Wedding Woes

Wednesday

I keep thinking it's Tuesday though.

@mrsconn23 you've been on my mind.  I hope things are going well

Nothing much happening here.  My MIL's party is Saturday.  They all think I make weird food so I'm relegated to bringing water.  120 bottles of water makes my heart hurt for the environment.  I'd love to just buy 2 big dispensers (or use the ones the hall probably has) but I'm determined not to rock the boat. 

I am getting a hair cut tonight. M2 gets her cast off Friday.  She can't wait to take a bubble bath so I'm getting her some fancy stuff and bath bombs to celebrate.  I'm getting nail polish to do my nails for Saturday.  I wish there was time for a mani/pedi.

Re: Wednesday

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Laurel vs Yanny video? I'm team Laurel!

I thought I signed up for a conference/seminar tomorrow but I don't see a confirmation. Most of my office will be at a seminar we are hosting tomorrow so I might just work from home (aka get ready for the garage sale this weekend)

Dad and bro are flying to Scotland for their golf trip. They decided to do a few days in London first since they've always just done Scotland before. Well of course it turned out to be royal wedding week so they are going to have way more tourist traffic and now can't go to some places. Who would have guessed? 
  • oh yeah, I agree with one of those big water cooler type things.  I'm getting more aware of my bottle usage so I bought a reusable one, but it's the brita one and it suuuucks.  The idea is there - with the filter straw, but it leaks :( I think I asked people for suggestions on the board awhile ago.

I got a no chip yesterday too! It was lovely.  Although I could have used less comments on how short my nails are.... or how dark I'm going color wise... But I've been going to her for some time now so I think she thinks she can comment on my length (lack thereof) and color choices.  What was so lovely about it was the lotion she used on my hands after.  My hands have never been so soft.  I'll probably cave and buy a bottle from them next time I go.

• Went home yesterday to find the surveyor already at my house - yay!  But he was there so long that I ended up working from home the rest of the day.  So that was an unexpected bonus!

We had some crazy thunderstorm roll through, but no damage in my area.  There were some power outages in the vicinity.

We went home with a ball popping toy from my brother's house.  So I got on the floor to help DD play with it.  She had such a huge grin on her face and was giggling the whole time.  I was in heaven!

Yoga after work and then home.  I am in full on vacation count down mode!  Come-on May 25th!

• Our payment has been received and our truck is paid off! We were just a couple months behind paying it off in half the time. Yay for our only debt being our house! :)

Other than that, another day, another....well, 50 cents-ish.

Ya know that funk I've been talking about? Some days it's like the smallest inconvenience can push me to tears. It's been nice out and we haven't been running our AC, but we need to make sure it works and H was supposed to turn it on yesterday morning. I got home, it's 81 in the house and the AC is off. He forgot. I nearly cried. It's not even a little but of a big deal but I just couldn't handle it. I powered through my workout and went straight to bed (at 6:15).

But the AC is on today and fingers crossed that it's working!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2018

@6fsn and @CharmedPam, you all are making want to do my nails again, lol.

@kvruns, oof!  sympathies to your dad and bro.  I wouldn't want to be anywhere near London right now.  Not just all the crowds, but I'm also not that interested in the royal family and wouldn't want Harry/Meghan/wedding in my face the whole trip.  I'm already feeling overloaded from it, sitting at my desk half the world away, lol.

Edited: @ShesSoCold, congrats on paying off the truck!

H and I went grocery shopping last night.  I meant to do it this weekend, so it was long overdue.  We picked up some T-Bones that were on special, marinated them, and are going to grill them up for dinner tonight.  I haven't even had breakfast yet today and am already looking forward to dinner, lol.  They'd also had a special on chocolate covered strawberries (6 for $7) for Mother's Day.  But since MD has passed, the ones they had left were clearance priced at $5.  And THAT is going to be dessert tonight, lol.

My car needs new brakes and, this morning, my H asked, "Do you want me to take care of it?"  I thought he meant take it to the shop, lol.  But, no, he told me he could do it.  Surprised!  I didn't know he had such skills.  I initially even asked if he was messing with me, lol.  At least I'll save some money!  It's already been a much spendier month than usual.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @shessocold, our furnace is playing with us too. Some days its super hot.  some cold.  I think H has done all he could to fix it, so I'm about to call someone.  At least you had a bikram workout? that should have shed some more cals! 
    @short+sassy, love chocolate covered berries. Great sale.  Also, you don't know how lucky (or maybe you do) you are to have H do that kind of stuff on cars.  Saves mucho money and headaches.

