Wedding Woes

Friday

Jen4948Jen4948 Houston
10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 25 Answers
member
I guess I'll be the one to start off.

Woke up with a migraine this morning, so I'm glad to not have anything scheduled for today. I can use a break from a hugely busy (albeit in a mostly good way) week.

Yesterday I had a job interview and did some volunteering at the Houston Food Bank. I do that regularly but not usually on Thursday nights. This time, though, a string quartet from the Houston Symphony gave a mini-concert there which was really nice.
charlotte989875short+sassySTARMOON44OliveOilsMomlevioosa
«1

Re: Friday

  • 6fsn6fsn
    Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    member

    I hope the migraine gets better.

    22 bags of stuff have left my house.  4 bedrooms have been scrubbed, dusted, and vacuumed top to bottom- closets, drawers, under beds, behind furniture, even registers. 

    DH is off today to do yardwork.  M2 and I are leaving the boys and home and going to do a little shopping and lunch.  We each need another swim suit and I promised her lunch if she learned her prayers.  This afternoon I'm grabbing the boys and we're going to the pool.

    Tomorrow night we have a party down the street. Monday a neighbor/friend/I don't know what we are at this moment is supposedly have a party in the grassy area in front of our house, but I've heard no details beyond this. Are we sitting on the ground? what time? what food? what if it rains?  She's the one that started the ball rolling, but I think she wants me to keep pushing the ball now.  I'm not doing it.  Same thing happened with a back to school party and it never came to be.  She didn't talk to me for months after that.  If I wanted to host a party I would just do it in my yard so I didn't have to drag shit out there. 

    short+sassyOliveOilsMom
  • ....and I just spilled coffee all over myself. Pretty sure the universe needed to bring me down a few pegs. 
  • ShesSoColdShesSoCold bend over and I'll show ya
    Moderator 5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    mod
    mrsconn - Monticello. We thought for years it was on Lake Shafer but it's actually on the river before it gets to the lake.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    mrsconn23
  • Hope you feel better @Jen4948. The quartet sounds lovely!

    @mrsconn23; end of the year can be hard, glad the psych said you can hold off until Fall. 
  • kvrunskvruns
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    member
    @charlotte989875 yea!

    My H just saw on the news there was an active shooter at a Middle School in our school district. One person injured that is known so far. Way too close to home and a freaking middle schooler?!?

    I've never been much into the Indy 500 and the surrounding hoopla despite living here my entire life. We used to listen on the radio (TV blackout) and do race type activities at home growing up. It is going to be a hot weekend so I wonder if the pool water at the neighborhood pool will be decent since it has been a warm 2 weeks 


  • mrsconn23mrsconn23
    Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    member
    I've not been to Lake Shafer, just Lake Freeman, which is right next to it.  It's going to be nice and hot this weekend, so water time is a must.  ;) 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23
    Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    member
    kvruns said:

    My H just saw on the news there was an active shooter at a Middle School in our school district. One person injured that is known so far. Way too close to home and a freaking middle schooler?!?

    My friend texted me about that.  I'm just at a loss.  I graduated from the district. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    member
    Thanks everyone! The migraine is going away. Hopefully it'll be completely gone soon.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    member
    So much excitement here I almost find myself annoying!

    HR called me last night said I should be getting a formal offer today. Really hoping it's good. That would be a fantastic way to start off the weekend. 

    Then my running bestie is coming in early today and I'm going to show her around Buffalo. We're going to eat and hang out. Tomorrow is packet pickup, a quick shake out run, and a big dinner at the in-laws. They're cooking tons of food for all of us running. They're sweet and I'm so glad they moved back, too. 

    Sunday is RACE DAY!!! I'm super excited. 

    Happy Weekend All!! 

    (See I told you I was a little annoying today, my students should be happy; I'm finishing final grading today and my endorphins are making me pretty lax on the grading). 
    Good luck with your offer! Sorry about the coffee.
    charlotte989875
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    member
    kvruns said:
    @charlotte989875 yea!

    My H just saw on the news there was an active shooter at a Middle School in our school district. One person injured that is known so far. Way too close to home and a freaking middle schooler?!?

    I've never been much into the Indy 500 and the surrounding hoopla despite living here my entire life. We used to listen on the radio (TV blackout) and do race type activities at home growing up. It is going to be a hot weekend so I wonder if the pool water at the neighborhood pool will be decent since it has been a warm 2 weeks 


    Oh yikes (school shooter).

