Wedding Woes

Anyone around today?

I can't be the only poor sap at work. I'm friends with one of the managers and I told him this morning that I'm counting on him to get the owner to let us leave early. The owner is cool and usually lets us but sometimes he just forgets.

I worked out this morning! 3/5 days this week. Now to keep that going for the next, oh ya know, 35 years.

Tonight we're meeting some friends for drinks and pizzas. They're actually my mom's best friend from high school, Ellen, and her two daughters and their husbands. We call them The Ellens and I think it's hilarious.

Tomorrow H's entire family is coming over for Easter. I've got my awesome pasta salad and onion dip already made. Gotta crank out cookies, cakes, pesto crostinis and burgers tomorrow morning while H cleans the house. I'm looking forward to it, though. A lot of that family is cool and his aunt is coming and I ADORE her. I'm hoping they stay later and we can all just sit around and drink and shit talk.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Anyone around today?

• I'm around.  Still on Spring Break, so I can actually get to TK at a decent time.  DH is staying home today, so it's crepes for breakfast.  Today is his birthday, but no plans other than going to see Ready Player One tonight.  He's pretty pumped about that

I hope you get to go home early.  There can't be much happening in the work world today

• I'm here! I have my monthly half day today, so I will be leaving at Noon to go get my car inspected (what an exciting life I lead!! lol)

I'm still battling this awful cold, so I am debating whether to muster up the courage to sweat it out at the gym or go home and watch a movie and nap before picking up Babypants. 

Tomorrow my parents are coming over for Easter dinner, and then we are going down the Cape to my in-laws house for Easter dinner v2. Neither H nor I eat lamb, so to avoid having a very hamtastic weekend, we will branch out and serve roasted pork tenderloin for dinner tomorrow. 

I got Babypants an Easter basket from PBK and have put books, construction paper and jumbo crayons (she just started coloring at school and LOVES IT), and a fabulous stuffed flamingo in her basket from the Easter Bunny. 
  • It’s a holiday here so I’m lazing at home. Nothing is open so it’s not like I can run errands or anything. 

I’m always fascinated that you guys don’t get a lot of holidays off. Even when I worked in Restaurants, we were always closed Good Friday. 
  • It’s a holiday here so I’m lazing at home. Nothing is open so it’s not like I can run errands or anything. 

I’m always fascinated that you guys don’t get a lot of holidays off. Even when I worked in Restaurants, we were always closed Good Friday. 
    I'm impressed!  Good Friday is recognized in most of our school systems as a need to have a non-student attendance day, but that's about it. 

I tend to lay low on Good Friday.  I hit up church and attend Stations, but otherwise try to stay home, and perhaps get a head start on preparations for the foods I bring to our Easter family gathering.
  • I'm at work today but lots of people aren't here.
  • I’m here. My day just went from being really chill to being a cluster. Tomorrow I have a baby shower that 150 people were invited to. That should be fun. I work Sunday. I’m trying to stay positive and think that it’s going to be a new week soon, with new opportunities. 

I need to go to See’s to get my favorite chocolate at some point. It’s what Easter is all about, right? 

• I am here. DH is off today and went to get started on his newest tattoo. I’m anxiously waiting for him to get home so I can see it. 

I just ran to the store with DefConn. Of course, DH knew I was going to the store, but tried to make plans to get pizza for lunch with the kiddo. I kiboshed that one since we have all the food. Ha. 

I have to work tomorrow. Staycation is over. We’re hosting Easter. I just bought the biggest ham I could find so that there’s leftovers. I love Easter ham so damn much. 
  • I'm off at one job, but the University is open so I'm teaching (and giving an exam). I have a big conference next week (hence the trip to Chicago) so I'm working on finishing up work for that. So much excitement.

H and I got into a disagreement last night about houses. The farm house is out, needs too much work but H came home and was all "we're not doing it" and that pissed me off. I get if we have to say no, but at least let me ask questions about why. Also there are a ton of things I said about the market and locations, like a month ago, that he shot down and would actually not even consider that now he's gung-ho about. I tried really hard to not say "I told you so and you didn't listen to me" but I couldn't. So we didn't have a great night last night and I'm exhausted. 
  • MobKaz said:
    It’s a holiday here so I’m lazing at home. Nothing is open so it’s not like I can run errands or anything. 

I'm impressed!  Good Friday is recognized in most of our school systems as a need to have a non-student attendance day, but that's about it. 

I tend to lay low on Good Friday.  I hit up church and attend Stations, but otherwise try to stay home, and perhaps get a head start on preparations for the foods I bring to our Easter family gathering.
    It’s a Stat holiday in Canada and most places are closed (mainly because they don’t want to pay time and a half on top of Stat pay). Kids in school get Monday off too. 
  • What's your H getting, Mrsconn?

I've received one email that required me to do something today. One. I've been playing monopoly on my ipad in my lap.

And my sister emailed me saying she's off at 3 and going to my house. If we're here until 5, it will be so hard to sit here doing nothing knowing that my sister is sitting at my house drinking.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Aaaaaaaaaaaand there's children here. I work in the basement (garden level, they like to call it) and it sounds like a bowling alley upstairs with kids running around and yelling and screaming. I'm down here all

Nervous Chewing Gum GIF

• I didn't even know it was a religious holiday today, so there you go. I forgot about Easter until my mother and K's cousin brought it up.  We were both like, Oh yeah, church people!

Score more winning points for my charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent! I've felt like I was losing the Pride battle, but the committee met last night and were in awe of all I'd accomplished and I was like...I forgot, I'm good at this, my previous amazing Co-Chair and I fought this sucker into submission and structure, and even if new Co-Chair blows the big one, we got this.  :smile:  List of things to do this weekend too.

No big plans for this weekend.  We're staying at my parents to take care of the dogs and give my parents a break (beagle has become kind of a special needs dog), but not much else.
  • @VarunaTT that made me laugh because MIL complained that we weren't taking Easter seriously enough.  H was like, well, we're not Christian so....
    We also each have full time + jobs, plus the campaign and two funerals in the last 6 weeks.  Easter hasn't exactly been a priority!

I'm slightly worse for the wear today and worth it!  I'm going to have to get some work done sometime this weekend though, since I'm taking Wednesday off for H's big Pistons prize.  We get two nights stay in a hotel downtown, and we need couple time so it'll be great.

I also need to fit in painting my trim and windows this weekend too since my blind came in!  You know you're 38 when you're excited about blinds.

Also, on a cute note:  Yesterday was S's birthday - so she woke up the Nugget and told her.  Nugget looked at her thoughtfully, and after a minute said "No."  She argued with her all day that it wasn't her birthday - she is something else!

@ShesSoCold I used to live in a Garden Level and the couple above me were nicknamed Anvil Feet and the Thumper, so I feel you!

@mrsconn23 pics of the ink please!

@charlotte989875 I hope you guys find something soon so you can get out of Funk Town and have some enjoyable time with the Hubs.
  • I worked today but I'm ready to be done!   Also, I've been doing the fasting thing and tried to also sacrifice on the small level like drink my coffee black when I really love my creamer.

It's also a no-meat day and about 20 minutes ago I found myself scanning the menu of a restaurant that features burgers bourbon and beer.   

I really really really really want a burger.