Wedding Woes

Wednesday

How's it going?

Currently biding my time until vacation.  :) And that's about it.  SSDD otherwise. 

A bird just ran into my window at full speed and scared the shit out of me. 

I'm making packing, food, and other lists for our vacation.  DH keeps wanting to hash out details regarding a camping trip we're going on in early August.  

Me:
  Image result for exasperated gif

Re: Wednesday

• LOL that's a perfect gif!

I'm getting ready to go to a meeting that should have been an email. I'm starting to see that it's regular operating procedure around here to make companies come in and explain things to us because we're too lazy to read emails/websites.

I have a wax after work today so I won't have time to work out or make dinner. Hopefully H can slap something on the grill.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm sad that it's only Wednesday.  Feels much later in the week.  Last night H and I saw Hereditary.  I can't believe it's getting good reviews?  I like weird ass movies, in fact, love the - but this was WEIRD even for me.  Both of us were like "Wtf" along with everyone else in the packed theater.

We had to go out for dinner too since I didn't have time to cook before the movie, not that I could have even if I wanted to.  I was going to make some quick burritos and Walmart left out the main ingredient.  They were out of stock on the ground beef????

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I looked at the calendar and we have something every week from now until August.  Fun stuff, but still I'm like "where is summer?"  August will be team camps then school starts. 

I was on the way home from the grocery store (again!) and some dude was waving at me to slow down.  I looked at my speedometer and it wasn't even at 30.  I flipped him off.  I bet he's posting somewhere about the asshole speeder in the grey minivan.

I think we're going to the pool this afternoon.  Then baseball tonight.  I hope my kid loses so we don't have to play Saturday. 

• 6fsn6fsn member

Oh and I asked DH for new weights for my birthday.  He ordered them yesterday.  I'm excited, but feeling very old that I asked for weights.

@mrsconn23- our vacation isn't for 5 weeks and I'm already making food and car lists.

• 6fsn said:

@mrsconn23- our vacation isn't for 5 weeks and I'm already making food and car lists.

I would have been pulling stuff together and making lists if we had a place to stay sooner, but I was feeling very superstitious about doing any planning before we knew where we were going to stay.  ;) 
  • Popping in a little earlier today!  Work is starting to level out from after my vacation.  Still lots to do, but not as urgent.

My aunt came over for dinner last night and it started out well enough.  Then DD had a total meltdown because she was so tired.  Slept for over 2 hours at daycare Monday, but nothing yesterday.  She slept for about an hour, which is usually fine, but not last night!  She ended up in bed early!  I hope its not a repeat performance tonight since it will be just H and DD.  It always easier to deal with the tired craziness of a small child when you have someone else there to help!

U2 is tonight!  Woot!  My friend and I have already made our plans, hoping the rain will stay away for our mini tailgating.  I got an email stating there is no opening act and the band will be going on promptly at 8!  I know I'm old because I did a little happy dance that they are starting then, that means I should be home by 11! LOL!

• I'm a list enthusiast and vacation lists are some of my favorites.

With H and I hoping to move next spring, I've started making a list of the lists that need to be made. I'm loving it.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I talked to the actual mechanic this morning.  They don't know what is wrong with my car.  I guess one sensor keeps telling them to replace XYZ.  They've replaced it.  But the same sensor is still coming on and the car is still running really rough.

In addition, this guy is going on vacation tomorrow and won't be back until Tues.  He didn't say this specifically, but I was given the impression that...if he can't figure it out today...it's not going to be looked at until he is back.

I didn't press on that, in the hopes he does figure it out and it is a moot point.  But, it that doesn't happen, I will call the shop tomorrow and find out if someone else will be investigating it while he is gone.

I am REALLY tired of being super stressed out over this car.  And I might have to start throwing chairs into walls if I have to go another week with no hope of at least an answer.  (I would never actually throw a chair into a wall, just feel like it)

On another slightly positive note, I got a weird letter in the mail yesterday.  Something about still having at least $50 on a Comdata prepaid card.  I have no idea what that is or, if I got some prepaid card at some point, how they would have even had my name and address. 

