Wedding Woes

An hour. For. A. Bath.

13»

Re: An hour. For. A. Bath.

• Also, I think it's slightly weird that Hannah wasn't there to begin with.  Why would you leave your family members that are visiting in a shared house alone with your roommate(s).  I'm assuming it wasn't work or school because then I would think it's weird that you invited people to stay with you, knowing you wouldn't even be around for that time. I would also feel really weird being the  invited guest in a shared house if the one person I knew wasn't currently there. 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Casadena said:

Also, I think it's slightly weird that Hannah wasn't there to begin with.  Why would you leave your family members that are visiting in a shared house alone with your roommate(s).  I'm assuming it wasn't work or school because then I would think it's weird that you invited people to stay with you, knowing you wouldn't even be around for that time. I would also feel really weird being the  invited guest in a shared house if the one person I knew wasn't currently there. 

Agreed.  One of the rules my roommates and I decided on was if one of us had a guest, the guest could be in the apartment as long as their host was home.  We lived (I still live here) in a city that’s kind of a popular destination, so we had a handful of guests every month.  It was a small apartment, no one felt like sharing the couch with a stranger during precious downtime. 
  • levioosa said:
    Am I the only one who thinks there might be some sort of mental health issue going on? Like, I get all of the points brought up so far, but LW takes an HOUR LONG bath EXACTLY at 6 pm EVERYDAY? What happens if she had moved that to 7pm? Or if she had taken it earlier? Or, just for kicks and giggles, let's say that instead of having houseguests, Hannah was having a birthday or graduation party. It sounds like this is the only available bathroom that is not in the master. Would that change things for the people defending LW's bathroom rights? If there's only one bathroom to use in a shared space, it stands to reason that sometimes your routine is going to be interrupted. The houseguests were also rude, but I just can't get over LW being that solid in her routine that she's not able to make an exception. 

In regard to this - it is not uncommon at all for survivors to take extremely long showers - js (obviously "not all", but it is a common pattern)..  One of my friends from college would literally take 4-5 hours before she found someone she could work through some of her past with and got it down closer to 2 the last contact I had with her, but that's also one of the reasons I wouldn't judge LW too.