Texas-Houston

Tux for Ring Bearer

My fiance went to pick out his tuxes on Friday and listed the entire wedding party, including my nephew, the ring bearer.  He's only three and the impression my fiance and his best man got was that the ring bearer's tux would cost the same to rent as the guys' tuxes, which I think is ridiculous.  

Does anyone have any recommendations where we could find a tux for a three year old that doesn't cost so much?

Thanks for any suggestions you have!
Photobucket
Megan & Chris

Re: Tux for Ring Bearer

• STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it is true that a 3 year old's tux is the same cost as an adult tux. At Men's Warehouse depends on the # of tuxes rented they give you 1 or 2 rentals for free. So we had in our group we had a total of 12 tux rentals (groom, GM's, ushers, fathers) so we chose the 2 ring bearers were for free.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for confirming!

We have 11 tuxes total, and my fiance wants the free one to be my dad's (if we had one more person, we'd get two free...darn!).  I just can't stomach the idea of asking my sister to spend so much for my nephew to rent a tux...especially since she's already having to buy a bridesmaids dress and pay for three plane tickets for her family to fly to Houston...

Ugh...wedding expenses are out of hand!
    Photobucket
    Megan & Chris
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it's tough asking them to pay for it especially if more than one are in the party. That's why we just has the ring bearers for free since DH's brother was the BM and his son's were the ring bearers & flower girl. We didn't want them to pay for 3 tuxes and FG dress.

Stuff adds up! Blah!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • nackiejicholenackiejichole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got a special through Al's Formal Wear and the G tux was free and the RB tux we got a discount. It still seems really expensive for such a little tux. A friend of mine though found her son's tux on Harwin somewhere for like $20.
  • ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well this is awesome info.  I had no idea!! there is less fabric.  I think it is stupid! Maybe I will ask FI to give the free one to our RB
  • cassietaylorcassietaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my little RB tux off ebay, paid 14 for the tux and shipping! At first I decided if I didnt like it or it was bad quality I just wouldn't use it and I would only be out 14, much to my surprise the quality was GREAT!! Good Luck!
    www.theknot.com/ourwedding/justinmoyer&cassiegriggs
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards