Wedding Woes

Friday!

I'm counting down the hours. Remember when I said quitting the nonprofit was much easier than I anticipated? Oh how wrong I was. My supervisor will no longer speak to me, nor will she reply to my emails. The level of dysfunction just baffles me. 

What's everyone got planned for the weekend? I might run a 5k tomorrow, but not much after that. Sunday is pool party at my sister's then dinner with the IL's. 

Re: Friday!

• Aw man, good thing you're getting the hell out of there!

I told my dad I'd go with him to my cousin's son's graduation party tomorrow. So that should fulfill my father's day duties. We have to make an appearance at his dad's Sunday but other than that, I'm hoping to get a lot done around the house. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm counting down the hours. Remember when I said quitting the nonprofit was much easier than I anticipated? Oh how wrong I was. My supervisor will no longer speak to me, nor will she reply to my emails. The level of dysfunction just baffles me. 

What's everyone got planned for the weekend? I might run a 5k tomorrow, but not much after that. Sunday is pool party at my sister's then dinner with the IL's. 

Yet they want you to finish that grant before you leave, smh.

This week was so much more stressful than normal, mainly because of my car problems, that I desperately need this weekend to just totally decompress.  I had really wanted to take today off, but just had too much work to do.

So my "big" plans are to totally lounge around and sleep in, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875 That is just insane. Glad you're getting out of there!

@kvruns Good for you for taking some time for yourself! We don't have kids, but one of my favorite things to do is take days off without H and just enjoy quiet time to myself to do what I want.

Finally Friday! This week has been so slow at work - looking forward to it starting to pick up. We're doing a walking challenge at work so at least the down time has given me plenty of opportunities to do laps around the building. I also started looking at houses and found one that could be perfect. We're not actively looking but I hate where we live now so I'm always keeping my eyes open.

• I'm counting down the hours. Remember when I said quitting the nonprofit was much easier than I anticipated? Oh how wrong I was. My supervisor will no longer speak to me, nor will she reply to my emails. The level of dysfunction just baffles me. 

Sounds like the grant application isn't getting processed!   What exactly can be done if it's not to you professionally?  Is this ever a circle that you could enter again?  (ex: in my industry it's small enough that you just shouldn't burn a bridge and trash your superior or coworker when you're on the way out as it will be known in the industry how you ran your mouth.)

Summer is here tomorrow!   We had our grass cut last weekend and I want to get some flowers planted here.   DH doesn't "get" it.   He thinks that lawn maintenance = gardening.   Silly dude.   I think it's a good project for Chiquita and me. 

I need to get DH's father's day gift.   I'm thinking bourbon.
  • No particular plans. I actually would like time that doesn't involve running around.
  • banana468 said:
    I'm counting down the hours. Remember when I said quitting the nonprofit was much easier than I anticipated? Oh how wrong I was. My supervisor will no longer speak to me, nor will she reply to my emails. The level of dysfunction just baffles me. 

Sounds like the grant application isn't getting processed!   What exactly can be done if it's not to you professionally?  Is this ever a circle that you could enter again?  (ex: in my industry it's small enough that you just shouldn't burn a bridge and trash your superior or coworker when you're on the way out as it will be known in the industry how you ran your mouth.)

Summer is here tomorrow!   We had our grass cut last weekend and I want to get some flowers planted here.   DH doesn't "get" it.   He thinks that lawn maintenance = gardening.   Silly dude.   I think it's a good project for Chiquita and me. 

I need to get DH's father's day gift.   I'm thinking bourbon.
    We already have the grant, but after I told them I was leaving they decided to end the contract rather than try and find someone to replace me. One of the (many) reasons I'm leaving is because we're not getting anything accomplished on the grant because the people responsible for implementing the changes won't actually do them. So now my supervisor is worried we won't get paid for the fourth quarter of the grant because the deliverables aren't met (which I've been warning them about for months) and now I'm being told I have to "just write something" to satisfy the outcomes. 

I really am trying to do what I can to make sure at least some of the outcomes are met, but they just decided all of this on Wednesday and my last day in the office is Tuesday (I gave two+ weeks notice), but they asked me to stay on WFH until the end of the month. Originally this was to meet with/transition to a new person, but now they're not doing that. 

I definitely don't want to burn any bridges and even though I'm not likely to be in this circle again (I'm leaving for a corporate position) I don't want any bad blood. I'm being careful about what I write in my exit interview, but there are some serious problems here no one seems to want to address. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Oh Charlotte, I'm so glad you're going to be rid of that crazy-ass place.  Their petty level is 100.  ;)  I vote for just walking out after lunch.  

Tonight we plan for a low-key night. We have stuff to do around the house. 

Tomorrow, we need to take my car in for some routine maintenance.  DH is going to help my dad install a window at his house and I think my dad's going to grill for DH, DefConn, and my nephews.  I'm going to Rent tomorrow night.  Our last show of this season.   :) 

Sunday, smoking all the meat (that's what she said. :D ).  FIL is coming over and maybe DH's uncle.  

Between all that, we'll be doing vacation prep.  
    This is really what I want to do. I won't. But I'd really like to. 
  • We are heading to North Carolina for a wedding!

I'm so excited to get out of the office at 12:30 - I have an overly obsessive co-worker who I used to be cool with, but now it's just uncomfortable. A few weeks back she cornered me in the cafe asking why I don't hang out with her outside of work anymore and I tried to explain I need some space and it's just not getting through. 

I have always been very leery of inviting co-workers into my personal life, I have been burned in the past and it’s often times hard to manage both relationships independently. H and I moved East because of his job and I was having a hard time meshing with some of the people at the office. My coworker struck up a conversation with me and invited H and I to brunch with her and her (ex) boyfriend. We went and it was fine so the four of us started spending more time together and doing more couple related things. It started to be more and more frequent and H finally told me we were spending a ton of time with them and because we needed to buckle down on the spending we should try to cut it back to once a month (at one point it was 3X’s a month) so I started declining invitations.  

One night H, some of his co-workers, my co-worker, and her boyfriend went to a bar. Everyone was having a good time and we started doing shots and chatting with other people. That’s when things got super weird. She ended up cornering in the bar and was saying “am I your best friend? Tell me I’m your best friend” I told her I thought she was a very nice person, but there are things that I have went through with my closest friends and I don’t think we are on the level of best friends. She then asked me, “am I your best friend on the east coast” and I again told her that she was not and that I considered her a good friend, but not on the level of being best friends. 

Mind you we started hanging out in December of 2016. She then proceeded to corner me for an hour asking me repeatedly why I don’t consider her my friend and I’m her best friend and why I needed to say I was her best friend. It was so bad that one of the guys at the bar asked me if I felt safe going home without her following me. H got fed up with it and told her to zip it and to drop it, which she then proceeded to call him an a-hole and start crying. After she calmed down, she then went up to H's coworker's girlfriend and started to hit on her in front of her boyfriend and H's coworker. Grabbing the girlfriend and trying to kiss her which was obviously embarrassing for H since it was his coworker's girlfriend. My co-worker proceeded to fall all over the bar and we were kicked out. We put her in the Lyft and sent her home.

Things have not been the same since that night. I'm frustrated that my initial instincts were right, but I gave it a shot. 

Sorry this was so long...I did not realize I needed to vent haha

• Charlotte - I don't think leaving at lunch and not coming back is burning a bridge.  Your supervisor won't even talk to you or respond to emails.  If anything, supervisor is burning the bridge.  You are taking a corporate job.  It could totally be in the realm of possibilities that you could do things at your corporate job to benefit the non-profit.  Even if its as simple as a $5 jeans day at the office, where the money goes to the non-profit.  But why would you want to support them further, when you can't even be talked to like an adult?

We have lots going on this weekend.  Tonight will be a run to Lowes.  Tomorrow, we will go bowling in the morning and then head over to the Amish mart.  I will buy the fixins' for H's father's day dinner.  I will see what is on sale, but probably bacon wrapped filet.  I will also get their yummy donuts, their fresh bread (NOMMMMMMMM), fresh bacon and anything else that might be yummy.  We will hit up church and then go out for BBQ, with DD saying with home with MIL.