I found out a bbq place will be guest hosting our cafeteria downstairs today.  It says "bbq sandwiches and sides" and on the website of the catering place, a side of hush puppies is listed.  PLEASE have them bring in the hush puppies. 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2018
    Thanks 6! We’re in the waiting room right now. My sisters, BIL, grandparents, and dad are all here. We’re all settled in with our books and devices. ;)

I hear laurel.  :)
  • Rushing around getting ready for my girls' trip this weekend. I really want to get someone to clean my house next week because we have company coming for the 500 Memorial Day weekend and I won't be home until Tuesday. Ugh! I don't know anyone to call. I've asked a friend of mine for the name of her cleaning person but haven't heard back from her. First world problems.

I've been think about @MissKittyDanger, hope everything is ok.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2018
    I thought of @MissKittyDanger too
  • Rushing around getting ready for my girls' trip this weekend. I really want to get someone to clean my house next week because we have company coming for the 500 Memorial Day weekend and I won't be home until Tuesday. Ugh! I don't know anyone to call. I've asked a friend of mine for the name of her cleaning person but haven't heard back from her. 
    I can ask my sister for hers. She seems to like who she uses. 
  • MrsConn - Hope all goes well for your mom!

SSC - Hugs, just try to keep focusing on your little getaway.

MKD seemed to indicate she won't be around as much since she finished work.  Hoping she is just nesting until baby is here!

• 6fsn said:
    I thought of @MissKittyDanger too

I assume she has just abandoned us while she is on maternity leave, instead of being at work :).  I certainly hope that is what it is and everything is going smoothly for her.  I think she is due in early June.

We haven't heard from SouthernBelle in awhile, either.  I hope the delivery went well and she is just busy with the new baby.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hope all goes smoothly @mrsconn23.

I have zero motivation at work today. The thought of a new job, the end of the semester craziness, and the general lack of vision at the non-profit has sapped any productivity I have. It sounds awful, but there's no supervision or management here, my supervisor told me last week to just "keep doing what we said we'd do for the grant, even if it never gets used or implemented here". Awesome. That's a great way to motivate employees. 

Congrats on paying off the truck @ShesSoCold! That's big!
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @ShesSoCold, congratulations on paying off your truck.

Quiet morning thus far.
  • Thanks, ladies!! Now is the hard part - NOT buying me a car just because we can, and then when we do buy me a new car, NOT letting H talk me into something we can't (shouldn't) afford!

Aww Kimmi that sounds awesome!

I've been thinking about our new moms too - hope everyone is doing well!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • GBCKGBCK member
    @6fsn -split the difference, and bring boxed water?  https://boxedwaterisbetter.com/

It's my day off.  I"m folding laundry.

For work I need (get) to come up w/ a roller-derby-esque dinosaur name to go on my name-tag by Friday...(has to include my IRL first name).  I"m not sure what to do yet.
    YAY dinosaurs!

in the kiddo's world, tiny kid problems...Last night, @ scouts, the kiddo went to the bathroom, w/ her buddy.  her buddy came back a little ahead of her, and when the kiddo came back, she couldn't get the door to the hall of the library opened, it's to heavy for her.  She banged and yelled and in a few, they realized her buddy was back and not her, and one of the leaders came out, found her and brought her back.  She cried,b ut managed not to loose her temper and yell at people, so...victory.  I told her she was fine for shouting and banging, great for not throwing things after, and all around got a gold star.
  • @6fsn I'd bring beverage dispensers of water and top them with strawberry/mint or cucumber/lemon just to show I can even "weird" up water!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    @GBCK box water would confess them more than tap water does. 
  • 6fsn said:
    I know what you mean, but the typo makes boxed water sound like it’s holy water.
  • 6fsn6fsn member

mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:
    I know what you mean, but the typo makes boxed water sound like it’s holy water.
    HaHA.  Religion is a whole separate area that confuses them.
  • Thanks, ladies!! Now is the hard part - NOT buying me a car just because we can, and then when we do buy me a new car, NOT letting H talk me into something we can't (shouldn't) afford!

Aww Kimmi that sounds awesome!

I've been thinking about our new moms too - hope everyone is doing well!