But I called the number in the letter.  They said I have a $70.52 balance left on whatever this card is.  Okay (shrug).  I told them I had no idea what card they were talking about and didn't have it anymore, as far as I knew.  I requested they send me a replacement card.  They told me they won't send a replacement card, but they will send me a check for the balance.  Well, right on then, that is even better.

Normally I would have been super excited about this and it would have really perked my day.  But I have been too beaten down by my car stress, including the money to repair it, for it to have made much difference to me :(.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a list enthusiast and vacation lists are some of my favorites.

With H and I hoping to move next spring, I've started making a list of the lists that need to be made. I'm loving it.

That made me laugh! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been making a packing list for our camping trip in August for weeks now. It's definitely a form of procrastination as much as it's an obsession with being organized. 

I'm really upset at my mom. Yesterday I mentioned that she needed to go to the doctor but wasn't planning on it until Thursday. Last night she texted me, "Well, procrastination doesn't pay off. I'm at Urgent Care because my throat and chest are getting tight." She's my nightmare patient. She should have gone to the ER, not UC. She has way too many complicated health issues to be seen at an UC when she's already borderline. I'm afraid she has a clotting issue, because her legs are covered in tiny broken blood spots, and the spot where she had blood taken from her arm has a huge bloody bruise. It's more than just an allergic rash, which is what they told her. The rash on her stomach and arms looks allergic, but everything else is a huge red flag. Plus she's already followed by hematology for low platelets, low WBC, and anemia. She goes in and out of remission for leukemia, and she has a few other auto-immune issues that make her a great candidate for getting very sick, very fast. I'm so frustrated that she's not listening. And I'm really worried about her kidney function too since it wasn't great to begin with and she's had this kidney infection for a month. Just ugh. I do not need this stress.

School today. I have that stupid "international faire" where we are supposed to dress up and bring food from our country. I might actually pass out if anyone dresses up. On the bright side, I have some trips coming up to look forward to. It will be great to get out for a little bit. 

• I talked to the actual mechanic this morning.  They don't know what is wrong with my car.  I guess one sensor keeps telling them to replace XYZ.  They've replaced it.  But the same sensor is still coming on and the car is still running really rough.

In addition, this guy is going on vacation tomorrow and won't be back until Tues.  He didn't say this specifically, but I was given the impression that...if he can't figure it out today...it's not going to be looked at until he is back.

I didn't press on that, in the hopes he does figure it out and it is a moot point.  But, it that doesn't happen, I will call the shop tomorrow and find out if someone else will be investigating it while he is gone.

I am REALLY tired of being super stressed out over this car.  And I might have to start throwing chairs into walls if I have to go another week with no hope of at least an answer.  (I would never actually throw a chair into a wall, just feel like it)

On another slightly positive note, I got a weird letter in the mail yesterday.  Something about still having at least $50 on a Comdata prepaid card.  I have no idea what that is or, if I got some prepaid card at some point, how they would have even had my name and address. 

But I called the number in the letter.  They said I have a $70.52 balance left on whatever this card is.  Okay (shrug).  I told them I had no idea what card they were talking about and didn't have it anymore, as far as I knew.  I requested they send me a replacement card.  They told me they won't send a replacement card, but they will send me a check for the balance.  Well, right on then, that is even better.

Normally I would have been super excited about this and it would have really perked my day.  But I have been too beaten down by my car stress, including the money to repair it, for it to have made much difference to me :(.

ugh! so annoying.  Do they have a courtesy car in the meantime?  H just had a $2,500.00 repair on his car, but at least they gave him a courtesy car for a week while they did it!

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm at work today because I have to go to a client to give a Medicare presentation. I was off Mon-Tues and am off Thurs-Fri so this ruined by planned week off but oh well. Monday I spent with my mom and yesterday was getting lots of stuff done so I hope to do some relaxing Thurs/Fri.

I still have days off to burn by 6/30 but seeing as that is in 2.5 weeks it probably won't happen. I normally don't procrastinate days off but here I am. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member

Crazy cat story-

Yesterday morning DH was getting ready for work and heard the Roomba take off.  He came down and saw both cats staring at it all spooked out.  He starts to go back upstairs and hears a squeaky noise. The cats had trapped a mouse and got it STUCK IN THE ROOMBA wheels.  The mouse was still alive so he fished it out and threw it in the backyard.

My Roomba is forever tainted.  His text to me was "cats caught a mouse in the Roomba" I thought he meant one of their toy mice NOT A REAL LIVE MOUSE. 

I'm so thankful he's the one that found it.  ick

• I'm sorry, @short+sassy. Do you happen to follow any mini cooper forums online? They are great resources for figuring out what is wrong with your car and also for suggesting quality mechanics. 

• @levioosa I hope your mom is okay and is able to get some help. She sounds very frustrating.

@short+sassy your car is a mess! I hope they figure it out soon!

I didn’t do shit today and I am not sorry about it. I did have a little buyers remorse about the lodging I had picked for the majority of our trip so I switched it up. The new place has a lower rating than the last place but is ON the beach, with a well reviewed restaurant/bar. I hope I haven’t made a mistake but I feel better about it.

DH has a 4 day weekend because of Eid (the end of Ramadan). It is announced by the shape of the moon, I think, so we didn’t know until today wether he would be getting tomorrow or Sunday off. Then his company just gave them both days off anyway, maybe even Monday but that hasn’t been announced yet. A lot of people plan get always during this time but idk how since no one knows what days they are getting off until the day before hand. It would drive me crazy. We are going to move his desk and computer into my crafting area and the guest bed into the office. It will be a guest room/ storage/ work out room but it will have to work. 
  • Leviosa - I hope they can figure out what is wrong with your mom and get her the right medicines ASAP.

S+S - I would ask for a loaner too!  They are just going to keep your car for almost a week without anyone looking at it?

• 6fsn said:

Crazy cat story-

Yesterday morning DH was getting ready for work and heard the Roomba take off.  He came down and saw both cats staring at it all spooked out.  He starts to go back upstairs and hears a squeaky noise. The cats had trapped a mouse and got it STUCK IN THE ROOMBA wheels.  The mouse was still alive so he fished it out and threw it in the backyard.

My Roomba is forever tainted.  His text to me was "cats caught a mouse in the Roomba" I thought he meant one of their toy mice NOT A REAL LIVE MOUSE. 

Nope. Nope. Nope. That makes me cringe just hearing the story. 

Counting down the days until I'm out of this crazy-ass dysfunctional office. 

I'm leaving early for happy hour, too. 
  • We are finally going to use some of our Kitchenaid attachments tonight! Verrrrry excited. 
  • 6fsn said:

Crazy cat story-

Nope. Nope. Nope. That makes me cringe just hearing the story. 

Image result for nope gif
  • I’m feeling super blah about vacation planning, anyone have ideas? Leaving from NYC region, max 3k per person, a week over the summer. Europe is looking more expensive than that. Priorities are great food, casual patio drinking, some stuff to do. I’m vaguely contemplating the carribean but where? Def do not want an all inclusive resort type place. Two women in our 30s. 
  • I’m feeling super blah about vacation planning, anyone have ideas? Leaving from NYC region, max 3k per person, a week over the summer. Europe is looking more expensive than that. Priorities are great food, casual patio drinking, some stuff to do. I’m vaguely contemplating the carribean but where? Def do not want an all inclusive resort type place. Two women in our 30s. 
    If Europe is still in the picture we went to Malaga in Southern Spain and this is exactly what we did. There were also tons of historical sites to see and amazing beaches. We booked flights+hotels through expedia and the discount was pretty good.