Sunday, will be donuts for breakfast, bacon sandwiches on the fresh bread, and steak with mashed potatoes for dinner.  I have all of H's gifts, though I need to wrap them in some way still.

In between all of that, we have a fire alarm for the garage to install, a dimmer for the bathroom, insulation at the dryer vent to add, some calulking around a window outside (we finally have the ladder that will go high enough!), installing a permanent connection from the dehumidfyer to the sump pump, and a few more things.  We will see how much gets done!  LOL!

Happy weekend WW!

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2018
    wow true colors are showing, aren't they @charlotte989875,  but I agree, on a moral stand point to not burn any bridges.  Do the half assed job they're asking for though!

Speaking of fathers day, my parents have trouble getting things delivered to their residence, so they got a PO box.  Everything that requires a bigger box, I ship to my Dad's office.  this year I got him frozen omaha steaks and burgers since they love grilling so much. But he's in and out of the office all day with meetings and I just hope he's back in the office in time for the delivery!

Nothing going on this weekend.  I had to cancel flights to PA for a wedding since the car rental was mucho money for it....and we're just going to drive ourselves (11 hours....eeek!) so now I have southwest credit I have to use.  I'll probably fly to Memphis to visit my parents.  When I visit my parents it's way cheaper than visiting H's since NO ONE puts us up and we have to rent a car, get hotel rooms, buy all the meals....my parents will pick us up from the airport, they have a spare room and we can cook at their home at least!
    edit: words

• NB - That story is crazy.  I think you have every right to tell co-worker that the last outing you had at the bar was just too much and you would prefer to just be cordial at work, but not hang out together outside of the office.  Just wondering if you know, but did the boyfriend break up with her not long after that night?  I would be hella mad at my SO for those types of actions!
  • yikes @NBSquared2017, that is a crazy story! I can see why you're leery now. lol.

We got a new admin last year and she told me she loved ghost hunting. I'm like "do you have facebook? I have a group (closed) if you're interested" and as soon as I said that I'm like...noooooo.....why did I do that?  She never asked for the group and left a few months after.  Glad she never pursued it. 

• wow true colors are showing, aren't they @charlotte989875,  but I agree, on a moral stand point to not burn any bridges.  Do the half assed job they're asking for though!

Speaking of fathers day, my parents have trouble getting things delivered to their residence, so they got a PO box.  Everything that requires a bigger box, I ship to my Dad's office.  this year I got him frozen omaha steaks and burgers since they love grilling so much. But he's in and out of the office all day with meetings and I just hope he's back in the office in time for the delivery!

Nothing going on this weekend.  I had to cancel flights to PA for a wedding since the car rental was mucho money for it....and we're just going to drive ourselves (11 hours....eeek!) so now I have southwest credit I have to use.  I'll probably fly to Memphis to visit my parents.  When I visit my parents it's way cheaper than visiting H's since NO ONE puts us up and we have to rent a car, get hotel rooms, buy all the meals....my parents will pick us up from the airport, they have a spare room and we can cook at their home at least!
    edit: words

It makes a BIG difference!  Almost all my first cousins live in OH.  When the first one got married, my aunt had a big house and I was welcome to stay in one of the rooms.  Someone from the family also picked me up and dropped me off at the airport.  I paid for my flight (of course) and that was about it.

But when the next cousin got married, my aunt had downsized and was now living in a condo, so I'd have to stay in a hotel.  I forget why, but no one was going to be able to pick me up either.  I'd also need to rent a car.

Initially, I was excited to go.  But, when I sat down to do the math...(mouth drop) at the cost.  Plus it was during a time of the year when there was a possibility of snow.  And this gal did not want her first time driving in snow to be in a rental car in an unfamiliar city.  Recipe.For.Disaster.  So I ended up declining and was a little bummed about it.

