Wedding Woes

I need gift ideas

Our 13 year anniversary is Monday- lace.  I got him lingerie for Valentine's, Christmas, and our last anniversary! 

His 41st bday.

His hobbies are sports and booze.  I'm going to see if I can find a 13 year whiskey or something, but beyond that I have no clue.

Re: I need gift ideas

• my mall (and yes I hate malls) has sports store that actually has come great ideas.
    So what you do is go in that, walk around, and find what you like.  Then amazon it for cheaper.

• What sports?   Could you do tickets somewhere?    
  • Wedding anniversary ideas:
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/market/13th_anniversary

Uses lace but differently :)

As for his bday, what about a flask with a fave sports team engraved?
  • For the anniversary, wrap a bottle of booze he likes in lace, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I feel like I always get him booze and lingerie! 

We have season tickets for the Crew, the Blue Jackets are done, the Browns suck and the Reds are no better.  Those tickets are also more than I can afford.

I think it's too late for etsy.  His bday is May 3.

• 6fsn said:

We have season tickets for the Crew, the Blue Jackets are done, the Browns suck and the Reds are no better.  Those tickets are also more than I can afford.

That's H's 40th birthday!!! Small world!!!

I think you should get him a special whisky and maybe a custom jersey from one of his favorite teams? And wear lace while he's opening his gifts lol. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    6fsn said:

I think you should get him a special whisky and maybe a custom jersey from one of his favorite teams? And wear lace while he's opening his gifts lol. 

Pretty sure the kids wouldn't appreciate seeing me in lace!  A Brown's jersey might not be bad.  Selfishly I hate seeing him in all that shit though.
  • 6fsn said:
    6fsn said:

Pretty sure the kids wouldn't appreciate seeing me in lace!  A Brown's jersey might not be bad.  Selfishly I hate seeing him in all that shit though.
    LOL forgot about the small detail of kids witnessing the gift opening. Whoopsies. Are there any concerts coming up in your area? Does he like to grill? 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Is the 13th anniversary gift lace?  Or are some of you the wife my H probably dreams about with all the lace/lingerie mentions??  :D

For a big gift I usually do great seats to a Mets or Giants game, depending on what sports season we’re in.

• If you want to go with something lacey {;) ;)} you could have that as a surprise later on.
    Main gift to be opened with family, lacey item later .... could work? ;)
  • So I posted twice and it said my comment needed to be approved and it hasn't yet.  So I'm going to spell out my suggestion.  Try looking at MAN  crate[.] com

Are there any musicians he likes that are coming to tour? Tickets to that?

H loves bowling, so I told him to pick out a new bowling ball for himself (he gets expensive ones).  One year for H's birthday a local botanical garden was having this evening program where they projected images onto their plants.  It was super cool!  I was unsure if H would like it since he isn't big into plants, but he usually goes for off beat things like that.  He really enjoyed that!  They also featured a beer garden!

• 6fsn said:

I mean....does he complain though? Lol. 

Tickets to a game, a nice dinner or concert out, booze, lingerie, batting cage, new equipment for a hobby. 

• Also check out uncommon goods (google it). They have a lot of really unique gifts, and tons of stuff for men who otherwise have just about everything. If you look under "men" on the main menu, it gives you the option to search by interest. 

Also, the modern anniversary gift for 13 is textile/fur, so something along the lines of a jersey could fit with theme! Or a new golf/workout/nice outfit to suit his interests.
  • I am trying to post a link, but for some reason the Knot gods have decided it requires approval??  Anyway, there is a men's grooming line called Whiskey, Ink, and Lace.  They are all natural, vegan friendly and made in the good ol' USA.