What about the Virgin Islands? I've heard great things (we haven't been), but H's parents LOVED it. 
    I use vacationstogo and the prices are SO good! It's cruises only though.... I would just put in your port (there is one for NJ) and there's a list of destinations and regions to travel to.  The drop down menu can help you chose what you want.

• To those who mentioned a loaner car, it's not at a dealership, it's at a repair shop that specializes in imports.  Get this.  The closest MINI dealership to NOLA is in Baton Rouge.  Almost 100 miles away.

MINIs are manufactured by BMW.  There is a BMW dealership in NOLA.  But they don't service MINIs.  At all.  They cannot even tell me why.  Just that they don't.

@levioosa, I'm so sorry about your mom!  I hope everything turns out okay with her kidneys and other health issues.  I can only imagine how extra frustrating it is for you, to work in the healthcare field, and she still won't listen to your advice about not procrastinating treatment/appointments.

Thanks for the advice about MINI forums.  Wouldn't hurt to see if someone has had a similar problem.  Or potential future problems to come, lol.  This particular repair shop and mechanic I spoke to do work on MINIs all the time (along with other imports), but that doesn't mean they've seen every oddball problem.  He also gave me general advice about the kind of problems he typically sees MINIs have.

Unfortunately, he also gave me advice a bit similar to yours.  That they are usually great cars for their first 5ish years.  But they aren't built to last and don't keep them past their original warranty (groan).  I did buy an extended warranty, but that doesn't go into effect for three more weeks and, technically, doesn't cover a pre-existing problem.

@missJeanLouise, the jobsite for our client is in Indonesia.  So I work with a lot of suppliers on that end of the world.  Those companies typically take the whole last week of Ramadan off.  But, especially since I've previously only been used to Christian holidays, which are always around the same time of year (though Easter moves a bit).  I did find it really surprising how much Ramadan moves around.  If I remember correctly, it can end up occurring at any time of the year.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    If Europe is still in the picture we went to Malaga in Southern Spain and this is exactly what we did. There were also tons of historical sites to see and amazing beaches. We booked flights+hotels through expedia and the discount was pretty good.

What about the Virgin Islands? I've heard great things (we haven't been), but H's parents LOVED it. 
    Spain is the dream exactly! But just looking more expensive than we can swing this round. I’ll check out the Virgin Islands though, thanks!
  • 6fsn said:

Crazy cat story-

Yucky!  We've had one live mouse in our house once a few years ago.  However, it had happened pretty regularly at a previous house we lived in.  We got our cat Nip back then and she turned out to be a terrific mouser.

She loves, LOVES to play with a live mouse.  But she is terrified of our Roomba.  That situation would have been a real conundrum for her, lol.  I'm not even sure if she means to kill mice.  I've seen her do it and it almost looks more like a fun, interactive game to her.  But then it stops moving after she has smacked/swatted it a few times.  And she loses interest and walks away.  But is revved and excited for the rest of the day.

For a funny story and an example of the difference between cats and dogs.  The one mouse that was in our current house happened when I was home.

I walked in on the scene, already in play.  The dog (Izzy) was on one side of the mouse, but a few feet away.  It might have been the first time she had ever seen a mouse, unless she's seen them in the backyard.  If I could put words to her curious expression and friendly demeanor toward the mouse, it would be, "Hello!!!  What are you?  Can we play and be friends?"

Nip was a few feet away, but on a different side of the mouse.  It was hilarious how different her expression and demeanor was from Izzy's.  She was in stereotypical predator mode.  Ears flat.  Eyes slitted.  Literally in a pounce position.  Ready to jump as soon as that mouse moved.

I was a coward and running late for work.  I left the scene and HOPED Nip would do her job.  I came back to find a dead mouse.  Good job, Nip.  Nip was nowhere to be found.  I'm sure she was too bored to stay, lol.  But Izzy was sniffing it up.  I disposed of said mouse.  I can deal with them dead.  But not alive (shudder).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy The silver lining of minis is that they tend to have the same problems at the same mileage across the board. The forums have a ton of topics about what to expect. Mini's are highly specialized. They even have their own special mechanical tools, which is probably why BMW can't service your mini. It's why you can't just change your brakes at home (although just the parts are close to $1,000). One time we bought brakes to change them at home and my dad had to physically make the tool that would work to change them out. If I ever have extra money, I'd love to lease another Mini S, but I will never buy them again. Dealerships also hate them as trade ins because the profit margin is so slim and there's such a big risk of them having issues. 

