and they even load everything into your car. I need to get our grocery budget under control and I think this might be a good way to do it.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Yay for no drama @ShesSoCold

@short+sassy I hope the tenants work out! And that sucks about the low blood sugar. 

@CharmedPam I would be so annoyed with Quest. I think every time I’ve gone I’ve given them my card and then they’ve let me know about estimated cost before hand and told me what isn’t covered. Did they do any of that with you? 

@6fsn take the flask. 

@charlotte989875 sending good vibes for house hunting. It really does get exhausting. And then you remember when it was fun and it makes you even more grumpy and resentful. 

Today is my Sunday. I work the next four days in a row because apparently I hate myself and decided to schedule it that way. Work wanted me to come in yesterday and today but I couldn’t do it. I’m excited for next week though (after I’m done working). 

We saw Black Panther last night. It was good  And we got to go to Yard House for Happy Hour beforehand. I forgot how decently priced it is. $6 for a whole plate of chicken nachos. Yes. 

• Options
    levioosa said:

@short+sassy I hope the tenants work out! And that sucks about the low blood sugar. 

@CharmedPam I would be so annoyed with Quest. I think every time I’ve gone I’ve given them my card and then they’ve let me know about estimated cost before hand and told me what isn’t covered. Did they do any of that with you? 

@6fsn take the flask. 

@charlotte989875 sending good vibes for house hunting. It really does get exhausting. And then you remember when it was fun and it makes you even more grumpy and resentful. 

Today is my Sunday. I work the next four days in a row because apparently I hate myself and decided to schedule it that way. Work wanted me to come in yesterday and today but I couldn’t do it. I’m excited for next week though (after I’m done working). 

We saw Black Panther last night. It was good  And we got to go to Yard House for Happy Hour beforehand. I forgot how decently priced it is. $6 for a whole plate of chicken nachos. Yes. 
    No.  And my SIL works at a hospital so I told her my story and she's like "oh, I would have told you United doesn't use quest in network!"  so I think it's common among the medical field.  You'd think when I handed her my card she could have said "I can still do the testing for you, but just so you know, we're not in network with United" or something? right?  But, can't blame her - it's my responsibility to check that out.  

There's a few Yard Houses in chicagoland area, but nothing close to me.  I remember LOVING their sweet potato fries. mmmm.  That's a great price for nacho's.  Or any food really.

• Options
    My mom is coming to visit this weekend and help me get some freezer meals together for post-baby. If anyone has good freezer meal ideas/recipes send them my way or inbox me! 

Otherwise, I'm WFH today and trying really hard to get a deliverable done and out so I can take a lunch break nap!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Taco meat freezes well.  You could make a big batch and then divide it into a meal or two.  Enchiladas could also be made ahead and frozen.

You could also make lasagna rolls.  

Homemade spaghetti sauce (I use my leftover spaghetti sauce for these, so you could do a double batch of spaghetti sauce for a spaghetti dinner and then this) OR  the 'quick route': 1 jar of marinara and 1 lb of ground beef
    Box of lasagna noodles
    1 lb of ricotta
    1 medium onion
    1 zucchini
    1 egg
    shredded mozzarella cheese (at least a cup, but more of course, because cheese)
    3 tbsp olive oil
    salt and pepper

reheat spaghetti sauce or brown ground beef and add marinara and simmer
    boil lasagna noodles to al dente, toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil and lay flat on sheet pan
    chop onion and zucchini (you can also add mushrooms, but I don't)
    heat other 2 tbsp of olive oil in medium pan
    add onion and zucchini and saute until softened
    remove from heat and fold in egg and ricotta, season with salt and pepper
    place small amount of sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish
    spread cheese mixture onto lasagna noodle and roll it up and place it on top of the sauce in the baking dish, repeat for all noodles
    spread rest of sauce on top
    spread shredded mozzarella on top
    cover tightly and freeze
    allow to thaw at least half way and then bake at 400 for at least 35 min (could require closer to 45 depending on oven), covered with foil
    remove foil and bake at least 10 more minutes
    let cool for 15 min and then enjoy.  ;) 

• Options
    levioosa said:

@6fsn take the flask. 

No.  And my SIL works at a hospital so I told her my story and she's like "oh, I would have told you United doesn't use quest in network!"  so I think it's common among the medical field.  You'd think when I handed her my card she could have said "I can still do the testing for you, but just so you know, we're not in network with United" or something? right?  But, can't blame her - it's my responsibility to check that out.  

