Wedding Woes

Royal Wedding WTF

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/13/mini-bowls-standing-room-royal-wedding-reception1/

I can only imagine how many snowflakes are going to want to use this idea for their weddings. Food bowls and no seats? Seriously, it's not like the monarchy can't afford to pay for chairs or hire someone to make a damn seating chart. 
~*~*~*~*~

Re: Royal Wedding WTF

• I didn't want to register to read the rest of the article, but WTF is a "food bowl" in this context?

• I didn't want to register to read the rest of the article, but WTF is a "food bowl" in this context?
    I think it's exactly what it sounds like. Little bowls of food, passed around like the other canapes.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Here's another article that you don't have to register to read: https://www.thecut.com/2018/05/meghan-markle-prince-harry-royal-wedding-menu.html
    ~*~*~*~*~

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    At first I was thinking like, family style bowls of food so I guess individual little bowls of food is somewhat better than that? Still sounds terrible. 
  • The times, they are a'changin'... from mashed potato bar in martini glasses to this, eh?

• I'm sure there will be plenty of food. What gets me is the no seats. Like, really???
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I'm sure there will be plenty of food. What gets me is the no seats. Like, really???

That does sound like an excellent way to keep your disabled/elderly guests from "dragging the party down", since they won't be able to stay long or at all in those conditions (said with lots of snark and sarcasm).

I think a good rule of thumb for anyone to go by is "just because a famous person did X-Y-Z, doesn't mean it's okay or polite."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Like, you guys don’t seriously think there will be literally no chairs, can’t stand off with your head, surely? It’s the same as many royal receptions- the garden parties aren’t seated either 
  • Like, you guys don’t seriously think there will be literally no chairs, can’t stand off with your head, surely? It’s the same as many royal receptions- the garden parties aren’t seated either 
    Since they likely won't release photos from the reception, I'm only going by what the stories say... and anyone who wants to copy the idea of a no-seats-to-promote-mingling wedding likely will too.
    ~*~*~*~*~