    I hope the pool is warm enough.
  • kvrunskvruns
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    member
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:

    My H just saw on the news there was an active shooter at a Middle School in our school district. One person injured that is known so far. Way too close to home and a freaking middle schooler?!?

    My friend texted me about that.  I'm just at a loss.  I graduated from the district. 
    I was hoping it was one of those situations were a kid brings a gun to school to show friends as opposed to an actual planned shooting. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    member

    Aww, Jen, I hope your headache gets better!

    Usually on the Friday before a holiday, we get to go home early. Except the boss doesn't tell us until late afternoon - like, he'll send an email at 3:10 saying we can leave at 3:30. So most of the day, we all whisper around about "I hope we get an email from Boss today!".

    Going to Indiana tonight, along with the rest of the world. My sister has a lake "house" (trailer) so I'm going there until Sunday. Hoping that the usual 2-2.5 hour drive won't take any more that 4!

    ETA - I'm sad that I'm not going to the race this year. I do this every year I don't go - All year long I think of the money and I just don't feel like going. Then weekend of, I'm super sad.

    Thanks about the migraine.

    Sorry about the race! Hope you hear from your boss soon.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    member
    mrsconn23 said:
    Feel better Jen!

    Where in IN, SSC?  Not that we're staying in the state, LOL. 

    Our car parts should be delivered today and then we're heading to BIL/SIL's in the morning.  

    It's DefConn's last day of 1st grade!  I cannot believe it.  He was having a lot of feelings last night because he's had an amazing teacher this year and he's going to miss her so much.  We're going to miss her too.  She's the one who alerted us that he needed glasses and has been an amazing advocate to get him started in the testing process for a learning disability.  And on that note, I talked to the school psych yesterday and got his report.  Nothing was shocking.  He's just fine in math and his listening comprehension is above average, but if he has to read something to himself or out loud he struggles.  Psych said to have a great summer and we'll pick back up in the fall.  

    And the kiddo's going to be a Senior.  I can't even with how fast time is going. 

    Looking forward to a long weekend and the start of summer break.  :D 
    Thanks @mrsconn23! Congrats to your son!
    mrsconn23
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    member
    6fsn said:

    I hope the migraine gets better.

    22 bags of stuff have left my house.  4 bedrooms have been scrubbed, dusted, and vacuumed top to bottom- closets, drawers, under beds, behind furniture, even registers. 

    DH is off today to do yardwork.  M2 and I are leaving the boys and home and going to do a little shopping and lunch.  We each need another swim suit and I promised her lunch if she learned her prayers.  This afternoon I'm grabbing the boys and we're going to the pool.

    Tomorrow night we have a party down the street. Monday a neighbor/friend/I don't know what we are at this moment is supposedly have a party in the grassy area in front of our house, but I've heard no details beyond this. Are we sitting on the ground? what time? what food? what if it rains?  She's the one that started the ball rolling, but I think she wants me to keep pushing the ball now.  I'm not doing it.  Same thing happened with a back to school party and it never came to be.  She didn't talk to me for months after that.  If I wanted to host a party I would just do it in my yard so I didn't have to drag shit out there. 

    Thanks! Hope you get the info you need soon.
  • kvrunskvruns
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    member
    @mrsconn23 kiddo is going to be a senior? Wow. and congrats to DefConn with a good year and headed into 2nd!
    mrsconn23
  • ShesSoColdShesSoCold bend over and I'll show ya
    Moderator 5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    mod
    mrsconn23 said:
    I've not been to Lake Shafer, just Lake Freeman, which is right next to it.  It's going to be nice and hot this weekend, so water time is a must.  ;) 


    Yeah I'm hoping to get over myself with that. I've worn a bathing suit twice in the last 12-ish years. I haven't worn shorts since I was like 10. I ordered board shorts that should be here today so I can wear those over my suit if we sit on the beach (which I assume we'll do) and not feel SO insecure. My NY resolution was to be comfortable with myself so this weekend will be a good test!

    Where's your BIL live again? You're smart to get out of the area!

    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23
    Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    member
    mrsconn23 said:
    I've not been to Lake Shafer, just Lake Freeman, which is right next to it.  It's going to be nice and hot this weekend, so water time is a must.  ;) 


    Yeah I'm hoping to get over myself with that. I've worn a bathing suit twice in the last 12-ish years. I haven't worn shorts since I was like 10. I ordered board shorts that should be here today so I can wear those over my suit if we sit on the beach (which I assume we'll do) and not feel SO insecure. My NY resolution was to be comfortable with myself so this weekend will be a good test!

