Wedding Woes

Friday!

Finally! Plus, the weather is outstanding. 

We took a walk last night, we slept with the windows open, we turned on fans. It. Was. Glorious. 

What is on tap for the weekend?

Tonight: prep for DefConn's bday party
Tomorrow: DefConn's bday party
Sunday: No idea.  

I wish we had time to run down to Cincy to get our hands on the new baby, but we'll have to wait until next weekend. 

Re: Friday!

• @mrsconn23 So jealous of your nice weather!

We have the potential for a pretty serious ice storm here this weekend. H and I are running in a relay race tomorrow morning with his family and it's supposed to rain all morning and turn to freezing rain in the afternoon. More freezing rain overnight that could cause damage to trees and power lines. Every time H and I run a race together, the weather is absolutely awful. I'm already nervous about the forecast for the half marathon we're running in May in Maine.

Other than that, not a whole lot going on. Trying out a pot roast recipe in my Instant Pot tonight. Best kitchen appliance I have ever bought. Sunday will be a whole lot of doing nothing if it's raining all day like they say it's going to.
  • @mrsconn23 So jealous of your nice weather!

We have the potential for a pretty serious ice storm here this weekend. H and I are running in a relay race tomorrow morning with his family and it's supposed to rain all morning and turn to freezing rain in the afternoon. More freezing rain overnight that could cause damage to trees and power lines. Every time H and I run a race together, the weather is absolutely awful. I'm already nervous about the forecast for the half marathon we're running in May in Maine.

Other than that, not a whole lot going on. Trying out a pot roast recipe in my Instant Pot tonight. Best kitchen appliance I have ever bought. Sunday will be a whole lot of doing nothing if it's raining all day like they say it's going to.
    Same here. We had about 3 hours of really nice weather yesterday. It was fabulous. People were in shorts and flip-flops. 

I'm just hoping that the ice holds off until we are done what we need to do tomorrow. 
  • It is going to be 80 today!  And 80 tomorrow!  The temp will dip into the 40s on Tuesday, but otherwise, we are going to be in the 60s!  I hope Spring sticks around!  I like her better than all the other crap weather we have been having!

I'm hoping work will be quiet today.  I do have some projects to do, but it should not be urgent or rush work.

I bought our Disney tickets yesterday and things are getting ready!  The website tells me we have 48 days until vacation, but its actually 45 because we are starting our FL vacation in Bradenton first!  Woohoo!  It can't come soon enough!

Not much this weekend.  We must clean the bathrooms.  H will change MILs oil in her car tomorrow.  We will hit up church and the out to dinner.  Sunday we are making plans to meet up with Hs friends for a movie.

• We're in for some crap weather also. Apparently worst is gonna be on Saturday, which I'm really hoping for so we can just get all our crap done then and Sunday relax and have decent weather to celebrate MIL's bday.

First prenatal class last night. I wanted to go more for M's benefit, because I can almost guarantee I will not remember much.
    This one was about L&D, so it went over options about medication. Short version, epidural is on the list but I don't want it as first option. M knows this, but now we can basically make a list of options and how we'd like to play it out {ie; fill out forms for epidural, but only if I opt for it}

Saturday's plan is mainly cleaning and M working on the work bench. I wanna get some vacuuming and clean the bathrooms. Laundry too likely.
  • Finally spring here! Going to check out the cherry blossoms. 
  • Happy Friday the 13th!

Today and Monday are going to be great work days for me because both my annoying coworkers are out.

:::insert the same dance gif I used when I found out my heat was back on:::

• Clinic again. By the end of today I’ll have done  83 hours since last Thursday. I feel like I live there. And there was so much pink eye yesterday. So. Much. I wanted to burn down the clinic because it didn’t feel like there was enough sanitizer in the world to clean it. 

After I finish clinic tomorrow we’re going up the mountain to see FI’s parents and do a movie night. he’s going to head up early so I’m most likely going to catch a ride with FSIL. I hope I don’t get car sick. We finally are getting rid of one of the couches from my apartment. Thank goodness. 

