Chit Chat

Meghan and Harry?

2»

Re: Meghan and Harry?

• I think there are royal dress codes. Arms covered, nothing tight fitting, no knees. Probably nothing by Pnina Tornai. Thinking about Diana's dress, I didn't like that either. That was also loose and huge overdone a la 1980s style. Maybe Meghan Markle was looking for a timeless look. I loved her reception dress. 
    Haha, oh I'm sure! But, I liked that Kate's had some lace and kind of a cute neckline. Even the queen's wedding dress was pretty fancy. 
  • I think there are royal dress codes. Arms covered, nothing tight fitting, no knees. Probably nothing by Pnina Tornai. Thinking about Diana's dress, I didn't like that either. That was also loose and huge overdone a la 1980s style. Maybe Meghan Markle was looking for a timeless look. I loved her reception dress. 

True, though technically I think those are rules at the cathedrals typically used for British royal weddings.

I was a little young for Diana's wedding, but I remember people raving about her dress.  Looking back at it now, I do think it's beautiful...except for the big, poofy sleeves.  That was one detail that was really trendy at the time, ie the 1980's, but is now very dated.

Wedding Countdown Ticker