    Where's your BIL live again? You're smart to get out of the area!

    They're in Cincy.  We don't live far from the track, but most of the activity is localized to Speedway and then also downtown.  We see some banner planes in the area from time to time. 

    Today is Carb Day, which means everyone drinks all day at the track and then there's a concert.  Florida Georgia Line is the headliner.  I saw a lot of people stocking up at the liquor store last night.  Ha. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23
    Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    member
    kvruns said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:

    My H just saw on the news there was an active shooter at a Middle School in our school district. One person injured that is known so far. Way too close to home and a freaking middle schooler?!?

    My friend texted me about that.  I'm just at a loss.  I graduated from the district. 
    I was hoping it was one of those situations were a kid brings a gun to school to show friends as opposed to an actual planned shooting. 
    One injury is reported.  My co-worker's nephew goes there and she can't get a hold of her sister/BIL.  
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23
    Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    member
    kvruns said:
    @mrsconn23 kiddo is going to be a senior? Wow. and congrats to DefConn with a good year and headed into 2nd!
    Yeah. I can't believe it.  He'll be 18 in a little over 6 mos.  Insanity.  
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam Chicagoburbs
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
    member
    @jen4948, hoping you get some good feedback on that interview
    @charlotte989875, I will be eagerly waiting for your update to see if you accepted or not.  woo!
    @shessocold, that sounds like a fun weekend.  Traffic will be a bitch. Also - we do the exact same thing on a day before a holiday.  "will he let us out early?  will he?  what about now?"
    in fact on July 3rd I scheduled a doc appt at 3 because he BETTER let us out early on the 3rd. It's America's birthday ffs. 
    @6fsn, I need your motivation to clean my house.  Want to come over and do it for me? I pay in pizza and beer (also note: it's good ass Chicago style pizza)

    Tomorrow I have another chiropractor appt to get tortured,  then a facial.  Sunday we leave to visit bro and SIL with or without a new baby.....just hoping it's "with" the new baby since we can't get out there till August after this weekend.

  • kvrunskvruns
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    member
    @mrsconn23 I hope she hears from them soon. My H heard on the news is shooter was an adult not a kid although there always seems to be mixed messages as it unfolds. Just so sad!
  • @6fsn, I'm with @CharmedPam.  I need to hire you to come over to my house, lol.  Hurricanes (the cocktail), jambalaya, and beignets.

    @charlotte989875, yaaasss!  That is wonderful news about the impending offer.  I hope it is a good one.

    So many of you have great weekends coming up.  I hope you all have fun!

    I, on the other hand, do not get Monday off.  And there is a tropical depression heading into town that will inevitably dump a bunch of rain on us.  That's okay.  I have "stuck at home" mimosas planned, lol. 

    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    charlotte989875
  • I am just at a loss for words with all the school shootings (sigh).  @mrsconn23, I hope it is good news for your coworker.  What a scary time for all of the friends and family members of students at that school.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23
    Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    member
    edited May 25
    kvruns said:
    @mrsconn23 I hope she hears from them soon. My H heard on the news is shooter was an adult not a kid although there always seems to be mixed messages as it unfolds. Just so sad!
    My friend's nephew is safe.  

    Latest unconfirmed report is that the shooter was a 7th grade boy who shot a  girl, a teacher tackled him and was grazed in the head. 

    The girl is a friend of my friend's daughter (another friend, not my co-worker).

    Both were transported downtown and their conditions are supposedly critical.  I have a lot of friends with kids in the district and they are all wanted to go get their kids.  I cannot blame them for a second.  

    My friend said that there was a threat made against her stepson's school in the HSE district yesterday.   And now this today.  
  • ShesSoColdShesSoCold bend over and I'll show ya
    Moderator 5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    mod

    I would TOTALLY clean homes for a living. I'd prefer to be like, an organizer/assistant type thing, but cleaning is fine too. There's just something so satisfying and relaxing to me about getting something clean and done. I used to clean my brother's house weekly.

    The area we want to move to is touristy with lots of vacation homes. When we move, I'd much prefer to clean homes than get another office job (I say that, though, having never cleaned for a living, so who knows?).

    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • ((Temptingly holding out hurricanes, jambalaya, and beignets for @ShesSoCold))

    If you all do move to a touristy area, I'm assuming there would be AirBnB/VRBO type vacation homes.  It could be a nice gig for you to get in with some of those property owners and be their "go-to" housekeeper between vacationers.  Because there always needs to be some kind of cleaning done between each guest.

    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    ShesSoCold
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards