Wedding Woes

Monday!

How was the weekend? How's the week shaping up?

Friday I mowed the grass for DH (even used the weed eater). Friday night we chilled and played outside.

Saturday was LOOOOOOOOONG. 6let had his last baseball game starting at noon, so 11:15 we left the house.  It was so freaking hot.  Just sitting there sweat would pour down my back.  We finished the 5th inning at 2:30.  Our team was up 9-7.  The other team said the wanted one more inning, which is their right, butDAMN.  It was hot and we hadn't played 6 innings all season.  EVERYONE was tired.  Top of the 6th our boys batted first and landed at 16-7. 6let got up to pitch and got the first kid out then we started hearing thunder rumbling and the rain started.  6let got another kid out and they called a rain delay.  It was POURING.  After 15 minutes of just standing in the deluge the other team forfeited.  It was almost 3 at this point and we were all soaking wet. 

My parents took the kids and DH and I got a late, late start to the Kenny Chesney concert.  Made even later because we were soaked to our underwear and needed to change.  The concert was tons of fun though.  We got home and slept in.

Yesterday we went to my folks to get the kids and have dinner.  Then home to celebrate DH and playing a bunch of soccer.

I always give DH crap because at one point we had 3 soccer goals and 1 rebounder (to pitch, hit, kick into).  He got rid of one goal, but then says "I ordered something.  It's not a goal or a rebounder." NO he ordered a soccer tennis net- a net like a tennis net, but you use a soccer ball.  I shouldn't complain since they all love it, but he better not complain about his car never getting in the garage!

Speaking of soccer (when am I not)- It's a done deal that 6let is playing a tournament in Bethesda, Md.  6 hours away.  The weekend before Thanksgiving. 1,200clubs.  18,000 kids.

Re: Monday!

• Are you going to go to that tournament @6fsn

We we had a nice long weekend since DH had Thursday and Sunday off. We accomplished everything we wanted to do and had more than enough time to do nothing. DH cut the grass too short though. It went from long, green, and gorgeous to short, brown, and sad. I am hoping it will rebound soon. We also got the guest room cleared out so I can start setting up the nursery. SIL and BIL will just have to deal with staying with DH’s workbench and treadmill when they come. 
    Idk what I want to do about a crib though. Our friend offered to sell us their iCandy stroller, 3-1 crib, travel cot, and a couple other things but DH didn’t like the crib (eye roll) and the stroller is fancier/more expensive than we would have chosen ourselves. They are offering a great discount but I still think it would be more than if we got the one we were looking at. Friend and her family are on holiday until right before we go to Sri Lanka so we have some time but I think it might just take it because shopping around sounds exhausting at this point.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

@Missjeanlouise- sometimes a few dollars is worth the sanity.  6let will go to the tournament with one parent.  We just haven't decided which one yet.  I'd like to go because I think it would be fun, but DH is better equipped to figure shit out.  Plus he's a lot more into soccer.

• I wish I had something cheerful and positive to say. But the weekend was depressing and painful. 

I hope this week is better.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2018
    Just the thought of sitting out in that sun kills me, @6fsn, you must really like your children! lol.  We saw Kenny Chesney years ago and it was a great show.
    @mrsconn23, the week before vacation sucks.  It goes slower than a regular slow week!
    @shessocold, I need a new iphone too, my battery drains - but I have to back it up on itunes and I'm to lazy to figure it out, so right now I'm just dealing with a quick battery.

I need a weekend do-over.  Bad things are supposed to happen in 3's but I got it in 4's.

- Friday I came home, and couldn't open  my door.  It turned to unlock, but the door would not budge.  I had to have H come home from work (he was leaving for work as I was getting home) and the metal plate was jammed in the door, making it impossible to open.  H had to bust through the door.  Thankfully - it was a case of new deadbolt/lock only.
    - Saturday I went to get my moisturizer from my make up cabinet and my brand new glass jar foundation crashed to the floor.  Lancome, think we can get plastic bottles please? 
    - Driving home from the chiro on Saturday, I was following a construction truck (at a decent length) and I heard a small pebble hit my windshield.  It was a one lane street but when it came to two lanes, I quickly roared past him but it was to late and this morning noticed a HUGE crack in my windshield, so now I have to get that looked at
    - Yesterday we finally took the winter tarp off the patio furniture.  We have not gone outside yet!  I hate summer and I hate outside.  Anyway, we waited to late to do that and a bunch of ants made a home on our deck under the tarp because of the water.  Oops. 

But I did get some really good meat, fruit and veggies from the farmers market! So there is that sunshine to my gloomy weekend. Although that wasn't exactly free....
    edit: words

• @ShesSoCold, phew!  I was getting anxious just reading your post, until I got to the end, lol.  I think my phone is about at the end of its life.  The touch screen doesn't work very well anymore.

@STARMOON44, you are so right!  There plain isn't a worse day than Wed. for a holiday.  Fortunately for me, I have 51 hours of vacation time I want to burn up by the end of Sept.  I'm going to use 40 for in Aug. for a trip to CA.  And then take either the Mon./Tues. off or the Thurs./Fri. off. on July 4th week to use up the rest of my "overage".

Weekend was pretty good, but not long enough.  It never is, of course, lol.  But for this last weekend, I could have especially used an extra day for relaxing.  I'm thinking about taking this Fri. off.  On Sat., H and I did a major grocery shopping trip and went out to lunch.  On Sun., we smoked some ribs and had an early dinner.  They came out great.  Delicious and tender.  I would have especially liked enjoying them on our deck, but it is already way too hot to be outside for any length of time.  At least for me it is.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The *only* reason I'm glad the 4th is in the middle of the week is that we get home on the 30th and we're taking off for a weekend at the farm on the 6th.  Having the midweek day off means that we can unpack from the beach and get ready for the farm.  Luckily, we're staying in FIL's camper and only going to be gone for 2 nights.  So we don't need a whole lot more than clothes, bag chairs, and beer for our weekend trip.

We're probably just going to stay home.  We've been invited to one party, but DH has an audit the week after the 4th and may go into work for a few hours.  We'll go to the fireworks store and get some stuff to blow up.  ;) 

• how is it nearly 4th of July? Wednesday is the worst day for a holiday. 
    Yeah when did that happen??

We probably won't do anything. I start the new job on the 25th, and I will have the 4th off (so will H) but probably won't do much. Maybe head to my sister's and swim? Or nap. We're so exciting. 
  • I'm so glad you went to the wedding so that you could give us that recap, @NBSquared2017.    We haven't had a good HAM wedding recap in years.  

:: pours one out for Wonderw1fe :: 
  • Jen - Hugs

SSC - Glad you got the outcome you wanted!

NB - That was a trainwreck! 

We had a great weekend.  Some plans were rearranged due to DD needing naps at various times, but we got mostly everything done from our packed weekend.  We didn't finish all of the small tasks, but we worked on some other ones, so overall still a productive weekend.

H loved his gifts for Father's Day and all of the food I cooked for him.  I ended up buying rib-eye steaks instead of filet for dinner.  So we are giving DD little pieces of steak and she is eating them like a maniac!  H and I both commented that we probably never ate rib-eye growing up, but look at this kid gobbling it up!

We are having a problem with our mortgage accelerator company and H just wants to start killing people.  Our mortgage was sold, so we had to switch mortgage companies with the accelerator.  We pay the accelerator a set amount every other week.  Most of the year it amounts to our normal monthly payment, but 2xs per year, we pay an extra half mortgage payment solely as principal to our loan.  This will shave 7 1/2 years off the mortgage.  So we pay the accelerator and the accelerator pays the mortgage company.  Even when the mortgage is sold or refinanced, we just call and update the info - all is well - never a missed payment yet.  So we get the letter the Thursday before vacation at the end of May - with June being the first payment to the new mortgage company.  H calls accelerator immediately to update the mortgage info and get June's payment sent to the right place.  Well, the accelerator had the information, but never sent any payment. H calls them and the guy is just like, well we can send it on the 13th.  Meanwhile, we are starting to get calls for the mortgage payment.  H calls again this morning to do a 3 way call with the accelerator and the mortgage company.  The accelerator has no explanation why they never sent the payment, on time, like they typically would and can only tell us the payment from the 13th needs to have 7-10 days to be paid and cleared.  Oh, but the July payment will be sent on the 25th.  Well that doesn't help us!  I think H will call the accelerator back and escalate to a manager because they kept saying they needed a third payment, but they had 4 in the time that H called them and told them to send payment!  Grrrr!  H is worried this will effect his credit, we also want to take MIL off the mortgage (she co-signed) but the mortgage company will probably laugh at us, if we ask.

• Oh yay I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend in NC @NBSquared2017 ! It was a beautiful weekend here :)

But holy smokes does that wedding sound like a mess. Although I just about DIED at the song the WP danced to! I didn't think anyone but my N'SYNC-obsessed-seventh-grade-bff even knew about that song lolol. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2018

Our weekend was nice. We went to NC and got to explore the city. @ahoywedding - thank you for your suggestions we went to Boxcar + Tupelo Honey and loved both suggestions.

