Attire & Accessories Forum

Found another dress ! Help me decide between these two!

so I ended up looking at one more store and found this other dress, now they are both higher necklines even tho I thought I would get strapless! Lol funny how that happens! Help me decide between these two! the one that is more lacey I would be customizing it to take off a large amount of the lace at the bottom and have it have a trickle of lace design coming down onto the skirt rather than the whole skirt being lace. 

Re: Found another dress ! Help me decide between these two!

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I prefer the one with the less-plunging neckline. 
  • Same. I still like the first one better. Keep in mind, if you go with this new dress, that's probably going to be an expensive alteration so make sure you've budgeted for it. I'm imagining all the work going into it. The cost of new material and then careful trimming of the lace into the appropriate shape and sewing it down to the new material. Or perhaps they'd appliqué lace to the new skirt. That looks like what was done to the first dress. But they still have to taper the existing lace somehow so it looks natural, and I think that'd be time intensive. 
  • In my opinion, if you have to make a decent size change to the look of the dress than it isn't your dress.

So my vote is for the first dress.
  • first dress!
  • Elphy18Elphy18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    When you guys say first dress do u mean the one from my previous post or the first one in the photos here ? as in on the left with the deeper neckline ? 
  • we mean the one from the previous post that does not have the deep neckline.

• By first dress, I mean the one with the higher neckline and the racer-back, the one you chose first before finding the new dress you are asking about in this thread. 
  • I too mean the first dress you chose prior to finding the all lace one.
  • Elphy18Elphy18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Okay lol thanks just curious!
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2018
    If you have to do that much in alterations to get the dress to look like you want it to - it's not the dress!  Those alterations will break the bank even if the sales person says "it's just a simple fix and won't cost much!"... Any time lace is involved, it means the price just went up sky high on the alterations bill.  

My vote is the dress on the left (in the bottom picture)...

• I vote the original dress. Those sound like a lot of alterations for the new dress which won't be cheap.
  • Way too much altering. Plus I liked the other one.