Wedding Woes
Options

Wedding Woe-Wednesday

2»

Re: Wedding Woe-Wednesday

• Options
    Hello! I made it through the day lol. I got my deadline out by the skin of my teeth. It's a public procurement so if it had been even 30 seconds late we would have been disqualified. Find out next week if we made the shortlist for interviews. Fingers crossed!
    It's my Friday - my company makes us take our birthday off (mine is tomorrow) and I'm taking Friday off too.
    @VarunaTT can you not wear soft contacts? I have astigmatism in both eyes and have been able to get soft contacts (I have needed prescription lenses since I was 4)
    @short+sassy that is a crazy story! The family's greed makes me sad and the empty chair is just too much, even if the sentiment is heartfelt. Wrong place wrong time. 
    That is an awesome policy! Also Happy Birthday!!
    Happy birthday!!! And we get offer the option to take our birthday when we request PTO for the year. 
  • Options
    Hello! I made it through the day lol. I got my deadline out by the skin of my teeth. It's a public procurement so if it had been even 30 seconds late we would have been disqualified. Find out next week if we made the shortlist for interviews. Fingers crossed!
    It's my Friday - my company makes us take our birthday off (mine is tomorrow) and I'm taking Friday off too.
    @VarunaTT can you not wear soft contacts? I have astigmatism in both eyes and have been able to get soft contacts (I have needed prescription lenses since I was 4)
    @short+sassy that is a crazy story! The family's greed makes me sad and the empty chair is just too much, even if the sentiment is heartfelt. Wrong place wrong time. 

Nice!  Happy Birthday.

Aren't you also the one whose company recently installed a candy wall?

I am SO working at the wrong place, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @sparklepants41!

• Options
    I have an eye disease called keratoconus, which is really basically a highly misshapen cornea.  Usually the cornea is misshapen, but in a symmetrical way.  Mine is asymmetrical.  So, the doctors use hard contacts to keep my cornea from getting any more misshapen.  So really, the reason why hard contacts are bad for most people (makes your cornea shaped like the contact), makes them really good for me.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I have an eye disease called keratoconus, which is really basically a highly misshapen cornea.  Usually the cornea is misshapen, but in a symmetrical way.  Mine is asymmetrical.  So, the doctors use hard contacts to keep my cornea from getting any more misshapen.  So really, the reason why hard contacts are bad for most people (makes your cornea shaped like the contact), makes them really good for me.
    My coworkers H has this too and she was just telling me about it yesterday!  He never sought treatment for it, so he's in an experimental study now and may need a cornea replacement.
  • Options
    @short+sassy haha yes the candy wall is awesome and also dangerous lol

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

@VarunaTT I'm sorry to hear about your eye disease. But I'm happy that the hard contacts are a good solution for you and that you got such a great deal on yours!!
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    My coworkers H has this too and she was just telling me about it yesterday!  He never sought treatment for it, so he's in an experimental study now and may need a cornea replacement.
    Yeah, they wanted to put me into an experimental study that had eye drops that were supposed to strengthen the "ties" for lack of a better word, throughout the cornea and stop the deterioration.  But I had to pay for it all and at the time that wasn't possible.  There is a surgery where they put implants around the cornea to basically reshape it and force it back to normal, but it's a huge PITA to get everything approved and lined up.  Then, I'm basically a special needs patient after that, plus will have to deal with vision changes for about a year, and with what's going on with healthcare, I'm a little loathe to do something so drastic right now.  And for whatever reason, insurance is super happy to pay for that cornea transplant (which has to be replaced, they're only good for approximately 10 years) and pay for immuno-suppressant drugs after that.