Wedding Woes

Thursday. I think.

Allergies are kicking my ass and my head feels like it's in a cloud. I skipped my run this morning so everything feels off. I also feel like I have no idea what day it actually is. I also have very little motivation to get things done. 

Anyway, happy Thursday I guess. Today's my Mom's birthday. H and I are taking her down to the land for the weekend. She's super excited because she's never been. 

Re: Thursday. I think.

• @charlotte989875, what's the land?

H and I got hit with some heavy medical and car bills this week.  The medical bill I was expecting. It just took forever for billing to process it (this is from my surgery in January) so I kinda spent the money I had set aside for it.....oops.  Despite us having to watch our pennies, I know I won't feel like cooking tonight.  Either throw some chicken tenders in the air fryer (thank goodness I pre make them and freeze them) or go out....but I have a feeling we'll want to go out this weekend for food.  Speaking of, is it the weekend yet?

• 6fsn said:

I pick up my race packet for my first 5k. It's no marathon, but I'm still excited

That's going to be 5 more kilometers than I'm going to run this weekend. 

• @charlotte989875, what's the land?

H and I got hit with some heavy medical and car bills this week.  The medical bill I was expecting. It just took forever for billing to process it (this is from my surgery in January) so I kinda spent the money I had set aside for it.....oops.  Despite us having to watch our pennies, I know I won't feel like cooking tonight.  Either throw some chicken tenders in the air fryer (thank goodness I pre make them and freeze them) or go out....but I have a feeling we'll want to go out this weekend for food.  Speaking of, is it the weekend yet?
    H has a hunting/fishing cabin in Pennsylvania about 2.5 hours from where we are; it's been in his family for decades. His grandfather and his friends/brothers started it right after WWII and shares of the camp have been passed down. So we have a share and so does H's brother, his dad, his cousin, etc. The cabin is pretty rustic, but the views are gorgeous. It's right on the banks of the Allegheny River and our land backs up to the Allegheny National Forest. It's H's favorite place in the world. 

My mom loves camping and hasn't been for a long time, so we're all going down tomorrow evening and staying the weekend. 
  • 6fsn said:

I pick up my race packet for my first 5k. It's no marathon, but I'm still excited. 

It's only supposed to be 74 today, but I'm making the kids go to the pool.  They are driving me up the wall with constant questions and requests.  I need them to just walk away for 50 minutes and leave me alone.

Way to go! Where is the race? 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

@charmedpam- I haaaaaate medical bills.  I swear there's an 80% chance I end up having to spend MONTHS making calls to get the insurance right.  I thought it would be better now that we don't have restrictions on what county we're in, but it hasn't.  I actually just got a credit for an xray bill and I don't have a clue why.

@charlotte989875- The race is in the mall parking lot nearby.  I've been consistently hitting 8:45 miles so I'm hoping for that on the flat land too.

• It’s Thursday here Charlotte. Happy birthday to your mom!

Tonight DH and I are going to iftar at the head grooms place. Iftar is the big meal after fasting and it was very nice of this man to invite us. I am not suppose to bring anything though and it feels very strange. Tomorrow we are attending a going away lunch at our friends before they go to Canada for a few weeks. It was their 3?y/o’s idea, we are having a Pasta Party, lol. I love it. I made a couple dessert bars (cookie and cream blondies and a blueberry/lemon/cheesecake thing) to bring and I am hoping they go over well. Friend is also going to show us a stroller/ travel system they are willing to sell. Idk what she wants for it yet but based on reviews it seems like a nice one. Saturday, there is a baby item flea market I am going to drag DH to, lol. He will be like a deer in the headlights I think. Or maybe not, he surprises me sometimes. :)

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2018
    6fsn said:

@charmedpam- I haaaaaate medical bills.  I swear there's an 80% chance I end up having to spend MONTHS making calls to get the insurance right.  I thought it would be better now that we don't have restrictions on what county we're in, but it hasn't.  I actually just got a credit for an xray bill and I don't have a clue why.

@charlotte989875- The race is in the mall parking lot nearby.  I've been consistently hitting 8:45 miles so I'm hoping for that on the flat land too.

oh I know! medical billing sucks, but I think they actually got the surgery part of it right.  Sleeve surgery out of pocket is ~$96,000.00.  So I'm pretty happy with my max out of pocket portion, and no regrets.  Now....they put one of my follow up visits as "dental" so I had to call them about that.  Literally, got a bill for the full visit and it said "dental is not covered under the plan".  um..this was a visit in a hospital.  The woman on the phone laughed when I called, she's like "I have no idea what happened".  

@missJeanLouise, if you have any of the lemon blueberry cheesecakes left, I can give you the address of where to ship them.  I LOVE those two flavor combos.

edit: i realize the irony. Asking for cheesecake after also mentioning my 96K weight loss surgery. 

• HBD to your mom, Charlotte.  

Good luck with the race, 6. 

SSDD around these parts.  Trying to finalize my Old Navy order and use this super cash.  

It's going to be hot today and it looks like it's going to rain for the next several days.  DH leaves tonight for his camping/hiking trip. 

Prudie day.  :D  
  • It's been a rough week with worrying about my car, though I have it back now, and that has wrung me out!  I have yet another busy day at work.  Then I have to drive through rush hour traffic to go pick up the rent from my problem tenant.  But at least she clearly communicated about it this month and wasn't obnoxious about it.  I probably won't get home until at least 6:30.

I saw a phenomenal deal on a 4-plex last night, so now my thoughts are consumed with it, lol.  I'm worried it is going to go under contract in two seconds.  My H and I are going to drive by and take a look tomorrow afternoon.  My other big worry is that I am just about $6K-$8K shy of the down payment.  Frick, frick, frick!  It is so close, it's driving me nuts.  Plus I would need to round up a mountain of paperwork in a really short time for the preapproval.  Unless we see something crazy bad, I am determined to figure out a way to make all of that happen.  But it is an extra weight on my shoulders right now, albeit for a good reason.  Lenders make me sad that they are so insistent on at least a 20-25% down payment for an investment property, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ::Waving:: Hi WW!  I'm back from vacation but have a mountain of work!  So I didn't get a chance to stop in yesterday. 

Vacation was lovely.  DD was not a fan of the Disney characters, but I didn't expect her to be!  She loved looking at everything though!  She also enjoyed the rides we took her on.  She was utterly amazed at the Aladdin magic carpets each time it started!  Mouth dropped each time as we waited in line!  Fastpasses worked out for us and I was able to secure some better restaurant reservations too!

We also did a dolphin watch tour and was able to see a baby dolphin in addition to the full sized ones!  Baby dolphin was so cute!  DD was a disaster on the plane, both in her own seat/car seat and as a lap child.  And it was all me, because DD wouldn't even go to H for more than a minute.  He tried, but she was like uh, no - mommy only!  We are currently rethinking Hawaii in January 2019 due to this!  It was only 2 hours to FL, I don't want to think about 9+ hours!

welcome back! It sounds so cute, her fascination with it all. 

To the bolded.  Was it anything like this? Because I freaking LOVE this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3msjOKqllOk

• @OliveOilsMom, glad you all had such a great time!  That sounds so precious at how fascinated and excited DD was with the things she saw.  With the exception of the Disney characters.  I don't blame her there.  Especially the ones in full costume.  They're big.  They're movements are exaggerated.  And they don't have real eyes.  I'm an adult and find them a little disconcerting, lol.

My cousin actually worked her way through college as a Disney character, but at Disneyland in CA.  She was a performing arts major.  That's the kind of background they look for, for those jobs. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Two negatives already in my day.  That 4-plex I spoke of is already pending after one day (sigh).  Can't say I'm surprised, but it is disappointing.  I will keep my eye on it, jic.

And the Doc Control manager I dislike came and talked to me AGAIN today, with an annoyed and disapproving tone, about a project I am doing for her.  We already discussed it yesterday and nothing has changed or is different than what I already told her.  So why TF is she bugging me about it again, smh.  Whatever.

I'm shaking it all off and focusing on having a good and productive day, despite the disappointments/annoyances.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Homework today. I have work the next two days and I’m already so sad. At least I have Sunday off. The weather here is starting to be consistently in the 80s-90s and I’m not ready. I hope our pumpkin plant survives the heat this summer or FI will be so bummed. We finally got a pumpkin growing and we’ve never made it that far before. 

In other news, my Dad is giving us his old gas BBQ and I’m excited because now I can actually start grilling more often. We have a charcoal grill, and although it probably tastes better, it’s way more of a pain to get going and you have to babysit the food. I’ve had so many grilled veggie recipes that I’ve been sitting on, and now I can make them! 

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2018
    @charlotte989875, happy birthday to your mom. I hope you feel better soon.

@missJeanLouise, the pasta party sounds  wonderful.

Welcome back @OliveOilsMom. Your vacation sounds great.

@levioosa, @short+sassy and @CharmedPam, I hope your day gets better.

I'm trying to figure out what jobs to apply for now. I got a 60 day lease renewal notice and I have to make a decision about that soon too. At least I had a good workout this morning and I have my comfort food for later (home cooking).
  • 6fsn said:

Race day adrenaline should definitely keep you close, or faster, to what you've been running! Hope you have good weather!
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It's my day off, and I donated platelets this morning.
    Took me an *ABSURD* amount of time; got there by 9:30, got home after 1, because my arms dislike needles, I bleed slow, and my body just all around objects to me loosing blood.
    But my forehead is all fuzzy (hard to explain, it literally feels like it'f fuzzy), I hope I didn't trigger me a migraine, because I just shook a long one, and the new hormones are creating their own issues.

But it's my do-gooder day, I'm turning in my paperwork to volunteer at scout camp tonight too.

Officially, end of next week, I start the 'new' position at work, and I"m excited, but it's been a crazycakes recently, and summer camps start next week, so it'll be a challenge too. 

I work over the weekend, so we'll seehow the days go.
    Also, I think we are officially dog looking.  I have not seen the dog for us yet though.