• Just waiting for something good to happen.
  • levioosa said:
    @short+sassy The silver lining of minis is that they tend to have the same problems at the same mileage across the board. The forums have a ton of topics about what to expect. Mini's are highly specialized. They even have their own special mechanical tools, which is probably why BMW can't service your mini. It's why you can't just change your brakes at home (although just the parts are close to $1,000). One time we bought brakes to change them at home and my dad had to physically make the tool that would work to change them out. If I ever have extra money, I'd love to lease another Mini S, but I will never buy them again. Dealerships also hate them as trade ins because the profit margin is so slim and there's such a big risk of them having issues. 

:O!!!  Coincidentally, my H just changed all the brake pads a few weeks ago. 

At first, him and his friend, who was with us at Auto Zone, kept laughing at how little the brake pads were.

And then my MINI kicked his ass and broke one of his tools as he was trying to get the first tire off.  He was a little immasculated (sp?) that we had to return to Auto Zone and buy a tool that was strong enough to do the job.

He kept laughing that he felt so much less manly that he couldn't get the tiny tire off my tiny car.  I told him, "That's what you get for making fun of her brake pads.  She heard you."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    @short+sassy The silver lining of minis is that they tend to have the same problems at the same mileage across the board. The forums have a ton of topics about what to expect. Mini's are highly specialized. They even have their own special mechanical tools, which is probably why BMW can't service your mini. It's why you can't just change your brakes at home (although just the parts are close to $1,000). One time we bought brakes to change them at home and my dad had to physically make the tool that would work to change them out. If I ever have extra money, I'd love to lease another Mini S, but I will never buy them again. Dealerships also hate them as trade ins because the profit margin is so slim and there's such a big risk of them having issues. 

:O!!!  Coincidentally, my H just changed all the brake pads a few weeks ago. 

At first, him and his friend, who was with us at Auto Zone, kept laughing at how little the brake pads were.

And then my MINI kicked his ass and broke one of his tools as he was trying to get the first tire off.  He was a little immasculated (sp?) that we had to return to Auto Zone and buy a tool that was strong enough to do the job.

He kept laughing that he felt so much less manly that he couldn't get the tiny tire off my tiny car.  I told him, "That's what you get for making fun of her brake pads.  She heard you."

Haha. Actually one of the things I miss about my mini was how solid the car was. Yeah, it was tiny, but I actually felt safer than I do in my full size sedan. 

• Ugh, S&S I hope they can fix your car before Tuesday! That's nuts!!

Levioosa, I hope your mom gets better soon and your class isn't as excruciating as it sounds like it will be!

6, how did that even happen?! What a crazy thing!!

So, one of the women in my department is on vacation this week and next week. We are all CSRs for group health insurance and she does individual medicare supp stuff also. Last week, one of the agents asked her what to do with his group stuff while she was gone. She replied with "hold it until I come back because it will be faster (and more accurate) for me to process". So, essentially saying that the other woman and I are incompetent. So I said fine, fuck it, I'm not doing a damned thing for her while she's gone. I'm salty as hell, especially since the agent (who is also a partner and the big wig of a different location) replied with, "Okay, great!" so basically agreeing that we're too slow and dumb to do our own jobs.

So today, a client comes in with issues with his med supp. I shrugged and told our receptionist that I'm sorry, but I'm too incompetent to help. The owner is now trying to help him. I'm positive that once it's resolved, he'll come to me to discuss. I'm sitting here all smug with my copy of that email and the fact that no one said one word to me about procedures while she's out so there's nothing I can to do help.