There's a few Yard Houses in chicagoland area, but nothing close to me.  I remember LOVING their sweet potato fries. mmmm.  That's a great price for nacho's.  Or any food really.
    And that’s a small fraction of why insurance companies are complete BS. I’m not coding stuff yet, but very soon I will be, and I’m so stressed about coding correctly, making sure people can afford services, and prescribing the medications that they can afford, which doesn’t always translate to the best med for their condition. It’s such crap. They should have brought that up to you though. I don’t think you should put that all on yourself. 

I’ll have to try their sweet potato fries next time! 

• Options
    My mom is coming to visit this weekend and help me get some freezer meals together for post-baby. If anyone has good freezer meal ideas/recipes send them my way or inbox me! 

Otherwise, I'm WFH today and trying really hard to get a deliverable done and out so I can take a lunch break nap!

I don't have my recipes handy, but I make huge batches of red sauce and meatballs (cooked) and freeze those. Then I can slap together spaghetti and meatballs any time. I also freeze lasagnas (since it's just two of us, I buy the disposable aluminum pans and use the smaller loaf pans, not the huge lasagna ones).
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    mrsconn23 said:
    Taco meat freezes well.  You could make a big batch and then divide it into a meal or two.  Enchiladas could also be made ahead and frozen.

You could also make lasagna rolls.  

Homemade spaghetti sauce (I use my leftover spaghetti sauce for these, so you could do a double batch of spaghetti sauce for a spaghetti dinner and then this) OR  the 'quick route': 1 jar of marinara and 1 lb of ground beef
    Box of lasagna noodles
    1 lb of ricotta
    1 medium onion
    1 zucchini
    1 egg
    shredded mozzarella cheese (at least a cup, but more of course, because cheese)
    3 tbsp olive oil
    salt and pepper

reheat spaghetti sauce or brown ground beef and add marinara and simmer
    boil lasagna noodles to al dente, toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil and lay flat on sheet pan
    chop onion and zucchini (you can also add mushrooms, but I don't)
    heat other 2 tbsp of olive oil in medium pan
    add onion and zucchini and saute until softened
    remove from heat and fold in egg and ricotta, season with salt and pepper
    place small amount of sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish
    spread cheese mixture onto lasagna noodle and roll it up and place it on top of the sauce in the baking dish, repeat for all noodles
    spread rest of sauce on top
    spread shredded mozzarella on top
    cover tightly and freeze
    allow to thaw at least half way and then bake at 400 for at least 35 min (could require closer to 45 depending on oven), covered with foil
    remove foil and bake at least 10 more minutes
    let cool for 15 min and then enjoy.  ;) 

LOL Mrsconn - great minds think alike and so do ours!
  • Options
    Ha, I was about to suggest freezing homemade spaghetti sauce too. I’m overdue to make some as well. It’s a days worth of work for me (the Italian way) but then it’s so worth it when I’m grumpy and hungry and don’t want to cook.  

• Options
    I freeze pulled bbq pork/chicken and use it to top baked potatoes or make sandwiches later.  Any homemade broth soup or chili freezes really well too. I dump the frozen soup block in a pot and heat from frozen too.  Beef stew freezes really well too.
  • Options
    Oh no!  I was just reading on Yahoo that Toys R' Us might be closing ALL of its US stores.  I know they've been in trouble for a long time.  But still, the end of an era (sniff, sniff).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have so much to do and very little motivation.  It doesn't help that my day started by dealing with an idiot.  We have exclusive rights to a county owned property - I had a tour there this morning.  The maintenance man interrupts by saying I don't want to interrupt, ends up knowing people in common with my prospective clients, I'm annoyed but whatever.  He then joins us on the tour - go away, and contradicts me on allowing tape on the walls- shut up.

Then, the cherry on the top - he then tells me he's going to start locking my office door for me.  I kindly explain that I have nothing of value there, and I don't even have a key.  I have to debate him for 5 minutes, including a demo of my key not working before he goes away.  Ugh!

Tonight is a girls night for a friends birthday and we have a wedding tomorrow.  I'm tired and just want to snuggle my pup and watch chick flicks.
  • Options
    Oh no!  I was just reading on Yahoo that Toys R' Us might be closing ALL of its US stores.  I know they've been in trouble for a long time.  But still, the end of an era (sniff, sniff).
    It IS sad and the end of an era. 

My mom worked for Kids R' Us from close to it's inception through the time the stand-alone operation went out of business and was enveloped into TRU stores.  We moved here to Indy because they transferred her here. 

My mom still has TON of Geoffrey Giraffes that she received during her tenure there and the kiddo has a TRU duffel bag that my mom got as a corporate gift and gave to me.  

We were truly "Toys R' Us" kids growing up!