Wedding Woes
Options

Quiet Wednesday

2»

Re: Quiet Wednesday

• Options

@missJeanLouise, I'm glad your vacation went so well!  The last time I was in NYC, my hotel was within walking distance to the Tenement Museum.

@Jen4948, that's a bummer you won't even hear anything for a month.  Hopefully it will work out in your favor.  Or, you'll find something just as good or better in the meantime ;).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Jen4948 said:
    Interview this morning and now I’m exhausted. I took the rest of the day off and I need to get grading done but I’m currently snuggled with the cat and dog on the couch binging on Netflix. 
    I did the same, except for the grading, pets and Netflix. I have a column to write for a nonprofit blog that I work on, but otherwise I appreciate the quiet, especially after yesterday. No sooner had I come home yesterday after about a 30-some mile drive but there was a fire drill in my building. The fire alarm was so loud and shrill that I went back out for several hours just to avoid the noise. Compared to that, today is bliss.
    How was the interview? 

Glad and you’re finally getting some time to relax and rest, you definitely deserve it!
    Thanks! The interview seemed to go well. The company seems like a good one and I liked the interviewers, so it could be a good opportunity. I'll know in a month.
    Wow that seems like a really long time to wait, or is that fairly standard in your field?
  • Options
    Hi all. I made it home last night. My flights were easy and for the last one I had the whole row to myself. It really doesn’t get any better. :)

The last week of my vacation was the best. My best girl friend joined me in New England and we stayed at my Nana’s. It was fabulous being able to spend so much time with Nana, we had a ritual of sitting together in the evenings eating Klondike bars and chatting. Friend and I spent a glorious, sunny day in nyc on Monday, visiting several friends of mine and going to the tenement museum. 

Now I am home and have no idea what to do with myself lol. DH did a good job cleaning so I guess I will do a small load of laundry then get my stuff put away. 
    This sounds lovely and like it was exactly what you needed. 
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Jen4948 said:
    Jen4948 said:
    Interview this morning and now I’m exhausted. I took the rest of the day off and I need to get grading done but I’m currently snuggled with the cat and dog on the couch binging on Netflix. 
    I did the same, except for the grading, pets and Netflix. I have a column to write for a nonprofit blog that I work on, but otherwise I appreciate the quiet, especially after yesterday. No sooner had I come home yesterday after about a 30-some mile drive but there was a fire drill in my building. The fire alarm was so loud and shrill that I went back out for several hours just to avoid the noise. Compared to that, today is bliss.
    How was the interview? 

Glad and you’re finally getting some time to relax and rest, you definitely deserve it!
    Thanks! The interview seemed to go well. The company seems like a good one and I liked the interviewers, so it could be a good opportunity. I'll know in a month.
    Wow that seems like a really long time to wait, or is that fairly standard in your field?
    It is a long time. I'm not waiting around for them to make me an offer, but if I haven't found a permanent full-time job by then and they do make me an offer, I'll accept it.