@NBSquared2017, have a good time in North Carolina!  I realize people are not quite themselves when they get drunk.  But the whole "please, please, please tell me I'm your best friend" is so jr. high, it's cringe-worthy.  I would have really distanced myself also.  Though more from her being so embarrassing in front of your H's coworkers and their SO's.  Yikes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charmedpam there are SEVERAL stories.

My coworker asked me repeatedly what I was doing for my birthday. TBH, I had not thought about my birthday and H actually suggested we do a last minute dinner just the two of us. He and I went to dinner Friday night, and I met up with my coworker on Saturday morning for breakfast, because I was in the area. When we were sitting at breakfast and my H’s co-worker and girlfriend text and asked if we wanted to get dinner with them that evening. 

I asked my coworker what she thought of the restaurant and she gave her opinion. She proceeded to tell me that she would avoid them because of what her ex said the two of them said about her. I asked her for clarification and she said that she was told they said she was a psycho and that he could so much better. I told her that did not sound like H’s co-worker and she said well she would just avoid them anyway and I changed the subject. As we were leaving, she said let me know if you are in the city and we can try to meet up, and I said okay.

H and I left to catch the train and I forgot my phone on the charger and the next day I posted a picture on Instagram of a cocktail from a  local distillery and I immediately got a message from my coworker questioning me why I did not text her when I was in the city. I told her I forgot my phone at home and I was not able to text her because I  don’t know her number. I also said if she was going to avoid his co-worker and her GF, why on earth would I want to ask her to hang out with them? 

She then proceeds to tell me how I do want to do stuff with her, but I don’t want to do couples stuff anymore and how I say I never have the money, but H and I are always doing stuff. I had to tell her I am a grown woman and to stay out of my pockets because if I want to go to dinner or do something with my husband or other people it’s my right. I also told her if she feels like I am such a horrible friend and treat her so badly, then why does she want to be my friend?

I’ve only known her since the end of 2016.

So much drama!

• @charmedpam there are SEVERAL stories.

I asked my coworker what she thought of the restaurant and she gave her opinion. She proceeded to tell me that she would avoid them because of what her ex said the two of them said about her. I asked her for clarification and she said that she was told they said she was a psycho and that he could so much better. I told her that did not sound like H’s co-worker and she said well she would just avoid them anyway and I changed the subject. As we were leaving, she said let me know if you are in the city and we can try to meet up, and I said okay.

I’ve only known her since the end of 2016.

So much drama!

Response:  "Well, you were a psycho that night."

I'm assuming this was the same night as her bar antics, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • She's bad news bears.   Does she get that by grabbing the GF and attempting to kiss her without her consent she's gone from drunk and rambling to at least attempting some kind of assault?  If I had a random dude grabbing me and trying to kiss me I'd be on the alert to at least GTFO or call the cops.  

You're kinder than I am.   I'd probably have to play a line like, "I think what we realized is that we get along well at work but are probably not compatible out of the office."  

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sitting at the pool living the dream. Except the kids are here and I don’t have a cocktail. 

Baseball tomorrow. I’m going to cry if 6let gets picked As an all star I might cry. There’s little chance he’ll get picked though. 

Dh and I are seeing Kenny Chesney tomorrow night. Sunday is Father’s Day. We’re picking the kids up at my folks and having a cookout. 
  • I left the office after work (but not for good unfortunately). Our internet sucks there so I went to a coffee shop to work. I'd leave expect I have a meeting with direct service staff on Tuesday and I won't want to leave without finishing up things with them. They would all completely understand if I just bounced, but I do want to meet with them all one last time. 
  • I left the office after work (but not for good unfortunately). Our internet sucks there so I went to a coffee shop to work. I'd leave expect I have a meeting with direct service staff on Tuesday and I won't want to leave without finishing up things with them. They would all completely understand if I just bounced, but I do want to meet with them all one last time. 
    I can understand not wanting to leave loose ends. Best of luck!
  • I'm meeting some friends for drinks tonight. They picked the bar because of the food. 

Like a good little weight watcher, I'm eating healthy right now so I'm not hungry later. I'm also driving so no drinks. I feel like my self-control goal is a little too lofty..
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever