Attire & Accessories Forum

Help me decide! #dress

Help! I bought my dress a couple months ago and I love it, but today I had the urge to try on more dresses. (I know, I know) I fell in love with another one and now can't decide between the two.
I would have to sell the one I already purchased, but ultimately I'm OK w that. I just want to WOW.
Dress I already purchased is strapless, lace, has detachabl lace train secured with a sparkly belt.
Dress from today has lace illusion sleeves and illusion back. I'm so torn!  Wedding will be outdoors April 28 and I small, informal, country chic. Fiance is wearing jeans and boots and a nice collared shirt. I'l be wearing boots as well. 

Re: Help me decide! #dress

• They’re both great, but going solely on the ideas you mentioned (country, denim etc), the dress you chose first fits best with that. 

The illusion sleeve one is beautiful, but I would imagine that at a black tie wedding. 

(That bring said, there is no need for the bride to match the wedding aesthetic- just if that was important to you.)

• They’re both great so unless you have money to burn stick with the one you’ve already paid for
  • I agree with LondonLisa. Neither really says informal and country to me (that's ok and often the case with formal attire at weddings), but I definitely think the one you already have goes more that direction. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Both are beautiful but I prefer your original dress.
  • You look happier in your original dress. Stick with it and stop dress shopping. There will always be ‘another’ dress. 
  • Dress one fits what you described as you aesthetic more. 
  • You look happy in the first dress. Keep it and quit trying on other dresses. There is nothing to be gained from going back to dress shopping less than 2 months before your wedding when you already have something that you love.
  • I also prefer your original dress, plus you look WAY happier in it. I'll be honest, the one with sleeves just reminds me of a white lace version of Morticia Addams' dress.
    *********************************************************************************

• You are wearing a formal wedding dress, but your FI is wearing jeans?  :/ Well, OK.  I think our original dress is beautiful.  I have issues with the jeans, though.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    You are wearing a formal wedding dress, but your FI is wearing jeans?  :/ Well, OK.  I think our original dress is beautiful.  I have issues with the jeans, though.
    In my area, there are more weddings with boots and jeans than suits. For the people that wear them, it is part of their life. 
  • ernursej said:
    CMGragain said:
    You are wearing a formal wedding dress, but your FI is wearing jeans?  :/ Well, OK.  I think our original dress is beautiful.  I have issues with the jeans, though.
    In my area, there are more weddings with boots and jeans than suits. For the people that wear them, it is part of their life. 
    I am all for wedding with boots and jeans! Weddings don't have to be formal! It just always seems a bit odd when a couple who are joining lives and becoming partners for life can't agree on the formality of their wedding and the woman is dressed in a formal gown and the man is in jeans.  :/
  • Both dresses look beautiful. Purely my opinion, I actually like the new wedding dress for the wedding you described.

To me, your other dress while it does have lace on it as well, it seems like the material beneath looks like satin or material like that. It gives it a very formal and structured look to it. While the new one is also formal, there's a nice flow in the fabric (more tulle or something) and it'll flow when you walk. When I think or see outdoor weddings you described, I think of brides with nice flowing lace dresses.

The sleeves are a nice touch as well. However, April can be a fun month with weather, depending on you are. If it's too hot, the sleeves might be too much (although it is illusion).

This is my opinion though, but I do agree with to stop shopping once you've made up your mind since there will always be a dress that catches your eye.
  • I think you're going to look great in anything.   Don't over think it.  You like the dress and it works for your look - go with it!  
  • You will WOW in either one :).  They're both beautiful dresses and you look great in each one.  I think they're also fairly close to the same level of formality.

If you clearly loved the second dress more than the first one, I'd say go with the second one.

But it sounds like you love them both and are just having trouble deciding.  In that case, stick to the first dress that you already bought.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the strapless one and you look Happy in that one.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I like the strapless one and you look Happy in that one.
    Welcome to The Knot.  

When you respond to a post, please look at the date of the original poster.  In this case, this thread began in March.  The poster married in April.  Most threads are considered “dead” after about 6 months.  In this case, although it has not been 6 months, the original poster has made a decision and married.  

This will just help you navigate your way around the boards.