• Work then a relaxing weekend by myself. H is going fishing all weekend so I'm planning to catch up on work and rest. A have a long run tomorrow (18 miles) but other than that just working and sleeping. 
  • Yesterday was gorgeous here too. I spent the entire day in a hotel conference room. :(

I had to go to a class with 2 coworkers. I don't dislike them, but FFS the judgey is exhausting. They just basically went around and shat-talked everyone in the office that they don't like for basically everything. A lot about people's cars. "Well she must have gotten a big inheritance because she just got a new car". "Wow, I wonder what HR is making since she just bought a Jag. I wouldn't even WANT a car that expensive!" I tried not to be a dick but I'm like "Do we know what her husband does? Because I wouldn't have been able to purchase my dinky cheap ass car on my own income..". Crickets. UGH I just get so tired of the constant judgment of people for things that have no effect on anyone else.

H and I are going to a leather making class on Sunday. I found it on Living Social and H was all excited. Should be fun and something different.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • K was honest with me when we started dating about their bipolar II (what Mariah Carey just discussed publicly) and ADHD diagnoses.  I'm unfamiliar with the patterns though and didn't recognize some signs that have been cropping up, until K melted down on Wednesday.  It's starting to mess with school, which is throwing all sorts of other panic triggers into motion (which by the way, nursing school is med school, with just less support and money than doctors get.  I really had no idea how intense this would be). 

They signed up for a personal tutoring session for today to help with school, they started back up their ADHD prescription this morning, signed up this morning for a new PCP appointment so that they can get a renewed prescription for all the things, and we're ordering the medical records from the previous prescribing doctor.  In the meantime, derby called for an additional practice this weekend and they have a load of homework.  So, we're locking down this weekend and staying home.  And I'm really proud of them (and happy for myself) for not freezing into place about this and pushing forward.

With all of this, I really don't have that much going on myself.  I'm forcing myself to do work and community work right now.  I've got some dissatisfaction, but I can't pinpoint exactly where or why, so until I can, I'll just keep pushing forward.  *shrug*  Oh and it's supposed to SNOW here this weekend.  I try not to complain about the weather too much b/c what can you really do, but c'mon...it was beautiful all week and now that i could maybe go outside and get some sunshine, it's gone.
  • Varuna, yes, I agree you both should be very proud that you both were able to recognize the signs and make (HUGE) steps in a positive direction. I obviously can't speak for K but for me, having that good support and a partner who is sympathetic and helpful in my times of panic and depression is extremely helpful for me.

I was diagnosed with something like "severe depression recurrence" years ago after they decided it wasn't bipolar since I never really get the highs. I will never forget my boyfriend, when I was 16, requesting an appointment with my therapist so he could learn how to help me. It had never occurred to me before that the people around me could help and respond to my "craziness" in a positive and helpful way.

I can't imagine how hard it is on someone to watch their partner when they're in a bad place like that. And I bet it's even harder to learn and find the responses that are helpful for them. You sound like a fantastic partner and K is lucky to have you.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Dang, V.  That's a lot.  I'm glad you are working together.

I am so sore from yesterday's work out and run.  BUT I am 20 lbs lighter than my driver's license says.  I lied on that.

Today is GORGEOUS.  Max and I are meeting friends at a park this afternoon.  Tonight we're grilling burgers and corn on the cob and playing outside until dark.  Big shock this weekend is sports- 4 soccer, games, 2 baseball practices, and 1 lacrosse game.

I kind of feel like a one trick pony lately:(

• @ShesSoCold Leather making? You have peaked my interest and curiosity ....
  • @VarunaTT H is bipolar type II as well. He was diagnosed last January and we went through a LOT during the first six months. He's still struggling, mainly because he misses his manic periods and the motivation that came with it, and I'm still trying to learn and remind myself every day on how I can be more supportive. I'm glad that they are taking all of the right steps and and they have a supportive partner in you.

Well, "making" probably isn't the correct word. But it's a 2 hour class and we're making either a clutch, a belt or a cuff. As many expensive hobbies as H has, he'd have 100 more if he had the time/money and leather working would be one of 'em.

Well, "making" probably isn't the correct word. But it's a 2 hour class and we're making either a clutch, a belt or a cuff. As many expensive hobbies as H has, he'd have 100 more if he had the time/money and leather working would be one of 'em.
    Still sounds neat :)