Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Stella York 6245

awilson17awilson17 member
First Anniversary
edited March 2018 in Attire & Accessories Forum
Does anyone have this dress and did you get it hemmed  if so pictures please!! I have been told it came be done for under $600 so I am stressing!!!

Re: Stella York 6245

• Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2018
    awilson17 said:
    Does anyone have this dress and did you get it hemmed  if so pictures please!! I have been told it came be done for under $600 so I am stressing!!!

I do not have this dress. That said, as a sewer, I am not at all surprised at that price for hemming. This dress is going to be really hard to hem. 

I don't see a seam anywhere, and so I don't see how it could be hemmed without taking the entire lace overlay off. 

When you have a dress, or anything really, with that kind of lace detailing, you can't do a regular hem where you just cut a couple inches off and then fold the raw edge under and sew it down. You have to shorten it by undoing the closest seam and taking it up there. Often, there is a waist seam and it can be taken up, but this dress doesn't seem to have a horizontal seam anywhere. 

I would take it places and get a quote if you can from a seamstress. I know this isn't want you want to here. I'm sorry. If you don't have the funds, you may have to cut your wedding budget elsewhere. Good places to do that are cheaper wedding invitations, eliminating favors, cheaper veil/shoes/jewelry and simplifying decor.