Attire & Accessories Forum

Needing HELP! accessorizing Allure 9254

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone out there has accessorized plain sweetheart neckline dresses. I purchased the Allure 9254 gown in the hopes of adding some “bling” but cannot seem to find any. I do not like belts, which is the majority of the options I have seen and were given at the bridal store. Does anyone know of any sweetheart appliqué they make that could be added onto the neckline? I purchased an applique off of amazon but feel that the stones are too big and would cheapen the look of the dress. I searched around and found one picture on another site from a couple years ago, and it’s more like what I had in mind. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated! :) thanks in advance! 

Re: Needing HELP! accessorizing Allure 9254

• Is this the dress?  Honestly, I would not add a belt.  I think it cuts off the dress and ruins the sleek line of it.  I would wear a fascinator to maintain the line and keep the eye moving upward from the voluminous bottom.  I might wear a shorter necklace that mimics the sweetheart neckline and stops/drops exactly at the middle of the collar bone.

I can't tell whether you would want a delicate piece or a chunkier look, since I am a minimalist when it comes to jewelry. 
  • I second NOT adding a belt. I'm getting a little fatigued on this accessory in general.

Your dress IS a statement so I would keep the jewelry understated - like drop earrings and a simple necklace. If it makes sense with your hair, I would get extensions and go half up, half down with a blingy hair accessory. Keep the make up natural with a touch of drama.
    *********************************************************************************