Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday...?

How's everyone doing?

I finally worked out last night. I'm sure I'll be up this week but oh well. We have chicken marinating for tonight, the house is clean and I feel like I got a good night sleep. So hopefully will be a good day! I've already finished my work for today, so I'm really hoping for juicy Prudie.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Thursday...?

• Options
    I hate my neighbors. I don't know if I've posted about this before but they moved in a few months ago to our previously-very quiet building. Since then they have been loud. At first it was just loud music, well past quiet hours. Then the drunken fighting started. Every few weeks they yell and scream at each other. Usually in the middle of the night (well, around 4-4:30 and conveniently the bars in our county close at 4am), but usually always on the weekends. We've called the police a few times (so have the other neighbors on our floor) and complained to management. Well last it happened again last night around 4:30 and then when I went to the gym at 6 this morning he is throwing all of her clothes (unpacked) in the hallway. I'm super annoyed; H less so but he could sleep through a train running through the apartment. I can't wait to move. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Just stalking my email for offers and sleep overs:) I need to get in a work out, go to the grocery, and clean bathrooms.  Everything just takes longer with the kids around.  I've been trying to shop on the weekends, but the food just doesn't last a week. 

• Options
    I'm here.  Tired.  Reading Prudies and doing 5 frillion other things.  I really need to get my shit together and put in a pick up order for groceries.  
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    My morning migraine seems to have finally gone away.

I hope today ends up better than yesterday.
  • Options
    I hate my neighbors. I don't know if I've posted about this before but they moved in a few months ago to our previously-very quiet building. Since then they have been loud. At first it was just loud music, well past quiet hours. Then the drunken fighting started. Every few weeks they yell and scream at each other. Usually in the middle of the night (well, around 4-4:30 and conveniently the bars in our county close at 4am), but usually always on the weekends. We've called the police a few times (so have the other neighbors on our floor) and complained to management. Well last it happened again last night around 4:30 and then when I went to the gym at 6 this morning he is throwing all of her clothes (unpacked) in the hallway. I'm super annoyed; H less so but he could sleep through a train running through the apartment. I can't wait to move. 

Ugh that sounds terrible! Has management done anything about it? From a third party, I'm kind of laughing at him throwing all her clothes in the hall, but that's not funny when you actually live there (and it's 6:00 AM!)

This might be TMI. Years ago at our apartment, we shared a bedroom wall with another bedroom wall - a single guy lived there. One night H and I are going to bed and we can hear him having sex. It didn't sound like they were pounding on the wall or she was screaming or anything loud, but we could definitely hear it. I was SO EMBARASSED because if I could hear that, I'm certain he heard us all the time. I was never able to look that guy in the face again.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @shessocold, done already! lol  Sometimes I walk into the office with nothing to do, but usually some job comes my way throughout the day.  Do you have jobs that could be handed to you or it is what it is?
    @charlotte989875, that sounds super annoying but also scary if it can get out of hand! Hopefully they're done done?
    @Jen4948 hopefully sleep helped!

Have you guys ever been annoyed with someone that even their voice annoys you?  Yup.  That's me and my coworker is only getting worse and worse since she came back from medical leave in January.  Maybe it was because I realized how annoying my coworker was after a 6 month hiatus?  Or maybe she's just gotten more annoying since her 6 month hiatus but her voice is nails on a chalkboard with me now.  Never mind the work things she does to piss me off.

• Options

Ugh that sounds terrible! Has management done anything about it? From a third party, I'm kind of laughing at him throwing all her clothes in the hall, but that's not funny when you actually live there (and it's 6:00 AM!)

This might be TMI. Years ago at our apartment, we shared a bedroom wall with another bedroom wall - a single guy lived there. One night H and I are going to bed and we can hear him having sex. It didn't sound like they were pounding on the wall or she was screaming or anything loud, but we could definitely hear it. I was SO EMBARASSED because if I could hear that, I'm certain he heard us all the time. I was never able to look that guy in the face again.

HA. I'm totally sure our neighbors have heard us having sex. Our bedroom window looks out on the balconies and then the parking lot, so when the weather was just getting warm, but still too cool for AC we'd leave the windows open. Pretty sure anyone on their balcony or in the parking lot heard us. 

@charlotte989875, that sounds super annoying but also scary if it can get out of hand! Hopefully they're done done?

Yeah, that's why we've call the police. A few times she said she thought he was going to hurt her, so as soon as we heard that we called 911. 

We email management each time this happens, and I just got a response saying they are going to court in early June about this, so hopefully they'll be out of the building soon. I feel bad because it's clearly a bad situation, but I also like feeling rested, and it's pretty scary because who knows what either of them would do. Last time the police said they though drugs were involved, but each time this happens they're definitely drunk. I just hope they  break up this time and go their separate ways. 
  • Options
    Morning!  It's Chiquita's last swim lesson this session.   Now to figure out if we sign her up for the last cram session before the pool is closed for the summer (it's in the high school and they're doing renovations).  

We hired a guy to mow our lawn about two weeks ago but the grass is now a foot tall and it's tick paradise.   I cannot freakin wait to have a yard that looks like gross people don't own it. 
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks @CharmedPam. Actually, Excedrin helped (the only thing I've found that does).

@charlotte989875, I'm sorry to hear about your noisy neighbors. The other night I had a problem with noise, although not as bad as yours (my apartment is above a dog run). Unfortunately, sometimes loud people use it at night and I had to complain to my building management. I hope you are able to move soon. Anything happening with your job offer?
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Thanks @CharmedPam. Actually, Excedrin helped (the only thing I've found that does).

@charlotte989875, I'm sorry to hear about your noisy neighbors. The other night I had a problem with noise, although not as bad as (my apartment is above a dog run). Unfortunately, sometimes loud people use it at night and I had to complain to my building management. I hope you are able to move soon. Anything happening with your job offer?
    Excedrin is so good. 
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I used to share a bedroom wall with a single gal (who eventually got a steady boyfriend). Her headboard would bang against the wall. One Monday/Tuesday early night/early morning (1:30am) it was so obnoxious I took out my puppy & kitten stationary and wrote her a strongly-worded letter. Slid it under her door the next morning, spent the day worrying she'd like vandalize my door or write me something nasty back. Nope- she actually moved her bed. Could still hear the relations but at least the headboard bang was over. Edit- typo.

• Options
    I once left chocolates under the door of a neighbor that I shared a wall with.   I had to let them know that I heard it all when it was bedtime and well....they argued afterwards too!
  • Options
    HA. I'm totally sure our neighbors have heard us having sex. Our bedroom window looks out on the balconies and then the parking lot, so when the weather was just getting warm, but still too cool for AC we'd leave the windows open. Pretty sure anyone on their balcony or in the parking lot heard us. 

Last couple weeks when the windows have been open, we've gone in the basement.

Apparently I'm scarred from when I was a teenager and my boyfriend's neighbors clapped for him when we left his townhouse.

As a third-party, that's hilarious! If it were me I doubt I'd think it as funny as I do right now. 
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    Jen4948 said:

@charlotte989875, I'm sorry to hear about your noisy neighbors. The other night I had a problem with noise, although not as bad as (my apartment is above a dog run). Unfortunately, sometimes loud people use it at night and I had to complain to my building management. I hope you are able to move soon. Anything happening with your job offer?
    Yes! Signed the offer yesterday. I have to have a background check and drug test (which I went for yesterday, too), so I'll probably put my resignation in next week. I have a start date of June 25!
    Awesome news! Best of luck with the new job.
  • Options

Congrats, Charlotte! That's great!!

Pam, most of my work is given to me throughout the day, probably 25% isn't. I've finished the daily stuff and I'm really hoping that I'm given a lot today. LOL I can't wait until we get busy again. My days are SO LONG.

• Options
    Yeah, that's why we've call the police. A few times she said she thought he was going to hurt her, so as soon as we heard that we called 911. 

We email management each time this happens, and I just got a response saying they are going to court in early June about this, so hopefully they'll be out of the building soon. I feel bad because it's clearly a bad situation, but I also like feeling rested, and it's pretty scary because who knows what either of them would do. Last time the police said they though drugs were involved, but each time this happens they're definitely drunk. I just hope they  break up this time and go their separate ways. 