The PPD was a disaster. We ran into the bride and groom at their bachelor and bachelorette parties the day before, which was so weird. She's all "I can't believe tomorrow is the big day"  Cue the internal screaming and eye twitching from me.

The ceremony was uncomfortable as the officiant and groom kept making jokes about the fact that they have already been married for 2 years and poking fun at the fact that none of their families were invited. The recessional was cringe-worthy as the entire party did awkward dances to "Trashin' the Camp" from Disney’s "Tarzan" and wanted the guests to dance out after them.

The gap wasn't awful as H and I went back to the hotel and grabbed food, but when we got back for the reception, it was discovered that he and I were left off the main spreadsheet so we did not have a place to sit. We ended up getting a last minute table setting, but I was just annoyed at this point as everyone was sitting down and we had to wait and see what tables could accommodate extra people.

The bar was cash - and they ran out of regular vodka so I started drinking vanilla vodka and cokes halfway through the night. Needless to say, I woke up with a wicked headache yesterday.

Oh and I burned my arm on a sparkler during their exit.

He's lucky I love him...that was a mess lol

Thanks for sharing. What a trainwreck.

Edited to add: I hope you're feeling better today.
  • Wasn't the big day 2 years ago, @NBSquared2017.  And she even got a bachelorette  party out of it too!

• Wasn't the big day 2 years ago, @NBSquared2017.  And she even got a bachelorette  party out of it too!
    Yes! She was fully decked out in a veil and bachelorette swag. 

Comical to say the least!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    I’m sorry your still struggling @Jen4948
  • Jen4948 said:
    I wish I had something cheerful and positive to say. But the weekend was depressing and painful. 

I hope this week is better.
    I hope it is, too. 
  • @OliveOilsMom, not quite the same train wreck, but I originally got my mortgage through one bank.  It got sold to BofA before I even closed on the house, lol.  My closing docs even had BofA as where to send the payments, etc.

But no, not really, the mortgage hadn't "officially" been sold to BofA yet.  So I needed to make the mortgage payments to "original bank", temporarily, until that happened.

Because of this, there was apparently only one WFH person at the entire bank who knew about/could give me info on my loan.  Nobody else had the ability to find it.  Not a branch person.  Not someone on the customer service line.  Okey-doke.

This went on for over a year.  In August 2012, I get a "congratulations" letter from original bank on the purchase of my new home and thanking me for choosing them for my loan.  It has my new loan number (it was a different number).  They also notified me that my first payment is due July 2011, lmao.

I call up my gal to find out what is going on and make sure they are aware that I have made THIRTEEN months of mortgage payments.  Apparently, BofA was no longer purchasing mortgages at that time so the loan got converted back to them as a permanent loan.  She apologized and said what I'd received was just a form letter.  But all my loan and escrow balances were just as they should be.  I double checked that and they were.

I've always wondered if I just hadn't paid my mortgage those 13 months, if anyone would have even known, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good Afternoon!

We had a great weekend!   
    Saturday DD and I went to Lowe's and picked up plants.   I weeded and replanted portions of our front garden and then planted new impatiens and coleus plants in the front.   The back garden is now atrocious but I have more impatiens that I can plant there.   I'm hopeful that this weekend we can make more progress. 

Saturday late afternoon we went out on the boat for a nice ride before dinner.  Then we treated the kids for dinner at a local place on picnic tables. 

Just before we left my aunt emailed asking if DH could go over and help them lift their bed so they can change their bed skirt.   Not 4 hours later she called and said, "You don't check your email on the weekends? "I told her that I hadn't checked yet and it was a white lie - I wasn't going to ask my husband to stop our plans to drive to help two retirees change a bed skirt when we were up against the timing of the sun and dinner.   I told her that we were occupied Saturday and then all day Sunday (we were) and DH will go over tonight.   I love her dearly but sometimes I get a chuckle over what warrants the email with immediate follow up.   It's. a. bed skirt.   In the grand scheme of priorities I have to put that as a low hanging fruit.

Yesterday we had church and then went to my parents for Father's Day.   It was fun, the kids ran around outside and all of us get along well.   

This week begins the move of MIL and FIL.   I am anticipating busier nights and a lack of spouse this weekend. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    edited June 2018
    @ShesSoCold there’s plenty of time I sit on my add. Like right now while the kids are swimming.  

Ahem, I sit on my ass.