Budget tip:  Keep paying the monthly car payment into a savings account ;).  Use those funds to buy your next car with cash or have a lower loan balance.

The bolded are your own excellent tips, lol.  Stay strong!

Oh yeah we've already started that. Since we decided to put off painting/backsplash, our tax return went to opening the SSC new car fund and we've already started adding to it. We will have to finance my next car since we'll be buying within a year but my goal after that is to pay cash for cars.

The issue with making double payments with my H is that he's all, "We can afford TWICE the payment we had with the truck! Let's look at [insert car we cannot afford here]!"

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2018
    update: I had the hush puppies. They were dry and over cooked, almost burnt.  Granted, I got the last serving of hush puppies so it could have been bottom of the barrel, but something tells me they were all like that.

It ruined my day.

edit for:  I just found out it was national bbq day.  I see what my cafeteria did there.

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    edited May 2018
    GBCK said:

For work I need (get) to come up w/ a roller-derby-esque dinosaur name to go on my name-tag by Friday...(has to include my IRL first name).  I"m not sure what to do yet.
    YAY dinosaurs!

@GBCK T-Wrecks.  I can probably find more, pretty darn quickly.  It's a popular roller derby things to do.

ETA: Here's a whole reddit thread with some awesome ones in it:  https://www.reddit.com/r/rollerderby/comments/5qnvsp/derby_names_inspired_by_dinosaurs/#bottom-comments

SSDD.  It's definitely a squirrel day at work.  I try to do something and OMG SQUIRREL OVER HERE.

I had my meltdown over Pride early, got it out of the way, I guess.  Didn't do anything Pride related for a week and it hasn't put me behind too much.  Yay for past years massive amounts of structuring.  And I do still get excited talking about the plans, it's just all of the back end work and some rough decisions that had to be made this year, that's getting to me.

Meeting with the VP and ED tonight to see if we can smooth over our growing pains.  I did manage to piss off a few people on the board with, "It was requested in March that you form your committees and choose a chair; you were told in April that you need to pick a chair for the committee; it is now May.  You will pick a chair now or I will choose the Chair now, please decide."  But, I have all of my Chairpersons.

I really, Really, REALLY, need a float trip on a very quiet river.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    OMG so I've been selling stuff on FB Marketplace and had a lady picking up a dress today. We have security cameras and I will check them to see if people pickup throughout the day bc they don't always tell me if they pick up. I just looked and that lady tried on the dress over her clothes, then pulled her pants/tights down to see what the dress would look like in the reflection of the mirror w/ printed pants on. It is like a 5 minute video and I am laughing out loud at my desk watching it. 
  • update: I had the hush puppies. They were dry and over cooked, almost burnt.  Granted, I got the last serving of hush puppies so it could have been bottom of the barrel, but something tells me they were all like that.

It ruined my day.

edit for:  I just found out it was national bbq day.  I see what my cafeteria did there.
    I hate when I'm really looking forward to food and it's not as good as I'd hoped and dreamed. 

That being said, I had two donuts for lunch. Dunkins gives you two for 99 cents after noon so....

• Y'all, I'm freaking out.  I just got an e-mail from the HR manager that they want to meet with me at 4:30.

Even though things seemed to have been better, work/busy-wise, I'm assuming I'm losing my job (sigh).

It's kind of weird, though, because usually the Big Boss handles lay offs.  I don't know.  Whatever.

And right now I am hating them for making me wait 2 hours for this meeting :(.  I'm sick to my stomach.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • update: I had the hush puppies. They were dry and over cooked, almost burnt.  Granted, I got the last serving of hush puppies so it could have been bottom of the barrel, but something tells me they were all like that.

It ruined my day.

I hate when I'm really looking forward to food and it's not as good as I'd hoped and dreamed. 

That being said, I had two donuts for lunch. Dunkins gives you two for 99 cents after noon so....
    My first post-vegan burger was medium well when I asked for medium rare.  
  • Y'all, I'm freaking out.  I just got an e-mail from the HR manager that they want to meet with me at 4:30.

Even though things seemed to have been better, work/busy-wise, I'm assuming I'm losing my job (sigh).

It's kind of weird, though, because usually the Big Boss handles lay offs.  I don't know.  Whatever.

And right now I am hating them for making me wait 2 hours for this meeting :(.  I'm sick to my stomach.

or.....a flip side of that? a promotion? new job duties?