Chit Chat

What are you watching? Netflix edition

I'm so sad because Schitt$ Creek is done and over with today.

I had binged:
The Good Place
Grace & Frankie
Schitt$ Creek

and now I need some more ideas!  H and I watch "The Santa Clarita Diet" together and I'm looking for something fun and upbeat (no drama) that doesn't require a lot of attention because I use this for work outs.  I can put two "half hour" sitcoms together or a 1 hour show, I usually spend 45ish minutes in the morning working out.  I only have netflix as an option in my workout room too. 

and go.

Re: What are you watching? Netflix edition

• OMG I love Schitt's Creek. Is it gone forever or the most recent season just ended??
  • MRDCle said:
    OMG I love Schitt's Creek. Is it gone forever or the most recent season just ended??
    I know CBC just picked it up for another season, I don't know if it streams concurrently with Netflix or not...

We're watching "The Frankenstein Chronicles" and will be starting "Lost in Space" tonight. We just finished "A Series of Unfortunate Events". 
  • Nailed It is pretty funny if you're into baking shows. Other than that, I'm not currently watching anything fun and light-hearted. Just finished The Crown and started Wild Wild Country. 
  • I think New Girl is a good one for light entertainment that you don't have to pay much attention to - and they just put last season on Netflix.

We just finished Scandal (I know, we're only like 5 years late to the party) and it's ridiculous but entertaining.

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2018
    yes! thank you, Casadena.  I stopped watching the New girl but I loved it and will pick it up again now that it's streaming.

Frankenstein Chronicles is on our list too but that's a H and I thing, plus something I lie down to. lol.  Schitts Creek has ended on netflix (3 seasons for right now), I'm sure it's still airing :) 

• Check out The Ranch if you haven't seen that yet. There's 4 seasons so far. It's a little corny but great watching while you're working out.
  • I started New Girl again.  Well I picked up where I left off.  It is SO funny.  Glad you mentioned it @Casadena.  I realized I like shows without canned laughter (minus Roseanne because she's Rose freaking Anne).

• I started New Girl again.  Well I picked up where I left off.  It is SO funny.  Glad you mentioned it @Casadena.  I realized I like shows without canned laughter (minus Roseanne because she's Rose freaking Anne).
    Yes! We just started back up in the middle of last season of New Girl. I don't know why we stopped watching midseason but I've been laughing my ass off.
  • Nailed It is pretty funny if you're into baking shows. Other than that, I'm not currently watching anything fun and light-hearted. Just finished The Crown and started Wild Wild Country. 
    I will watch this actually, because a star on that show appeared on the Joel McHale show with Joel McHale and it intrigued me to see what that was all about. 

• jlcecejlcece member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2018
    SO excited for the new season of New Girl. Apparently there are only 8 episodes and it is set 3 years in the future. So you get to see where everyone ends up, which is my secret wish for every sitcom I love ever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm rewatching Gossip Girl {don't judge ...} but watched How I Met Your Mother, The Ranch, and M is watching Brooklyn 9-9 {it's funny tbh}
  • Just finished Love, about to finish Easy. Both are Rom-Com type 30 minute shows. 
  • I just started re-watching That 70s Show. It might have sentimental value to me because it was the first and only show I watched start to finish while it was actually on TV, but dang I forgot how funny it could be. 

I think Gilmore Girls will be next on my list, and The Office is forever worth a re-watch.
  • I liked Everything Sucks.

If you have Amazon Prime I liked "The Marvelous Mrs Masiel".

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ditto The Office as a classic re-watch.  I love Jane the Virgin.  
  • i watched 13 reasons why, westworld, and is currently waiting for a new series which will be shown on September 21
  • Binge watching supernatural... didn't realize it was so many seasons now... I have 2 catch up on orange is the new black 
  • Movies:  To all the Boys I've loved before and the Kissing Booth...both teenage Rom-Com movies....i'm going to be 37 and admit i still love this cheesy crap to relieve stress LOL.
  • since i like horror, i watched american horror stories
  • I recently finished Hart of Dixie. I got sucked in so deep that it was kind of embarrassing. As soon as I emergesd from that stupor I actually felt relieved that it was over.

Eagerly anticipating fresh seasons of 
    Longmire 
    The Crown
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Couldn't get into Grace & Frankie. Does it improve after the first few episodes? Just didn't feel too authentic, though that may be the LA setting.

Also late to the game on Scandal; just started it a week ago. Deeply entrenched already -- it's damn good.