When is the closing for your all's house?  At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you all, either way!

To be fair, it sounds like the management is being responsive.  They probably gave a warning.  Maybe a few.  The first legal step would be a "Cure or Quit" notice, ie "cure the problem you are causing or GTFO".  If it's not "cured", then they need to file for an eviction hearing.  That's at least 2 weeks for the next court date, possibly a lot longer.

I believe NY state is pretty tenant-friendly.  It's possible the court will rule against the management company and their hands are tied after that.  They'd likely need to wait for something more egregious to happen and take the people back to court.  Or non-renew the lease, but that happens more toward the end of the current lease.  Which is probably a year.

Do I have a doozy story for you all:

The previous tenants I had for my next door unit, the ones who moved because they couldn't pay Feb.'s rent, were EXACTLY like you are describing.  Except with the domestic violence cherry on top.  They were drunk, a lot.  And they were anger drunks, who had screaming fights all the time.  They each racked up at least one DUI while they were here.  Neither of them could hold down a job for very long, probably because of the drinking.  Yet, they had looked fantastic on paper when we were vetting them.

We never personally witnessed the domestic violence.  The wife told us about it a couple times.  She sometimes talked about leaving.  We encouraged her to.  But it was obviously a step she wasn't anywhere near ready for and, tbh, probably never will be.

A neighbor called the police once about the domestic violence, when the couple had one of their screaming matches on the porch.  Instead of at least inside the house, smh.  We weren't home, so I'm not sure if the neighbor actually witnessed it or strongly suspected it.  Either way, the police came and spoke to both people (the tenants) and arrested the H for domestic violence.  They took the wife to the hospital.  Not because of her injuries, but because they felt she was too drunk to be home by herself and could potentially have alcohol poisoning.  Yes, it was that bad.

And the wife's reaction once she sobered up?  Super, super upset that her H was in jail.  Begging her dad for money to pay his bail.  When she attended her H's hearing, she came home livid and cursing the judge up and down for levying a judgment against her H.  He didn't spend any more time in jail, so I suspect his punishment was a financial one and/or community service.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

When is the closing for your all's house?  At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you all, either way!

To be fair, it sounds like the management is being responsive.  They probably gave a warning.  Maybe a few.  The first legal step would be a "Cure or Quit" notice, ie "cure the problem you are causing or GTFO".  If it's not "cured", then they need to file for an eviction hearing.  That's at least 2 weeks for the next court date, possibly a lot longer.

I believe NY state is pretty tenant-friendly.  It's possible the court will rule against the management company and their hands are tied after that.  They'd likely need to wait for something more egregious to happen and take the people back to court.  Or non-renew the lease, but that happens more toward the end of the current lease.  Which is probably a year.

Do I have a doozy story for you all:

The previous tenants I had for my next door unit, the ones who moved because they couldn't pay Feb.'s rent, were EXACTLY like you are describing.  Except with the domestic violence cherry on top.  They were drunk, a lot.  And they were anger drunks, who had screaming fights all the time.  They each racked up at least one DUI while they were here.  Neither of them could hold down a job for very long, probably because of the drinking.  Yet, they had looked fantastic on paper when we were vetting them.

We never personally witnessed the domestic violence.  The wife told us about it a couple times.  She sometimes talked about leaving.  We encouraged her to.  But it was obviously a step she wasn't anywhere near ready for and, tbh, probably never will be.

A neighbor called the police once about the domestic violence, when the couple had one of their screaming matches on the porch.  Instead of at least inside the house, smh.  We weren't home, so I'm not sure if the neighbor actually witnessed it or strongly suspected it.  Either way, the police came and spoke to both people (the tenants) and arrested the H for domestic violence.  They took the wife to the hospital.  Not because of her injuries, but because they felt she was too drunk to be home by herself and could potentially have alcohol poisoning.  Yes, it was that bad.

And the wife's reaction once she sobered up?  Super, super upset that her H was in jail.  Begging her dad for money to pay his bail.  When she attended her H's hearing, she came home livid and cursing the judge up and down for levying a judgment against her H.  He didn't spend any more time in jail, so I suspect his punishment was a financial one and/or community service.

This is exactly what happened last time. Although he wasn't arrested (I don't think anyway, the police calmed everyone down and we went to sleep). She was taken in an ambulance because of alcohol and/or drugs. We've never seen, or heard, him hit her, but she has said (screamed) she's afraid of him, that she thinks he'll kill her (which is when pretty much everyone in the building calls the police). We've heard him slam doors, lock her out of the apartment, and scream at her. So, I don't know, something is clearly going on here. The police have been good each time separating them, talking to them one on one is separate areas. I really feel bad, but also I'm exhausted. 

NY is definitely a tenant-friendly state, and my guess is you're right; as long as they are paying rent and nothing egregious happens they could be allowed to stay. It's probable the lease is a year, but it's a large complex that does month-to-month, 3-month, 6-month, and custom leases, so it's possible it's longer/shorter than a year. 
  • Options
    Thanks @Jen4948 and @ShesSoCold! I'm really excited. 

It's also a little weird at work because I haven't told anyone yet. I'm waiting to get the final all clear on the background check and drug test, even though I know both will be good. I don't want to close things out here until I know everything is set. But that means I can't really tell anyone here, either. 
  • Options
    We won't close on the house until the end of July at the earliest @short+sassy. Closing in NY takes FOREVER because both sides need attorneys and everything takes too long. I think 60 days is the quickest. 

We also won't move right away. We're having some structural work done and we need to fence in the backyard. I'd like to paint as well, but we can do that once we're in if we have to. 
  • Options
    Congrats, MKD!! You're both beautiful!!
  • Options
    This is exactly what happened last time. Although he wasn't arrested (I don't think anyway, the police calmed everyone down and we went to sleep). She was taken in an ambulance because of alcohol and/or drugs. We've never seen, or heard, him hit her, but she has said (screamed) she's afraid of him, that she thinks he'll kill her (which is when pretty much everyone in the building calls the police). We've heard him slam doors, lock her out of the apartment, and scream at her. So, I don't know, something is clearly going on here. The police have been good each time separating them, talking to them one on one is separate areas. I really feel bad, but also I'm exhausted. 

NY is definitely a tenant-friendly state, and my guess is you're right; as long as they are paying rent and nothing egregious happens they could be allowed to stay. It's probable the lease is a year, but it's a large complex that does month-to-month, 3-month, 6-month, and custom leases, so it's possible it's longer/shorter than a year. 
    OMG, yes!  My previous tenants both played that game with each other, many times when they were arguing.  The H never knocked on our door when he got locked out, but the wife did a few times.  We obliged the first couple times, but then had a discussion with them...when they were both calm and sober...that if they want to play childish games with each other, that's fine.  But don't disturb us any further with it.  We also strongly suggested they just hide a key somewhere outside.  Super simple solution, but they never even bothered doing that (shrug).  They at least didn't bother us again with it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats @MissKittyDanger!  What a cutie.  Rest, relax, and take care of you and baby.  
  • Options
    Congratulations @MissKittyDanger!! Hope you both are getting some rest!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Congrat @MissKittyDanger!!!  Lovely photo and glad you are doing well. 
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    @MissKittyDanger, congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats @MissKittyDanger !!!

Those hormones are killer. My kid was born at 5:30pm. That night I was fine, but the next night (middle of the night too) I just had this epic meltdown. My unsolicited advice- keep in tune with your thoughts/mood.  I've never struggled with depression before but damn, that month after birth was brutal. I'm not sure if it was just extended baby blues, actual PPD, or PPA; it took about 2 months total to feel back to normal mentally. My uneducated opinion is that sleep deprivation really contributes to that too. So, take care of yourself <3 

• Options

@MissKittyDanger, Squee!!!  Congrats!  I'm so glad to hear that, overall, you and BabyKitty and are doing well.

Unfortunately, I can't see the pic :(.  I'll try seeing it from home later.  TK and my work's internet don't always get along.

Wedding Countdown Ticker