Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Grace Loves Lace

Does anyone have experience with buying a Grace Loves Lace dress? I've fallen in love with their Soho dress, but the idea of buying it without trying it on first makes me cringe. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks,

Ruth

Re: Grace Loves Lace

• Options
    I would never buy a dress as important as a wedding gown without being able to try it on first. Especially one that costs over $2K.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I have to agree with @southernbelle0915. I buy pretty much all my clothes online now, but I never would've gone that route for a wedding dress. You can't be sure from a picture how something will actually look on you, and I would not recommend taking that risk on a dress this expensive, especially since the return policies on wedding dresses tend to be VERY strict (and Grace Loves Lace appears to be no exception to that).

• Options
    Yeah, I think the fact that they have no try-at-home program is crazy. I love that dress, but yeah, it's probably not worth the risk
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2018
    I bought my dress without ever trying it or any other wedding dress on. I was very happy with it and still am. I bought mine from simplybridal.com. I think it's very possible to do it and be pleased, but there are two big things to keep in mind. 

You need to pick something that is pretty universally flattering (like an a-line) and like or a dress type you already know is flattering and you like. Have you worn a long and slim dress like that before and know you'll like it? If you haven't worn that style before and just think you'll like it, are you willing to risk that you won't like it and being out the money or wear it anyway even if you don't?

Similar to the above, really think about the design details and if you know you'll like them and be willing to wear them. That dress shows a lot of cleavage, are you ok with that? Think about how it will look on you. If you're bustier, it will look different. The open back, do you know you like open backs? Have you worn them frequently? Are you ok with going braless? Have you gone braless for several hours to know what it feels like? Do you know what your back looks like, and are you ok with it being exposed? If you buy the dress and put it on, are you going to be happy with how your back looks? Due to the all over lace, that dress can't be hemmed without a lot of expense and work. Are you ok with changing your shoes up (wearing higher or lower heels) if the dress ends up with the length a little off?

It's important to really think through those questions before ordering online.